Alliance leadership should control the war "opt out" box, not the members MASTER

Yeah, in a case like that, I as leader of my alliance would politely take said member aside and tell him…

“Hey, buddy, we like you, we really do. We understand that you’re very busy with real life stuff, and there’s nothing wrong with that. But you keep missing war hits on a regular basis, and we can’t have that. I think it would be best if you opted out of wars for now, until you’re ready to fully commit to participating in them.”

Then, if he refused… and repeated the same behavior in the next war… well, I’d have no choice but to kick him.

I really hate being put into that position in the first place though, which is why I try to thoroughly vet all of my members before allowing them in.

Should also note that warring is not mandatory in my alliance. Nor is hitting every titan. But those who voluntarily opt into wars are expected to fully participate in wars. We don’t have a draft, all warriors are there of their own volition. The second they clicked that “opt in” box, they agreed to use all 6 war hits to the best of their ability, and for maximum effectiveness, for the purpose of helping the alliance win, not for purposes of personal glory or lazily filling PoV requirements.

2 Likes

Agreed. We’ve had issues where a team member has phone issues and can’t get opted out before matchmaking, so we have to kick them or take the hit during war. If leaders and co-leaders had the option, we could opt them out without having to go through kicking them and also causing them to lose their participation credit toward war loot chest when the alliance reaches 25 pts. Not sure why we tend to.focus on possible abuses instead of the good it would do. Sure you’ll have bad apples, so when there’s multiple credible complaints, remove it from that alliance. I mean if we ban cats from anyone who drinks alcohol bc they might drive after drinking, we’d only have about 20% of the traffic we currently do, but only over a supposition. Same thing if you never leave your home bc you fear becoming a victim of a crime? Do you realize that you can also be a victim of a crime in your own home? Mr Spock would be extremely disappointed since the transgressions of the few dictate the freedom of the many!!!

2 Likes

Ok, SG you had 2 F years. DO IT!

1 Like

So many times as a Leader, players will go inactive without communication. Rather than kicking that play to improve our war performance allow us to remove a player from the war instead til we can properly communicate with that player.
Please incorporate this into the war system. This is badly needed.

2 Likes

Do you feel your idea is different from this:

3 Likes

Yes, I know that this has been around for quite some time.
Yes, SG will say it’s probably working as intended.
Yes, I know that the developers try to force players into wars, by auto-enabling the “participate in war” box when the player reaches level 12 and is in an alliance.
However, there are players, that DO NOT WANT to participate in wars.
No, I don’t think that punishing the whole Alliance for that one player is a good solution.
This is frustrating for everyone.
No, we don’t want to kick this player from the alliance, but we mights have to, since there is no other solution…

I’m talking about this:

This is the fourth time, this player is included in a war. Yes, the four times in a row we have fought with 6 flags less than our opponent. (I have only taken screenshots from the last two wars, because I thought that after two missed wars he would be excluded from war. However, this was not the case.)

SG, please change that. DO NOT auto-enable new players for war.

Or maybe, just a tiny maybe, enable clan leaders to exclude people from war…

1 Like

This happens sometimes it is not a bug the whole board is worth 1500 points on both sides. It is rare but it is possible to have one more/less player in war.

But having 8 players vs 7 players IS an unfair advantage, especially since the oponent has 6 MORE flags AND gains more points with each attack.
However, that is not really the point I trying to make.

There are players that DO NOT want to participate.
Please do not force them into doing something they don’t want.

1 Like

Kicking the player now will do nothing except show [ex-member] and you will still be down 6 flags, match-making is done.

If you can convince the player, they still have time to produce a defense. And perhaps attack.

After this was there is a box the player will need to uncheck not to participate in wars.

Yes, I know, that is the only way currently.

But not forcing new players to join in wars would actually prevent all that from happening.
The change is easy from a programming point of view.

My view is that, if this has happened in 4 wars already, you should have convinced your player to deploy his/her war defense, or for such player to untick war participation in the war page. It should have been as simple as that.

However, it appears based on the original post that there are some minimal communications, if any, between the player and the alliance leaders.

I may agree though that automatically enabling the player to join the war upon reaching level 12 shouldn’t be done by Small Giant, but hey, you have enough time to advise the player to untick war participation or deploy his/her war defense. Four times already this happening is a sign of leadership issues or poor communication amongst members.

4 Likes

they can not uncheck it until they do the tutorial and participate in one war … but if he’s been unwilling to make a defense team … and help at all I fail to see how he is a part of the alliance?

boot

4 Likes

I know it takes three wars for inactive players to be omitted from Alliance wars. I didn’t know that if a player refuses to complete the war tutorial, they will continue to be a blip on the battlefield. I thought they’d be excluded from war :thinking:. Puzzled.

@littleKAF (oops you’re on holiday), @Guvnor @Dudeious.Maximus can you shed any light on this?

4 Likes

We’ve asked for not defaulting in for 4 years. They are clearly not going to change it.

But, frankly, if someone is going to be such a jerk that they won’t do the incredibly minimal steps needed to disable war participation, then why are they still in the alliance?

Could this be better handled? Sure. But it’s not a bug. And I doubt it’s going to change.

Oh, and as long as the person is logging in they will NEVER be auto removed.

3 Likes

Right OK the two times not being active in a war will definitely kick people out the war. Not using any flags.

My feeling is the person in your alliance hasnt opt out of war. I actually don’t think you can skip the war tutorial as its programed in the game like getting at lvl 15 you can do quests.

Being this person hasn’t put a team into the war, maybe has caused a issue as they not put a team together to make the 2 times out clause.
Until they either put a team together or opt out,
You probably be stuck with this issue.

5 Likes

As a modest alliance leader, I don’t want this function. I’ve explained to my war participants that those who don’t use their flags allow for other teams to gain points without offsetting with their own participation. I then asked them to opt out, and they did. The kicking feature is your management tool for those who are not meeting the expectations of the alliance. That is power enough.

2 Likes

When a trusted member doesn’t log in for days, can an alliance leader be given the opportunity to opt that player out of wars please?
Thanks!

It’s been suggested often but at this point it’s not an available option. Kicking a member is the only way if they haven’t opted themselves out of war.

1 Like

How many votes does it take for something like this to be developed?

Can we please have the option for leaders and co-leaders to opt alliance members out of wars.
Would need to be an override which stops the member opting in until the leadership allowed them to opt in.

2 Likes

Would it be possible to make a change in war set up where the leader and co-leaders of an alliance could go in before matchmaking and see who is still signed up for war. We currently have a teammate who has Covid and hasn’t logged on since matchmaking of the last war. I don’t want to kick the member because of this but also don’t want to have the unused flags either. I am sure this has been mentioned before and probably recently, but this would be an outstanding feature for the leader and coleaders to have. The ability to uncheck a member from war without kicking them would allow for people being sick, people not being well suited for war, or any other matters that come up.
On a separate note, I would like recommend war jumpers have an identifiable marker to warn other alliances about who may be joining their team with no intention of staying put.
Again…pretty sure this has been covered but I would think there is enough outcry for it to be addressed.