Alliance Descriptions and Line IDs... Now Forbidden?

You’re in Saders? Lol
How can you say experiences in our alliance aren’t true if you’re not there?

I clearly talked about our experiences in Saders…

If other teams are struggling to recruit, have different experiences with waitlisters, randoms, etc i can’t say none of those things don’t happen cause I’m not there.

I just mentioned our experiences and questioned others…

For us, recruiting was never easier than being in the leaderboard. Your mileage may vary…apparently

I’m the recruiter for last regiment. We have no difficulties recruiting, but to think this doesnt complicate recruiting is foolish… your experience may change soon… cant wait to hear about it. @Rigs

1 Like

Never said it doesn’t…

You jumped into a discussion where someone mentioned “how hard it is to recruit at our level” which was coming from a top 100 alliance which i feel top 100 actually has an easier time with recruiting than non top 100(of course based on our experiences lol)

All i was pointing out

Didn’t say i agree with the change, didn’t say the change can’t complicate things, etc…

But since you mentioned it, idk the last time we had a line id in our alliance description. I used to keep it there awhile back(think it’s been at least 3 months) but then it just seemed like it was takin up space and was unnecessary so i removed it…

Hope that clears things up…

You’ll just have to go invite only before matchmaking/not accept anyone close to matchmaking and kick anyone who won’t talk to you before matchmaking. Definitely annoying.

We have a vision impaired player in our alliance too, she uses a reader to play but it doesn’t work with the in-game chat either. This basic compatibility issue could be bigger than others realize, thank you for bringing it up.

(Ps, if you’re the same Who Dat on YouTube,… [edit, it’s not, oops haha])

2 Likes

And many line id ‘s have nothing to do with a person’s actual name.

3 Likes
11 Likes

Since the forum is connected to the game… can we put our forum handle in the alliance description?

This might have been asked already… but stopped reading after like post 50 or something.

5 Likes

Should be within the rules in my opinion

@Petri, agreed with this. Banned line id same like SG not allowed using line as our communication tool.
But rethink about this, line maybe one tools that help new player learn to improve their knowledge, its help me a lot when I join in my alliance 1st time, they ask me to install line and teach me how to do decent damage for titan, war and lately event.
And line make me know my alliance member more closely and have a great time with them not only in game chat but more in our line group.
If Im not installed line, maybe Im already quit this game because playing it alone without bound with my alliance make this game so boring!

2 Likes

Again, Line isn’t banned… Can still post your line ID in non-public game chats (i.e. Alliance Featured Message & In Alliance Chat).

3 Likes

Yes Im know it, but it mean inconsistent rules right, if SG not banned the line why not allowed us share in global chat?

They’ve outlined their reason above.

1 Like

Thank u Gunvor for your patience to answer my reply, because it still not make sense in my mind.
SG filter it because private reason, but allow us post our line id in Forum, Facebook etc ( if Im not wrong understand that) and allow us share in our game chat and FM.
Thats contradiction in my mind like: Dad secretly gave me candies, but told me don’t tell to your mom or she will angry ( something like that) so how private become private if to connect in line we still need to share our line id, esp if we want Recuit new member ? We can’t wait till they accidentally join us in our alliance to know our line id right?
Thats why I wrote if SG not allowed us to share our line id same like they said don’t use it, that will make u share your private information.
( Oke thats what all I think about this change, thank u for hearing my confusion)

1 Like

Frankly speaking, if SG would like to limit posting LINE ID on public space, UPGRADE THE IN-GAME CHAT TO FACILITATE RECRUITMENT. The global alliance recruitment chat is non-sense, you cannot even have a chance to read it twice because everyone is flooding the chat room with messages…

Moreover, it force us to accept the join request first and force us to KICK he/she out if the qualification does not match… Isn’t it cruel… One-Join the chat, Two-Interview then Three-accept the recruitment.

Last but not least, support my mother tongue in the game chat, THAI.

PERIOD…

5 Likes

Let’s check, whether it’s April 1st again… D’oh, it’s not?! :crazy_face:

I am far from being a friend of this change. However, please provide us with any valuable feedback about the intention so we might understand why the heck this was necessary.
Secondly, please present any solution for alliances to communicate with new players that want to join an alliance that is completely filled. Alas, apply to an alliance :arrow_forward: let player in :arrow_forward: ask to speak via line/discord etc :arrow_forward: check whether player is acceptable and keep or kick is not a viable solution in my eyes. At least the timer for titan chest of that player is reset and hence a disadvantage.

Furthermore:

• what about alliance name equals line ID?
  • leader name equals line ID (might be an easy change :thinking:?

Finally, to standardize this from the very beginning: Do you expect us to open a support ticket for any line ID we spot in global/recruit chat/alliance description or should we use the ingame chat report function to inform SG about any violations? Which one would you prefer, @Petri?

4 Likes

Once again a perfect example of very poor communications from SG.
Why the hell has this not been announces properly? This affects a lot of alliances and those who cannot adjust the alliance banner anymore are most hard struck.
Yes there was some sort of anouncement (in April) and now this comes up thru the community and not by SG.

@petri, when are you going to learn that communication to the players that spend money on your game, your customers (!), is a must???

3 Likes

From my understanding, we shouldn’t have to do that anymore as the new automatic filter is supposed to automatically detect that sorta thing in public chat and updated alliance descriptions

I could be wrong though, see what he says…

1 Like

Would be nice to be able to include a clickable forum link in alliance info(not alliance description… but it’s own little separate clickable area within the alliance headers)

Would bring more players to the forum
Would free up more space in alliance descriptions
Would be a static way to recruit and explain requirements without using multiple paragraphs in alliance recruitment

Etc etc

Simple: checkbox for forum link or no forum link, allow copy/paste of forum link, filter can check links for “forum.smallgiantgames.comblahblah” to avoid non forum related links…

8 Likes

One has to appreciate the filtering/punishment of sharing Line IDs overlayed with the #PlayApartTogether campaign.

12 Likes