Alliance leadership should control the war "opt out" box, not the members MASTER

Just to put an idea out there although it may have been brought up in the past.
How about a removal button on wars to enable leaders of alliances to remove a player from the war without having to kick them from the alliance ?
This would be especially useful for holidays etc if a player has forgotten to sign out ?
Prehaps the powers that be may consider looking into the idea, thoughts anyone ?

5 Likes

Its most likely mentioned before. But it is an awesome QoL improvement. Which wont make Sgg/zynga/ take 2, money so is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Over the last 3 or 4 years I have seen this idea mentioned many many times in the forum, line groups, Facebook etc etc.
Similar ideas have also been made to “punish” players that leave flags unused on the battlefield…
All such posts have never come to fruition and have fallen on deaf ears …
I very much doubt that SG would agree to have this programmed in - but good luck with your idea

1 Like

Estoy plenamente de acuerdo

:+1: 100% Agree, excellent idea

It’s a very sound idea, and rather obviously needed, but SGG clearly has no interest in implementing it. Too bad, because every alliance has lost wars because of a flaky member.

An alternative to this, the alliance leader/co-leaders should be able to see the list of participants before matchmaking, which would enable them to react in time, i.e., to kick the unwanted members before being screwed.

1 Like

As the leader of an alliance, this is not a bad idea. But I’m looking at the downside…some people would notice they got blocked out of the war and leave the alliance immediately. We require an explanation for missing flags but I can just see a lot of players fleeing when they were planning to get war hits and realizing they were shut out.

Cheers!

1 Like

I believe any responsible alliance leadership would have given precautions and/or warnings, with due rationale, prior to implementing the blocking process. If a member knowingly disobey instructions from leadership, I don’t think it’s healthy for the alliance to keep such member.

In the game Empires and puzzles can the leader of an alliance opt certain members out of the war. Like the ones that don’t show up but opted in for some reason?

There’s a handy “kick” button for just the occasion

3 Likes

That’s a great idea! But since it falls under QoL…it won’t happen lol

2 Likes

This idea / option has been muted many many times in the forum over the last few years.
It’s been discussed like forever with people for and against it. There is a “huge” thread about unused flags under W3K.
It has always fallen on deaf ears …
Although your idea has some merit, I doubt anything will be done about it.
Certainly nothing will be done in advance of the next W3K …
But at least the leadership team of a home alliance can use the “kick” button

1 Like

Unfortunately, kicking a player that has opted in already just makes them [ex-member].

1 Like

I assumed the OP meant opt out for next war, given it wouldn’t be possible to know if a player was to show up until the war has ended.

And even though it might sound handy to be able to opt someone out after matchmaking, I’m not sure any alliance leader should be given that kind of power.

Yeah, we had a similar problem… a player who did not use any flags but just kept opting in the war. Kicking them after matchmaking made them [ex-member]. I agree with them, i wish we had a way to make the player opt out of war before matchmaking so the alliance would not be at a disadvantage.

1 Like

would definitely be useful, esp. for cases when a player cannot log in to the game for some reason. ah well… at least if a player misses 2 wars in a row they will be auto-opted out.

2 Likes

If they missed two Wars in a row they will automatically be opted out? I did not know this that is interesting. Thank you

1 Like

Happy to share :slight_smile: that happened when an ally mate of us couldn’t log in for a while. Instead of kicking him, we just waited the two wars out (ended up winning one anyway haha)

Thanks guy’s for all the input, its about time S.G started to listen, i’m a leader of an alliance and find it very frustrating to have to kick a member that’s been around for a reasonable amount of time because they keep missing a few flags, or use all flags then leave 6, then use again, it’s ok for those that have rules of kick at first instance but the ally i run is more laid back with encouragement to be active, we fo draw the line.
Although the idea may not financially benefit SG straight away, if they look beyond the short term, they might realise that alliances that mould within themselves are more likely to spend to keep up with “the group”, thus producing a steady stream of income.
Listen or not its your choice SG, i’ve just had a new joiner of yet another alliance that has collasped, just think about it …:+1:

1 Like