Alliance "loyalty" reward

Actually yes it does. You said family Alliances don’t do this, I proved they do (we aren’t the only one), therefore you are wrong. It’s okay to not always be right.

1 Like

It does not make me right, but it does not make you correct either…
Just makes what you did an anomaly

And if you want to address/“fix” this issue by saying it is not fair for people that leave alliance for a few hours then return, there could be a 24 hour period where you can return to your alliance and maintain your bonus. it is the same as war.

1 Like

Still not necessarily a fan of the idea, but you created a solution to the problem AND want more free stuff given out. So I can support it anyway.

1 Like

10% in food and Iron is not a game changer, let say you produce 1M iron a day so now you produce 1.1M. but is is a nice bonus to have.

In any case players will not - not leave an alliance because of this but players that will stay will benefit.

As said before, Titans, Titan chests and war chests can all be viewed ad loyalty and participation rewards.

Much the bigger issue is alliance organisation. In a sense, I am proposing here the opposite approach, not reward. Alliances need a function for leaders to be voted off, especially when they are offline for a while. Also, the “war participation”-button is not enough. Alliance lead and co-lead must have the power to restrict members from wars. For beginner and casual alliances it is a major annoyance to get only 1 war chest per 25 wars, because some people are only willing to attack with their “main team” and other things like that. This makes progress for new players slow since there are no progress alliances for new players and war chests are one of the major sources of AM’s.
Cheers

If the leader is a problem, everyone else can just opt out and start a new alliance without him.

This is something that comes from the leadership. If the alliance doesn’t have it change alliances.

Have you been through the effort of talking this through in the alliance chat, form a new alliance and then getting the active members to join without being able to message across alliances? All because of an inactive leader? A button to start a vote and replace the leader would be way easier.

I personally haven’t but it is how my alliance got started so I am familiar with the pain and tribulation. I joined very shortly after it happened and heard all about it.

I’m not saying it wouldn’t be way easier but in light of how quickly things get implemented here I am offering alternative ideas in the meantime.

Yes but they are all short term loyalty and participation rewards, titan is 12 hours and war chest is ever few assuming you did not join when the chest was below 20/25 then it could be a few days.

I think we need something more long term reward

Although they wouldn’t get the loyalty reward by helping “family” alliances it actually shouldn’t seem like a punishment, as they can’t miss the reward being that it was not in place to begin with. Can’t miss something you never had. It’s a choice to help “family” alliances as the game it not set up in a sense to alliance hop. Loyalty reward/incentives encourages all alliances to work with what/who you have to make that alliance stronger, in doing so the members receive incentives/rewards.

1 Like

Families of alliances aside, I think the OP’s intention (correct me if I’m wrong here @Ygr) is to encourage new alliance members to stay with an alliance rather than randomly hopping around from alliance to alliance, not meant to punish those who are staying within the same alliance network.

Yes there are several good reasons for a player to leave an alliance, temporarily or otherwise, but there are also a lot of drifters out there who briefly just join an alliance, then quit shortly after. That is their right, of course, but it can screw up titans and war matchmaking for the recruiting alliance. I believe the intention was to reward people for devoting time and effort to their team, to discourage people from just wandering between alliances when they have no real intentions of sticking with one long term.

I think it’s a good idea to encourage teams to stick together once you’ve found the right home. I’m certainly not suggesting that people be punished for temporarily helping their friends in family alliances. Perhaps it could be altered so that “loyalty rewards” are reinstated as long as the player rejoins the original alliance within 48 hours after leaving?

1 Like

Yep, you just explain it better than me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nah, it’s not my explanation. Some people just disagree with ideas for personal reasons. Like when I disagree with the idea of forcing people to use their 3 war flags in the first 12 hours or else they lose them. I don’t like that idea because it hurts me and others in my alliance. I can understand why they want that, but I have reasons for why I don’t want that. Same situation here. Some people have good reasons for leaving their alliances and they don’t want to miss out on extra loot. They’re entitled to their opinion and they make a fair point. Which is why I suggested a minor alteration that might make everyone happy. :slightly_smiling_face:

I agree with this. I don’t think anyone should be punished, but 24 hours is enough time to browse, take care of or what have you. Plenty time to do whatever is needed/ necessary for setup/help those in training or otherwise. Which would then allow members to get back in time to home alliance to still be within parameters of loyalty requirements.

1 Like

Haha… that is a ridiculous idea that does not take into account the different time zone of people.

Yea… I came to this conclusion yesterday while replying to WhenWeCollide , and I just added it to the main post

1 Like

Hmmm… what if they added a “guest” option? Where a player could temporarily join another alliance as a guest while still remaining part of their original alliance… guests would be allowed to chat and hit the titan in the guest alliance (but they would be subjected to the same 12 hour titan chest cooldown that mercs have), but they would still be kept in their original alliance’s war matchmaking and wouldn’t be allowed to war in the guest alliance. They would still keep their same rank and time in their original alliance once their temporary “guest” status expired.

2 Likes

Or they could make families of alliances an official thing.

1 Like

I like it but I think it is much more complicated to add a guest option then a counter that counts the days.
And I do not think they want to invest in adding complicated features

1 Like