Alliance Communication Features - Please add your comments & ideas here!

We already have a line group but still not everyone wants to join

For our group, and maybe ten thousand others, it would be helpful to flag or warn a specific member instead of going all the way through and kick them out. Get their attention. I believe a lot of people do not read the posts, simply shutting it off when they start. If they continually ignore a warning it would be much easier to know who to give the boot to.

1 Like

I agree with the ideas regarding messaging, but in the absence of any change to the game here is an idea we use in our alliance to draw attention to leader messages.

We reserve the colour yellow [#fff000] for Leader messages (letting Titan go, urge people on etc.). It means that it is easy to scroll quickly up the chat and separate the important messages from the chatter.

A work around I know, but maybe one that others might find useful in their alliance.

How do you change the color of the message?

In chat you put [#xxxxxx] in front of the message, where xxxxxx is the 6 figure hexadecimal code for the desired color. Various sites exist with lists of color codes or the means to find codes graphically.

1 Like

How do you change alliance war from enemy’s attack to aid

You can’t. It’s fixed at the time of matchmaking, and it’s the same for both sides

1 Like

How about the ability to have a pop up message when your alliance team logs in? If an alliance is chatty, messages disappear before everyone has a chance to read…if they even read chat. Leadership could post important war/titan information. The alliance banner is open to everyone…not everyone needs to read about specific alliance information.

1 Like

If you want a way to improve chat among the community, I highly recommend you to go on Final Fantasy XV game on a device and look at how they developed their feature. Many languages apart can easily communicate and they are helped by the community to improve translation accuracy. You have many useful chat interface and many features of it might be of interest for this game. I am giving this game as an example because most of it is based on communication and it is a chat topic.
Some part of Final fantasy XV might also inspire you for numerous idea on how to improve your game. I hope this message could help you in your developement.

Thanks for the suggestions. :slight_smile:

What if the alliance leader could check and uncheck members for war, this way if someone is MIA/life/never participates and never responds them the alliance will not be punished and would not have to kick out the member.

2 Likes

Currently, is someone misses 2 consecutive wars then they will be automatically opted out of wars. If you want to continue with a discussion for this idea, please create a new thread, as the idea is off topic for this one.

1 Like

I’d like to see a red line indicating where new messages start. The game already knows how many messages are new since I last looked. Just put a line there indicating where the new messages start. Currently I have to scroll up 50+ messages and then figure out where I left off. A line would let me scroll right to it and continue. A tap taking me there would be an even more welcome feature. My group talks a lot, especially during wars, so I see this feature as an easy add to the game and it would be most welcome.

3 Likes

in the case of adding new messages to make a line proposed above, and do not scroll down the page, and leave at the beginning of new messages (as implemented, for example, in the messenger votsap)

Small but useful improvements of an Alliance chat:

1. Embed a table of smilies so that code could be copy/pasted into a text box rather typing in manually.
  2. Add a context menu “Reply to” each alliance member in an alliance list, so that his/her nick is placed into a text editor. Some nicks are quite long or use characters not available at your keyboard layout, so it is not easy to address a person correctly.
  3. Handle web links. It is often required to refer to a forum topic, but it is impossible in a chat.

It would be great if a leader and co-leaders could sent player messages using Inbox. Chat might be turned off and player becomes not reachable, while Inbox is always there.

1 Like

Kia Ora Coppersky, I couldnt see any previous posts regarding my suggestion and I wanted to know or you think it worthadding to the pile.
I would like to have a room chat bot that we can programe with our Alliance rules that will put itself into the face of new members. Our Alliance is created to foster new players for a sister alliance and I have fears that a lot of new players don’t know how to chat, perhaps don’t speak our language or for other reasons dont fully partivipate

For me (already having made sure my avatar is different from others), I scroll back looking for the first instance of MY avatar (the 50th one back).

Unless/until something changes, may this help you. :slight_smile:

That is something I can try. But that only works when I have chatted or said something. Many times I catch up on the chats and then go do something. When I come back, I need to catch up again but I don’t know how far back is 36 messages. I usually go back much farther and the reread.

This forum has the feature and it works great. They know how many messages are unread, why not put a line there or scroll me to that spot so I can read where I left off?

1 Like

Сделать возможным обмен ресурсами и героями между членпми альянса.

I’ll do a translation, if you don’t mind:

Make it possible a resource and heroes exchange between alliance members.

I think, it is a subject for a separate topic.