Alliance leadership should control the war "opt out" box, not the members MASTER

The issue here is how SGG defines “participate.” If you use one flag in a war, that is deemed full participation. It’s not. Full participation is using all six flags. There is already a system to give lesser loot for less than 100% participation, so it would be easy to count each unused flag as a reduction in the participation %. This change would great;y reduce the free-rider problem.

9 Likes

I already voted on this right when the thread started for a lot of reasons but now let me say this: I’ve been with my alliance since the day I started playing this game. I’m the highest level in the alliance but not the strongest (c2p). I Am however, heavily relied upon for Wars and Titans. I lost my phone a couple weeks ago, couldn’t log in anywhere else(I tried, password issues) but felt horribly guilty over it. I probably shouldn’t care that much but I do. I’ve been on 5-8 times a day for a year. If our leader could’ve opted me out, seeing I was inactive for days, she would have because they all knew something had happened. We have a little f.b. group too that I was noticeably absent from. If for no reason But weird stuff like that, this should be an option imo.

3 Likes

Not sure if it’s been suggested (I’m catching up on 180+ posts in one go) but how about these two ideas:

• Connect war participation to the role in the Alliance. Member = cannot participate; Elder = can participate, default off, has to opt-in; Co-Leader & up = default is in, have to opt-out.
    That way you can demote to switch off someone’s setting without other impact, plus because they stay as member each side can explain themselves.

• Second, would be good if either the war chest was personal like the other chests, or the progress was more granular, and progress was measured by how many flags you used. 6 flags = 6 steps of progress, 1 flag = only one step. That’s not debilitating but still incentivises.

9 Likes

Those are 2 separate things but I would like both of them. Anything that gives the leader an option, I’m good with. I like trying to give people more incentive to use all their flags, think that’s another thread though.

I like the suggestion of giving leader/co-leaders the option to opt out a player from war, along with the player having the option to opt back in/out.

We have players that opt for for business travel, or vacations, etc. and, while they notify us, we’re never quite sure if they’ve remembered to do it in time.

If I were planning a fabulous vacation I may forget myself to change that button.

It would just give an extra level of assurance that along with their notification, the actual button was pushed in time.

1 Like

I generally agree with you on that. How levee I would like to see leaders have the option to turn off war for those with “member” status only. Not for elders and above. I bring this up because when new members join you don’t know if they are going to be committed players. If they miss a Titan, the team can usually pick up the slack while the leadership deals with the issue. But if a new member doesn’t use their war flags, it can cost the whole team the battle. Nothing is worse than having a new member join right before matchmaking only to have them not use their flags and the team suffers a loss because of it.

This is great and a reasonable response if it where possible to set these rules in writting to be pinned as a popup allience rules next to the join this allience button. For the leader to write out rules.

It would certainly help leaders a great deal over the current method of having nothing and needing to explain 100 times over what the allience rules are and them leaving because they are not happy with those rules and then the repeating rules process starts all over again.

2 Likes

I really like this idea! It would be great if we could use the inbox to communicate with members in general. However, having a message sent to a player letting them know that they have been taken out of wars would be great. It would at least get their attention. Even if you couldn’t send messages back and forth, I think this would be useful.

I completely agree. Not everyone is bad and I think those that are get exposed quickly.
Giving the leadership the ability to opt a member out of war will be very useful. It would only be necessary in extreme cases. If a member was consistently missing wars and not opting out but was doing well with titans. Sometimes it’s a language barrier and the member simply doesn’t understand what you’re saying when you ask them to opt out. I also think that if a leader opts a member out that member should remain out until the leader checks the box. That will promote communication between the leader and the member if the member decides they do want to war. It would be a great tool to have for sure.

2 Likes

NO. That’s just way to much over the top.

Having a leader opt a player out isn’t about having power, it’s about doing the right thing by 30 other members by beeing able to remove those that don’t participate in wars and are just there for the rewards and also ( and this has happened to us) as we use the Line App as well and I was sent a message by a player because they where sent away and couldn’t access the game for a while but we couldn’t opt them out.

Now this person wanted to do the right thing but due to unforeseen circumstances couldn’t.

These are the situation that this concept is REQUIRED.

NOT for power.

4 Likes

Yes, you are right. I wasn’t meaning to give supreme power to the leader. I was thinking more along the lines of a member that consistently opts in for war but doesn’t show up. I agree though that the member should be able to opt themselves in for war. If there is an issue with participation then we can just boot the person.

A very frustrating thing I’m sure leads and co-leads deal with often, is no communication from some members. Many will make titan hits, but will not opt out of war when repeatedly asked, due to not having full participation. My suggestion is to allow for leaders and co-leaders to be able to opt out those who repeatedly are not being team players. Also for those who never communicate, but still help with titans.

2 Likes

You’ll find a lot of discussion on this topic here

@zephyr1

5 Likes

Merged, thanks! :heart_decoration:

This is a great idea.

-e

2 Likes

I understand your point. And it seems to be a good Idea. But in my alliance, I could get that all members can also understand that if they opted for participating , they must to play all shot. And if someone can not do it, it must to exclude from the warm. Right now, we don’t have problem within it… The key is the good communication among us.

But with your propose, I’m also afraid of the possibility of a misuse of that control. I think that should be the 2 options, one that the leaders control for the cases of connection problems of a member, and the other one, that each one can control his war enter as a responsible member.

In the meantime, if a player does not communicate or connect on time and there is a risk to be in the war, you can expel him and to warn him to return later (just in case you have communication with him outside of the game)

This is more about players who opt in, and then don’t use their flags. Not about strong-arming a player into participating.

2 Likes

Easy thing…rule is to use all flags. Players not following rules are kicked. Issue solved.

We have 2 players who recently have informed us that they will be out of contact for a good number of days. On on mission for a month and forgot to opt out. New member on a cruise forgot to opt out. Leadership control to opt the player out would have been nice! Booted the player on a mission and will cover the shorter vacation! Giving leadership options would solve 99% of the issues.

I agree. This is exactly the scenario I described in requesting the addition of this feature. People say they are going to opt out and right now my choices are to a) constantly remind them to actually hit the opt out button, and b) closely monitor our war score to see if they actually have.

It would just add an extra bit of protection if the leader could see that the player actually did opt out after giving notice, and being able to do it for them if they’ve forgotten.

Everyone understand that when you’re dealing with real-life issues or adventures, you’re even more unlikely to remember to do this!