Alliance Descriptions and Line IDs... Now Forbidden?

This is just absurd so everyone #use line id’s :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Lame.

Yet I’m still being forced to walk through steps for sharing on Facebook. Which is way more personal than line is.

15 Likes

Note that you can find someone on Line if you know what screen name they’re currently using. If they’re given your Line ID they could stalk you unless Line helps out. But otherwise you can just change your screen name to hide. So people could use a temporary screen name while recruiting.

Some people put weird characters in their Line screen name, making it especially difficult to find them without knowing Line ID. Just like some alliances put graphics or other stuff in their alliance name so they won’t show up in alliance searches.

Ok - I understand the private data stuff and the concern - but how can I now as a player apply to an alliance? I mean I see a nice alliance playing kind of high - they are 30 - how am i supposed to apply?
@Guvnor- did SG give any feedback to this? (funny one more Mod I knew without realizing)

I guess this small fix will makes life of our Top-Alliances - you might be the bigger spenders like hell - at least from their recruiters…
(and I guess this topix will make it to high rank…)

7 Likes

Maybe you should clean all global chats, maybe you should give us options to do rekru without line… just forbidden doesn’t make something or someone safe it just make it more complicated
The game ist already complicate enough

2 Likes

I find this decisions to be odd since you are not cracking down on Phone number being shared in alliance descriptions, atleast not from what i have seen on russian alliances that posts those frequently. Also as for alliance to be able to assess wether a player meets the requirements in the higher levels… The only way to fix that now is to do what has been done in swveral other games : When they apply to an alliance, it would grant the recruiter (2 or 3 in each alliance) the opportunity to view their keep, IE see hero roster, lvl of buildings, and so forth, without being able to make any change of course. That is the only solution i can see to that problem if you are strict on this. I know for sure we would not accept anyone without checking them out more then what is possible ig right now.

4 Likes

That won’t be possible anymore I guess unless you already know them and are on a waiting list :woman_shrugging:

Can you enlighten the community here why this is an issue?

Every major global brand in the world engages social media accounts and uses platforms to grow community and encourages community member engagment… Facebook literally built their whole business model on this.

Please note that every global brand ( Nike, Coca Cola, Red Bull, etc etc. ) wants to create a more seamless digital journey between platforms. Their audience connects with each other through social media accounts.

It seems like SGG can better map out the consumer user journey with social media platforms as part of your ecosystem. Possibly you may benefit from a digital strategist from an agency that services global brands to help. (I can recommend). Cheers.

14 Likes

One way I could see things working if you are adamant on keeping Line IDs out of alliance banners and public chats in the game would be to allow private messages on the forums. Then, recruiters could at least get in touch with people through the forums, and hand out Line IDs through PMs so that willing people could chat on Line to handle recruitment.

6 Likes

I think this is the most ridiculous Change since you made the blocklist useless.
without Line we have no Chance to check people
before they are entering our alliance.
And let me tell you that the only reason for me to keep playing ist the Community.
But the only way to communicate in a reasonable way is to use Line or discord. So what should i do ? Quit the Game ? That means NO more Money for SG :thinking:

8 Likes

And nobody will be able to build up a waitlist anymore (well maybe some good organized families…) - that’s gonna increase the gap.between top- and growing-alliances.

7 Likes

People have been requesting this pretty much since the start of the game and SG has always said no

1 Like

Disclaimer: We don’t use Line/Discord, and don’t want to. So this doesn’t affect our alliance directly.

But this seems like an odd rationale. Strangely targeted on one hand, and a little arbitrary on the other.

This forum has rules against sharing personal information as well, but every alliance with Line/Discord posts their IDs in the recruitment threads. People post email addresses here for various reasons. The member Bio function here even encourages us to share our real names.

And it is much, much easier to harvest info from this public forum than inside a game.

All of this together only leads to the suspicion that there’s some other reason for doing this and the “personal information” angle is just a convenient excuse.

but I’m a natural skeptic, so feel free to ignore.

However, one solution for alliances might be to just direct potential recruits to your recruiting thread here on the forum where they can get your Line ID and other specific requirements, and even chat a bit in the thread if needed. Not ideal I know, but a possible workaround.

22 Likes

Why would LINE ID be considered private?

We can control our account privacy … people can only see your ID and profile pic not private info.

And why would social media accounts like Instagram or facebook be considered private? Even celebrities and brands have accounts…

8 Likes

Quite possibly… it sure doesn’t Seem to make sense.

Hopefully they answer but so far they have never replied to any of my questions or posts lol.

One thing is for sure… alliance recruitment user journey has been broken and we may never get it addressed.

4 Likes

People set up their Line accounts to use exclusively FOR this game that we love so much. Why are you making it harder for us to enjoy your game? This rule is complete insane and goes against the way things have gone on for years. What a disaster.

8 Likes

I have a feeling this could in part be down to EU GDPR legislation and processing of identifiable data. Whilst from my reading of the regs (which is limited to the industry I work in, I am in no way a lawyer or expert in the field) this wouldnt be impacted I can understand the choice which has been made the fines being handed out in relation to gdpr are huge. Doesn’t stop it being annoying though…

1 Like

Hmm currently doesn’t effect us a ton right now and we’ve already been a bit in practice of workarounds but that’s by being on the leaderboard and randoms join everytime we have a spot so we exchange line ids in alliance chat then boot for the player we already have on our waitlist

That bein said, still not a fan of the idea of this new filter goin to this extent as i find it a bit excessive

If it’s not broke, don’t fix it. Alliances & players have been exchanging line & discord info in public chats & alliance descriptions for years, return that privilege then leave it the hell alone…

14 Likes

Honestly, I’m a bit confused over this filter, so alliance name and description filtered off, line ID info filtered,…correct?

So if I put line ID on the alliance description as advised by my dear @Guvnor, how would anyone get the name of the alliance correctly if it’s not typed out on the chat, talkless of now trying to search so as to see the info on the alliance description?

Frankly, I understand the premise of line ID being private,…but alliance name…? On the game chat? Sounds to me like it’s public to the game…just from the fact that they can easily be searched out and pretty much openly available via the search option…but you got to know what you are searching for right?

Well, at least let the alliance name and info not be filtered out.

But I guess, a work around, the recruiter can direct intended candidate towards the recruiters profile as usually done in the past, not sure if that is still applicable.

What is actually the problem with using my LineID in the alliance description? I can print my phonenumber on my car or use it in the header of my email or in LinkedIn. That‘s all concerning my privacy preferences.

Maybe it has to do with GDPR article 28.3 and article 32.1a, but that is not the users problem.

The LineIDs are important for recruiting. So I think, you should solve the problem. imao

7 Likes