Alliance "loyalty" reward

@nevarmaor I should have led with a list like that! I blame it on being the middle of the night. :rofl:

You make a great point - there are reasons a player doesnā€™t stay in an alliance. Bonus loot seems like a perk for those that have already found their spot.

1 Like

They should add a loyalty reward for playing the game before adding an alliance loyalty reward.

4 Likes

Players ask for lots of thingsā€¦ Mostly better summon odds, nerf that hero, boost that other one, get rid of field aid and other 1000 stupid things like that and the devs just ignore them. But once in a while there comes somebody with a good idea, people debate it on the forum, many agree to it and the devs, guess what? Still ignore them :smiley: Are you trying to say that some alliance families have influence with the devs? They should ask for better summon odds then :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming youā€™re joking when you wrote this, but just in case hereā€™s a link you may want to review. All of these ideas were suggested by and debated on by players in this forum. As you can see, theyā€™re now in the game.

Note: The list is a little out of date so some are still listed as coming soon or possibilities.

1 Like

I would say not so much ignore as consider in the context of the entire game and then decide NO. Most ideas put forward here are done so in isolation without really considering the impact on the game as a whole. Increase summoning odds ā€¦ ok what would happen then? Weā€™d have even more heroes on our bench without mats to level, leading to more frustration and requests to increase mat drop rates. Then weā€™d have a game where you max out in a few months and get bored and leave. Game balance is a very fine line and I personally think they have done a remarkable job here.

As I recall the number for available summon gate tokens was quickly re-added after player complaints.

2 Likes

Sorry - forgot to answer this. No, Iā€™m not saying that alliance families specifically have pull with the devs. Iā€™m saying that several players that are in alliance families made this request, the devs saw the benefit to the players affected, analyzed the cost vs work effort, and decided to make the change.

The devs read the suggestions put here by the players. Some are great and get implemented. Some are great but donā€™t get implemented due to time, cost, etc. Some are not-so-great and donā€™t get implemented. Itā€™s the nature of development. It doesnā€™t mean the players are ignored.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not saying an Alliance loyalty award is bad, I just donā€™t like the idea.

The perks of being in an Alliance are 1. Titans/titan loot, 2. Wars/war chests.

Iā€™m not advocating another perk to force people to stay somewhere if thatā€™s not their play style. If you want loyalty in your Alliance, create a better atmosphere. :man_shrugging:

I WOULD be on board with a loyalty bonus for playing, like lots of games have, but technically they have that already in Mystic Vision. Log on, watch the video, free rewards.

1 Like

Theyā€™ve just stepped out to assist with war setup, etc for an hour.

Nobody is stepping in for an hour, you really do not now what you are talking about.
Again the only reason family alliance come help each other is because a player left and they did not find a replacement for him.
In addition Family alliances are a minor minority and they should be taken into account.

ā€œActually, they do. The family alliances are the reason we can leave our alliance after war matching is done. As long as we return before the start of war we donā€™t get kicked out of war or lose war chest loot.ā€
Untrue, and lan487 is right - ā€œAlliance families are a player made thing, not a SG feature so I donā€™t imagine SG acknowledges their existence or consider them when making decisions.ā€
I do not know why you say they are apart of SG features.

ā€œMany go to another alliance in their family to help train or do war prep. No recruiting or finding ā€˜elseā€™ (sorry, not sure what you meant here). I know some do go out to recruit, but Iā€™m not sure how that is hurting their alliance. Theyā€™re trying to bring in more players and the player that left comes back to the alliance as well.ā€

What are you talking about? Have you ever being to a family alliance? that is not what is happening there

The bonus loot is not a game changer but it is an extra something that could keep players in the same alliance.
" In all these cases is having an ā€œincentiveā€ to stay going to make them stay?"
Exactly my point players would still leave if they are unhappy.

ā€œit can potentially lead to a toxic situation where a player should have left but didnā€™t because of the incentive to stay.ā€
How is it a toxic situation ? if the player is being toxic just kick him, if he hits the titan does war and being nice is not a toxic situation .

You obviously havenā€™t read the threads about alliance toxic situations then.

Anyway, if the issue is that you canā€™t keep members in your alliance maybe the problem is closer to home.

1 Like

Actually, all 100 top alliances have this problem.

Players are jumping from one alliance to the other like crazy.

1 Like

@Ygr it would be helpful if you would use quotes in your posts. It would be much less confusing, easier to read and easier to respond to. If your using a phone, you can quote by holding down on the part of text you want to quote, highlight the text, then select the ā€˜quoteā€™ option that pops up.

The quoted text appears like this:

Then, your can place your comment or response like this. Much easier to read.

My response to this isā€¦ YOU may not leave for an hour to help others but there are many that do.

This is true. You can leave your alliance after war matching has been made. As long as you return before the war starts you lose nothing and can participate in the war.

I never said families are an SG feature. I said some from alliance families requested a change and SG made that change.

Yes. Iā€™m in one now. I just donā€™t travel back and forth between them.

3 Likes

How is it a problem? They all seem to be there when needed for war.

1 Like

it would be helpful if you would use quotes in your posts. It would be much less confusing, easier to read and easier to respond to. If your using a phone, you can quote by holding down on the part of text you want to quote, highlight the text, then select the ā€˜quoteā€™ option that pops up.

I dont know how to do quotes, I am using a PCā€¦ does not look right to me

This is true. You can leave your alliance after war matching has been made. As long as you return before the war starts you lose nothing and can participate in the war.

It is not due to family alliance, it is due to players in general go to kill titans in other alliances in general.

I wonder just how many players actually do merc.

1 Like

I done it for like a day until a spot was open for meā€¦
But I can assure you family alliances do not go for an hour to other alliancesā€¦ even not for a few hours

This isnā€™t remotely true, and espousing it as fact is just wrong.

I, who am part of a family Alliance, left my Alliance yesterday before matchmaking to go help another Alliance with a rare Titan, and answer any questions about tips battling said Titan. I stayed for several hours, and then bounced back to my Alliance an hour before matchmaking set our war.

So you, as I said, are wrong. We do things like this regularly.

3 Likes

Here is one thread I found asking SG to change the war chest setup due to family alliances. There may be more. Iā€™m thinking maybe somewhere in the epic ā€˜War matching stinksā€™ thread that I have muted. :rofl:

Hereā€™s the release notes concerning the change. Just as a timeline FYI.

1 Like

Hahaā€¦ saying i"m am wrong because you do it does not make it you correct.

I was in 7D for 8 months and I have never seen it once,
What I did see is players come help for a couple of days, and they again by your logic those players should go back the their alliance with participation at 100%.

The OP is not from a family alliance, other people that are not from family alliance supported this changeā€¦
Kinda proved my point that this change was due to community request and not specifically by family alliances.