All New Raid Index with Updated Heroes🏆 August 2020 - Thoughts & Discussion

It’s been explained

She’s been used in a smaller sample set of attacks than other reds

Therefore not unimaginable for her to have a higher win rate even with less wins due to being involved in less attacks

600/1000 is a lower win % than 70/100 for example

While it is good to know that these heroes have performed well, it’s important to realize that it is highly dependent on who else is on the team.

I think defense victories has more to do with the tank and overall team synergy than the occurrence of each individual hero. For example, if you just had a team with Jabber, Finley, Killhare, White Rabbit, and Vela, you wouldn’t necessarily have the highest defense win rate.

The same thing goes for the top attacking heroes. It depends on who else is on the attack team. If you just put C.Magni, C.Kadlien, C.Sartana, G.Gazelle, and Lady Loki on a team, it wouldn’t necessarily be a high victory percentage attack team.

3 Likes

What was the criteria used to choose these heroes? Without knowing the criteria used, it is almost impossible to give an opinion on this list, which seems to me meaningless.

3 Likes

@KiraSG please explain to us what criteria were used to create this rating? :pray:

Exactly Lady Loki is released recently and very few people got her. I don’t know on what basis they have given this index

There’s your criteria guys…

@ArktikaTF @Dessertrose @Kenzo361

A win rate or win ratio is number of wins divided by total attempts

So newer or less common heroes who aren’t used as much, have a smaller total, therefore bit easier to have a higher win rate

490 wins out of 1000 attacks will have a lower winrate than 30 wins out of 50 attacks for example

Idk the exact figures of each of those heroes, just given you an example of how some of the more commonly see heroes didn’t make the cut and other heroes that are pretty new or have smaller data samples did make the cut

4 Likes

I like this, thank you! Think we could get longer lists in the future?

1 Like

this data is such rubbish, its not enough to have a win rate without a minimum raids number as well.

Would like to see the rankings for heroes that were in over 10k raids, over 100k raids and over 1M raids for the period. Not just in 100 raids… Loki?? give me a break

2 Likes

Quite surprise to find Vela there.

Usually it’s all super expensive hard hero to get lol.
As it’s result of not everybody has it on defense or offense. Then the % is getting higher.
Not like our common HOTM

Heavy spenders are more likely to have the special event heroes that are great in the current defensive meta.

Thus, the special event heroes are more likely to have:

1. +18 emblems or more
  2. Great allies to accompany them (GTV)
  3. High level troops

Not surprising to see Finley and the ever-resistant-to-debuffs Jabberwock on there for defense.

2 Likes

How is no one discussing the most important piece of information disclosed in this raid index!?!?!?

Well we pulled out our slide rulers and abacuses - crunched the Raid numbers from May 2020 through July 2020 and…

SGG is using Slide rulers and abacuses to number crunch for this game…no wonder they have some egregiously different data and information from what the players are reporting in Beta or in live game from actual gameplay…

Might I suggest you at least upgrade to this:

I cannot believe everyone missed this…

19 Likes

:sweat_smile: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I feel like this might get more answers as it’s own thread? idk, a lot of players have ideas about this that I’ve seen shared over time in other places but it doesn’t seem to be getting much input here.

I guess for me, these game-wide stats are interesting but don’t have much “use” (for lack of a better term) to me or my alliance. Pretty much all premium heroes, mostly just dream fodder for FTP/CTP. I like to see them just for interest’s sake, but alliance-specific stats would be more meaningful to us. Really, any numbers you could run per titan, per war, per war chest, per week, whatever could be very helpful.

For example, some I do by hand:

• Total flags per titan
  • Average flags per dead titan, overall and by color, monthly (weekly would be better)
  • Average damage per flag, per titan
  • Average damage per flag, monthly (or weekly), overall and by color
  • Total kills and kill percent, monthly (or weekly), overall and by color (maybe by titan star level)
  • Kill threshold
  • Average HP of killed titans, monthly (or weekly)

This is just some of the stuff I do for titans, we have another member doing similar pencilwork for wars. Just about any condensed data you could give us would make the whole thing easier.

2 Likes

Yes please. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I would like to see top 10 total numbers of victorious raid defenses in diamond. I expect something like 5 billion Telluria, 3b Vela, 3b Gravemaker, and any others way below.

Omg, the data they must have would be paradise for any statistician!

1 Like

I’ll be honest, my first reaction was that this is just a bone thrown to the community to redirect the discussion from the down time issues and unhappiness with the 20 challenge coins worth of feeder heroes. While the topic is of interest, the data is churned in a way to be irrelevant/ of little use to the average player while simultaneously making a pitch to spend money for special heroes. Also, ‘look Telly is not there, it’s all fine now’ … :roll_eyes:

That said, of course we would like to see interesting data. But there has to be a balance between ‘celeb-watching’ data and actually helpful data.

Helpful data would not be data relating raid defences of top 100 players. We can see that already. I’d like to see a better analysis of how heroes from different seasons stack up against each other. Whether costumes have increased the usage of certain heroes, and if yes, which ones. Which heroes are used more at ascension item walls - 3/70 for 5s or 3/60 for 4s. Which are the top attack or defense heroes for various forms of raid tournaments? I’d like to see hero counter data - which are the most common heroes taken to against a certain tank? Which are the most commonly emblemed heroes? Which are the heroes which have a high success rate or use age even when partly levelled or unemblemed? What is an average winning score for an alliance war (30 participants, 25, 20, 15 or lower)? Other data that will help people decide which hero to level or emblem or field in certain formats.

Celeb watching data is entertaining for a while, but doesn’t really help our gameplay. On the other hand, if it’s just to divert attention from the general sense of gloom in the community … I really have nothing to say to that.

10 Likes

Like the raid index, would live it more with % win rate and total of number of raids per hero listed.

If a hero is used just once in a diamond tier raid and that raid is won would the 100% rate get them included?

Now I just need to make sure no one else uses Derek in diamond tier for the next 3 months

1 Like

Metrics I would like to see for for each defense

Gross trophies ( sum of trophy ranks for defenses using the hero, one entry per bout )

Example

If 5x defenses -

Player A 2000,
Player A 2000,
Player A 2100,
Player B 2100,
Player C 2200 -

use Hero X then Gross trophies is 10,400 .

Bout Usage ( total number of bouts using a hero )

Example
If 5x bouts then Bout Usage is 5.

Average trophies ( Gross trophies divided by Bout Usage )

Example
10,400 / 5 = 2,080 Average trophies.

Number of rerolls ( total number of times attacker rerolled when matched with defense instead of using an energy to attack )

Number of retries ( total number of times attacker used 1+ rematches against the defense ).

Even better, the above broken into win/ lose/ tie.

Then same numbers for attacking heroes.

The infographic could use Average trophies with a table listing the remaining information.

5 Likes

Curious, but kinda useless like this.
The very moment Telluria wasn’t there in defence, it cease any significant meaning for all the rest.

All the data are not reliable, or the calculation have wrong basis.

But ok, it is still source of good discussions and i’m not against it.

Just… i don’t take it so seriously.

1 Like

I was thinking, this explains why the database crashed yesterday. Someone was trying to get all this information put together and must have started a fire in the server room with all that sliding.

5 Likes