Alliance Membership Responsibilities?

Only hard rules that I have are:

• Don’t reject people that want to join, based on anything… I will use goggle translate if I have to.
  • Kicking someone requires either a leader (since there are 3 of us) or 2 Co-leaders have to approve.
  • If you are in war have 6 flags sitting there and were active in the game… Insta-boot.
  • All my Military people get free passes.

I try to put real life first, I mean this is just a game. People have all kinds of real life things that come up, so I am not going to kick someone for not using a flag or not hitting the titan for a few days. But I have had a few that abuse that… and they are no longer with us.

2 Likes

I like those guidelines @Ambushed!

Simplicity has it’s advantages @Rigs

1 Like

We’re tracking flag use amongst our members. One of our co-leaders was just demoted to elder. If that doesn’t get his attention, we may have to use him as an example. The thing is, we can’t have accountability if there are no agreed upon responsibilities. The reasons for promotion have been nebulous, at best. You have no idea how much I’m appreciating this input!

This shows the forums at their best :+1:

1 Like

Promotions in our alliance usually require someone with us for six months and a vote by leadership (we like unanimous votes).

There have been rare, delightful exceptions, but this is our cookie cutter that prevents certain folks from taking advantage.

And while it’s not always true, it bothers me when someone seeks out promotion ahead of us lifting them. Impatience me no likee. :wink:

10 Likes

Make up the rules you want,
Change them based on feedback of the alliance.
Enforce them.
We have a leadership line group to discuss kicks and promotions
Promote people who actively help to elder status.
Make people who want to communicate in alliance messages co-leader.

4 Likes

I think all of us must remember that the first and only goal of this game is having fun, no matter how much competitive our alliance is.

All rules/conducts/behaviour must have some flexibility and consider all of us may have other priorities for the day or real life problems.

When the alliance reach their goals but turn to something unpleasant to stay in, know that in reality you fail and don’t accomplish anything worthwhile.

Stay on top is important only if you have fun doing it.
Otherwise, just let others be.

7 Likes

Not always followed… :roll_eyes::rofl:

2 Likes

Shucks, @Rook, I’ve only been in our Alliance for 174 days myself!

2 Likes

These are the lines I’m looking looking to establish. For the rules to be fair, they have to be spelled out clearly and enforced consistently. Capriciousness and inconsistency have no place in any game worth playing. Life isn’t fair, but this isn’t life. If I can’t behave honorably here, I need to find better things to do with my time.

I’m not a fan of the word “rule”… I try to frame it as a list of guidelines… like, this is how our alliance is run. These are the expectations. If they match your play style and level of commitment, cool. If not, find another home. Our goals are clear: have fun while chaining 14s and winning wars as a team.

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of the word “rule” either…more like dictatorship ruled with an iron fist…

Match the play style or get out…

Not really…I enjoy the friendly benevolent leadership by Zephyr1 and the gang but I’d be remiss if I didn’t play the contrarian in a thread today.

5 Likes

The orientation blurbs I share with new recruits, when they first join, read as follows:

1st blurb: Welcome to the Chicken Shack. You can call me Ox. We’re glad you’re here and we’ll be happy to help you any way we can. Our rules are simple. 1) Hit Every Titan with Every Flag you get. 2) Fight Every War with Every Flag you get. If you have a real life conflict with rules 1 or 2 let us know, and be sure to uncheck your participation for that war. Not doing so puts us at a competitive disadvantage.

2nd blurb: M______ is our fearless leader, and he’s very knowledgeable about this game. We communicate here in chat, and talk strategy, tactics, and so forth in the Line app. If you download the app, you can add me as a friend by seaching for fyreox61. Any questions so far, or are you just itching to Fry some Titans?

These blurbs are subject to revision by the leadership group, but I rarely get edited, and only occasionally get feedback. I’m no great statesman, but I do ok stringing together coherent verbiage, for a knuckle dragging firefighter

4 Likes

Yea you do hurt some feelings sometimes and leave it up to me to smooth things over

3 Likes

Those that fit in will stay. Those that don’t, will leave.

I see it more as “this is what we do” and “this is what we don’t do”. If u don’t fit into that, buh bye(i like rules, much easier to explain a boot with rules)

6 Likes

Shucks, I’m at 561 days, :astonished: and not even the longest in my alliance

2 Likes

I hear you, Math4lyfe, and I understand that words can have certain emotional connotations that can add to, or detract from the message one attempts to convey. However, most folks function more effectively when there are clear boundaries established for appropriate or inappropriate behaviors. The anonymous fellowship, that I owe most gratitude toward, recognizes that the term “suggestion” merely connotates a subtle command. Nevertheless, whether they are recognized as rules, guidelines, initiatives, or standards, they only exist to establish boundaries for expectations of behavior, right?

3 Likes

Thats the way Mine is structured, after 1 war with all flags used straight to co-leader. I want EVERYONE in my alliance to feel EQUAL. I always tell them we ARE ONE, no one stronger or weaker. We win as a team and we loose as one also. IF we have someone that misses flags we wait for the reason, as REAL LIFE is first. But we had a player that was TOLD to opt out of weekend wars he had missed some in two in a row. He did NOT opt out and was booted right then. We also VOTE on what to do with questionable problems

3 Likes