Alliance "loyalty" reward

A Lot of players jumping from one alliance to the other every other week, with frustrated a lot of people.
What if there will be a reward for staying in the same alliance for a long time.
Days in the same alliance:
14 days - food and Iron from from levels and rewards (missions, quests etc.) will have 0.5% increase
28 days - food and Iron from from levels and rewards (missions, quests etc.) will have additional 0.5% increase (total of 1%)
60 days - food and Iron from from levels and rewards (missions, quests etc.) will have additional 1% increase (total of 2%)
90 days - food and Iron from from levels and rewards (missions, quests etc.) will have additional 1% increase (total of 3%) and minimum gem reward will increase to 2
120 days - food and Iron from from levels and rewards (missions, quests etc.) will have additional 2% increase (total of 5%)
150 days - food and Iron from from levels and rewards (missions, quests etc.) will have additional 2% increase (total of 7%)
180 days - food and Iron from from levels and rewards (missions, quests etc.) will have additional 3% increase (total of 10%) and minimum gem reward will increase to 3

if you leave the alliance it will be reset…
Added - but if you return after 24 hours (or maybe the first reward with is 14 days) you will get to keep the reward and continu from when you left.

Or something like that…

I’m not opposed to this idea, though I thought one of the main reasons to stick with an alliance (aside from comradery and friendships and such) was war chest participation. Any player who is interested in being part of an active warring alliance is doing themselves a disservice every time they alliance hop.

But I’m certainly not going to say “no” to more loot! So I’ll give this a :+1:

7 Likes

Well the reward from war chests are not the best and you reset it every few weeks… so players do not mind jumping from one alliance to the other.

4 Likes

While it wouldn’t affect me, there are many family alliances that have players leaving and coming back regularly. These players are actually doing more for their alliance than I do for mine as they’re going to another alliance, helping with war setup, training, etc and then coming back home to be a productive member of their regular alliance. This change would actually punish them for doing the extra work.

Again, it wouldn’t negatively impact me, but for those that jump alliances to help I think this is a bad idea.

5 Likes

How would it punish them? It is the same as war chest
On the contrary, those alliance families (I cam from one) that does it will benefit from it, because there will be less rotation of players. The main reason players come to temp at other alliances is because a replacement is not found to the player that left.

This. They wouldn’t get the bonus of being a loyal alliance member. They aren’t leaving to leave… they’re leaving to help others in their family of alliances. Why should they be penalized for that?

2 Likes

My war chests have been pretty generous, compared to my other chests at least. But I see your point.

Not really an issue for me either way. My alliance is family. Most of us have been together for several months, and none of them have any plans of leaving. They’re all free to take a break from the game itself at any time, I only ask that they opt out of wars in the meantime. I’ll gladly reserve their “parking spot” until they decide to start playing again.

1 Like

I edited my reply
Those alliance families (I came from one) that does it will benefit from it, because there will be less rotation of players. The main reason players come to temp at other alliances is because a replacement is not found to the player that left.

And again it would not punish them… they just do not get the reward… it is like not doing a quest if you do not do it you are not getting punished

Since your suggestion is to add bonus loot, and you’re not suggesting taking loot away from anyone, I really don’t see how anyone is being punished here.

If I’ve worked at a company for 5 years and another employee has worked there for 10 years, and that employee gets a raise for “loyalty”, it’s not a “punishment” to me, unless my pay is being cut.

3 Likes

Alliance families are a player made thing, not a SG feature so I don’t imagine SG aknowledges their existence or consider them when making decisions. Alliance families have no impact what so ever in the game mechanics. They are simple player conventions. They are unable to help and support each other with resources or stuff like that except maybe rotate some members to get some more hits on a difficult titan. I always wonder how things would go if two family members were matched in war… or are they careful not to have close war scores?

1 Like

Good point
It happen alot in 7D - being matched with each other. nothing special going on beside the players know each other.

Guess I should have specified, when I said my alliance was family, I didn’t mean a family of alliances (I used to be a member of one of those). I only have one alliance, and we’re all together one family (either through direct blood relation or interpersonal relationships).

Though that’s not really relevant to the topic, so I’ll shut up now… :shushing_face:

1 Like

Seems a rather nice idea :slight_smile:
Like it a lot :+1:

2 Likes

I dont agree with you Suzanne for the reason they jump from one to the other Alliances either they are trying to recrutte or find their Else but helping ??? How is it a help when they leave and the alliance is Down one member??

This Will be the best Way for the alliance to keep their members . There are people who go to other alliance just to get ideas or impact Them negatively. We’ve had two of Them who tried but We Saw Them for who they really were and tree Them out

Since the bonus loot would be a game incentive they would miss out on the added loot. I understand it’s to entice players to stay in an alliance, but these players ARE staying. They’ve just stepped out to assist with war setup, etc for an hour. They’re back and don’t miss a titan hit or war. (Just an example as I know some also hit titans whilst they’re gone).

Actually, they do. The family alliances are the reason we can leave our alliance after war matching is done. As long as we return before the start of war we don’t get kicked out of war or lose war chest loot.

Many go to another alliance in their family to help train or do war prep. No recruiting or finding ‘else’ (sorry, not sure what you meant here). I know some do go out to recruit, but I’m not sure how that is hurting their alliance. They’re trying to bring in more players and the player that left comes back to the alliance as well.

1 Like

I recall watching a video where 7DD and 7DR were in a war. I imagine bragging rights in the family would be at stake.

2 Likes

What makes you say that?I’m pretty sure that is 100% true for any alliance, family or no family

There was a big discussion about this exact thing on the forums several months ago. Members of the family alliances were requesting the ability to leave after matching was done and return before the war started. Its my understanding it was also requested in beta for the same reason. The change was made at a point after that.

EDIT: I see you edited your question. Yes, it’s the same for everyone. My original post was to a statement that SG doesn’t recognize family alliances. I was giving an example of how SG has made a change specifically for that non-game structure.

1 Like

You need to ask yourself

“Why do people jump from one alliance to another all the time?”

1. They are not happy in the alliance they are in. It doesn’t match their requirements or meet their expectations, or they don’t meet the alliance’s expectations and get booted.

2. They are in a family of alliances and are jumping between alliances to help out other members of the family.

3. They are mercenary players seeking to hit titans.

4. They don’t really know what they are looking for in an alliance and are exploring what options are available.

Probably others …

In all these cases is having an “incentive” to stay going to make them stay? In the first case it can potentially lead to a toxic situation where a player should have left but didn’t because of the incentive to stay.

I would not want an alliance member staying in my alliance solely to get the extra loot available for doing so.

4 Likes

Cookie Settings