Alliance participation in war

Just had an idea, searched a bit for a thread on the forum but didn’t see it.
I think there should be a penalty added for unused flags during wars, thinking like 3% per flag, if unused. This would be a reduction to the Alliance War Chest.
If you have people opt in but not use all flags or partial they would be penalized for letting their team down.
Assume best case scenario your Alliance won 5 in a row but had someone not use any flags they would only get 10% participation on loot chest.
I feel like it would incentivize people to actually use all flags.

Got my vote. A boot is simple but hitting loot may sting a bit more. Some could care less about what their actions and only about themselves so this possibly may make a difference. Personally every time a player bounced midwar ( don’t happen often ) we won the war cuz the fam pulled together stronger. We been lucky. Sadly, I know how badly it has affected others.

1 Like

It’s a good idea to hit them where it hurts in the loot chest. However, I don’t see where you have taken the fledgling players into account. Those who are just starting out but really want to play and learn. I remember not having 30 hero and not being able to use all my flags, it sucked not to be 100% participating but my hands were tied by my level. Should they be penalized for trying to learn? A rule like that would affect more than just the war jumpers you targeting. Thanks and remember to be kind to each other.

4 Likes

Well my post was talking about war jumpers not so much people that didn’t use their Flags. I can definitely see your points and you’re absolutely right. so there has to be a middle ground regarding people not using all of their Flags because they are incapable of doing so logistically.

3 Likes

I completely agree with the concept and the target (inconsiderate jumpers) should be penilzed in the loot chest. I hope a system that works for all can be found.

3 Likes

Cant really support this idea. While I dont like flags going unused there are casual guilds that may not require full flag use, so I cant imagine they would want their players penalized for not using flags when they dont require it.

2 Likes

Maybe war rules should have a 30 hero requirement to participate?
I would rather see people taking a chance and learning by using what they have and doing something albeit seemingly insignificant than just not use their flags.
I have taken down teams that appeared stronger, which was better than not even trying at all.
Sometimes a war is won by just a few points, better to use your flags and net whatever points you can for your team.

This could be easily resolved by allowing Alliance leaders to toggle the penalty on or off.

2 Likes

All unused flags trouble could be easily solved by allowing leadership to control access to the battlefield. If problem players that always leave flags unused could be baned from the battlefield and denied further access by the leaders there would be no need to nerf their loot or boot them from the alliance.

1 Like

I would support the basis of your idea. It’s good and in my view should be developed.
That said however, it needs to be tweaked for some obvious reasons (mainly not to punish new players).
My view is that it should be aimed at war jumpers who opt into war and then leave unused flags behind …. So say X% loss of loot per flag from the next (any) chest opened (just in case the jumper does not do war).
Just my two pennies worth

3 Likes