All about the players (June 2021)

Awesome thread @SamMe , wonder why I didn’t stumble upon it sooner :thinking:. Thank you @Theo87 for restarting the discussion…

• When did you start playing? What is your level?
    January 2019, now Level 85.

• Who is your avatar? Do you rotate your avatar?
    I rotate my avatar when I get a new one from the map missions. Yes, I’m that player :wink:.

• Who is your favourite 3*? Why?
    My favourite at the moment is Treevil. Especially fighting yellow titans and vfast 3* tournaments - although He’s also my least favourite when there are multiple Treevils :scream:.

• Who is your favourite 4*? Why?
    Costume Rigard. I have 4x levelled and I use them all in war. My only 5* healer is regular Vivica, and at slow I prefer to use Gully. Close 2nd is Proteus - his blocking mana & poison is awesome!

• Who is your favourite 5*? Why?
    Pengi - who doesn’t love being attacked by hundreds of :fish: & frost damage - yvw :joy:

• What do you enjoy most about the game?
    The fantastic people that I’ve met on my E&P journey for sure that I now count as friends! #blessed

• What is your happiest/funniest memory in the game?
    New to the game, there was a pause at the summons gate and I genuinely thought I’d broken it… Onatel emerged, my first 5* hero. Elated beyond measure.

• Show me your top 5 favourite heroes

I have Seshat, Ursena & CJoon with maxed emblems, but I like this defense atm

• What is the single biggest thing you’d like to see happen in the game?**
    More opportunities for players to get free EHTs. The seasonal event calendar, free stuff - yes I appreciate harpoons, but why not a couple of free EHTs instead? It will probably be a Dawa or Bane, but you’ve got to be hopeful :crossed_fingers:.
6 Likes

So many people mentioning Onatel as their first or favorite 5* I love that for us :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

So @Theo87 is the reason I get likes for posts that are 10 months old. :rofl:

Maybe an update would make sense? :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m such.a slacker…

Better late than never :woman_shrugging::heavy_heart_exclamation:

Great idea … :wink:

2 Likes

this topic deserves a bump up, thanks for doing so @Theo87 and @Sarah2 !

and of course kudos to @SamMe for actually starting this thread!

@Theo87 Kvasir and Ametrine are both awesome! and - as a non-spender - I can still vividly remember many of my best hero pulls (e.g., I was at the bus station in Bordeaux when I pulled Proteus…)

@Sarah2 Pengi is one of the heroes I would love to have, and generally hate to face lol! and it would be so nice if we could get more free EHTs… Mother North for example is still the 5* resurrector that I am most likely to get, haha

4 Likes

Or both! I was really happy to see two other fellow members of the “Onatel was my first five-star” club this morning. The fact that she’s still so relevant shows that she is a wonderfully designed hero. I remember on release that reviews on her were all over the map, which may be a sign of balance in and of itself. Would that more heroes had this kind of thoughtful design rather than just being the next iteration of a must-have “I win” button for the big spenders.

Thanks for sharing, @Theo87 and @Sarah2 . We Onatel fans know who the queen of E&P is.

5 Likes

Geez only took me ten months to stumble on this …

1. I started playing late Feb 2018. Joined the forum November of that year. I am currently level 73. Not as dedicated as some.

2. Avatar is Graymane. Never changes. My in-game name is Shardik. At first glance I thought Graymane was a bear.

3. Favourite 3* is currently Grevle. Love the overheal. Close second is Kvasir. That could change soon since I just pulled Treevil. For a long time my favourite 3* was Tyrum.

4. Favourite 4* hands down is BT. He was my tank up to high platinum/low diamond. Still used constantly as my only red healer. I have three maxed, two emblemed and LB.

5. Favourite 5* is Ariel. I use her everywhere. Close second is C.Elena.

Hmmm, a noticeable healer theme is emerging.

1. What I enjoy most about the game is team buildings.

2. Funniest memory was when I noticed my titan kills was triple my raid wins. Early in the game I was not a fan of raiding. I learned to raid by learning to war.

3. Top five … (edit: pic added) Ariel / C.Elena / Athena / Domitia / Malosi

LOL I just noticed spellcheck changed Malosi to Mafiosi

Note, these are my top five favourites but I would likely never use this as a team.

1. Single biggest thing? Wow that is a tough one. Maybe a pity timer on summons? Something like 200 pulls or so. That or slow down the power creep. I am rerolling a lot more lately with all the S4 and Knights heroes.
6 Likes
  1. When did you start playing? What is your level?
    Started about May’19, actually level 84.

2. Who is your avatar? Do you rotate your avatar?
    Jean-Luc, I haven’t changed it since I obtained, but I’m looking for Hades’ one :slight_smile:

3. Who is your favourite 3*? Why?
    I think Maeve, damage and DD are pretty good.

4. Who is your favourite 4*? Why?
    I should go with Cillian, is one of my most used ones, and with Saoirse both of them are letal.

5. Who is your favourite 5*? Why?
    Lady of the Lake, a beast at defense, and allows you to control most of the events with her naughty swords.

6. What do you enjoy most about the game?
    The thing i most enjoy about the game are the events where you have to use different heroes, the more, the better.

7. What is your happiest/funniest memory in the game?
    I think when i obtained LOTL.

8. Show me your top 5 favourite heroes.
    Captura de pantalla 2022-04-27 134523

9. What is the single biggest thing you’d like to see happen in the game?
    A battle tipe or event with “infinite” waves, where you begin with 5 heroes, and when one of them falls, you have to replace it with any other of your roster, until you have no more heroes to choose and it finishes.
    It could have rankings, as other events, based on the number of waves, the time invested, etc., with loots according to your final position. It could be fine to have 3 tries for event, for example.
    To do it fair, there could be several rankings depending on the number of heroes you were going to use (choosing before the start of the event if you participate with 30, 40, 50, etc.).
    Enemies could be simple at first in all waves, from one point start to include heroes in the center flanked by simple enemies, and from another point, a random combination of heroes, increasing the difficulty with each new wave.

6 Likes

Zulag among your favorite heroes? That makes me happy! I have her and really want to like her, but so far, I’ve only found limited use for her. Would love to know how you use her. (Pinging @Muchacho , who may also be interested in this.)

2 Likes

Are you kidding? Zulag is a monster in defense teams, but also in tournaments, raids and wars. Paired with two good heroes, many times I don’t care about the other two members of the team.

I actually have her in defense team in reverse V (Krampus, Zulag, Finley, Lady of the Lake, Elizabeth) and stay always about 2600 cups, many times without receiving attacks, and there are 3 no damage heroes!!

When I use her in tournaments, raids and wars, I put two decisive heroes flanking her (habitually killers, but not always), and usually other two heroes than can heal themselves: Leonidas, assassins, and any other you can have, but also ones with high defense & live. If you put another healer in addition to her and the three damagers are good, you have it done.

As a plus, if you have another HOTM of her family, the healing bonus increases, and the elemental link applies to all members, so it’s a point better. I have Malosi and Bai Yeong, so i often attack with these two flanking her, Leonidas and other different hero according to the enemy’s team, but there are many combinations that work with her.

I don’t know if this info is useful to you and @Muchacho , but I hope so :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Great and interesting write-up. Thank you. One day, I will have emblems for her, and I will have to try some of these strategies. I do have Krampus, but not the others on your defense.

Oh, I haven’t noticed this topic before, so here you go!

1. When did you start playing? What is your level?
    I created my account on May 2019, but I was super inactive for months and had really no plans to play this game after certain point (I found the game through other App where this was advertised, if I played the game to a certain level, probably like 10-20 I would get credits for that App). I didn’t uninstall this from my phone though and logged in every now and then to upgrade buildings. In January 2020 I finally joined my first ever alliance, I remember I had heroes such as Olaf and Brogan in my defense team so I was super noob. I kept low profile there for the first couple of months too with very little progress, until one day maybe in March I started being more active in the alliance chat, when I noticed people there are chatting to each other. So I tend to think that was the day when I actually started playing the game and become more and more active. I was also F2P till March 2020, when I bought the first ever PoV and VIP (the PoV purchase was totally not worth it, I think I got to level 30-40 only :D) and kept my budget in that 10-20 € range till the start of 2021, when I turned more P2P player.
    Fastforward to May 2022, my player level is now 80, 80% to 81.

2. Who is your avatar? Do you rotate your avatar?
    I’ve had Clarissa avatar ever since it was available from PoV rewards. I tried Malicna avatar once for a couple of days, but I’m just too fond with my Clarissa avatar, I just don’t see any other avatar fitting to me anymore :smiley: So no, I don’t rotate avatars. I tried Malicna because I like JRPG games and she reminds me from those, and her colours are so cool.

3. Who is your favourite 3*? Why?
    Hmm. I don’t think I’ve ever really had favourite 3* hero, I just don’t enjoy 3* tournaments and challenges enough. Maybe Maeve then, I really like the Slayer family passive and stack and she hits very hard to 3 and gives that hefty -44% defense down aswell.

4. Who is your favourite 4*? Why?
    This is tougher. 4* heroes I really enjoy, because they can be used so flexibly almost everywhere, except for 3* tournaments and challenges (I mean they can compete against 5*s), so I have to say Mist. Her special is just so awesome, hit 3, block them from adding buffs, -def against specials and huge -64% mana generation, and she is fast! Only downside with her is that she is rather squishy, but I still use her almost every war against those 5k+ teams, especially if they have heroes such as Ludwig and other taunters, counter attackers etc.

5. Who is your favourite 5*? Why?
    This could change in near future, when I’ve finished my Lord Loki, but as of now my favourite 5* hero is Devana. Hit 3, dispell, very good elemental link and the best part, her sturdy minion that 1-shots other minions! I’ve had many battles where she’s survived alone from 3-1 situations etc. like a Tyr. I’m so tempted to max another one of her, as I luckily pulled 2 when she was featured.

6. What do you enjoy most about the game?
    I think anything that has to do with raiding. Especially wars, regular raids sometimes get to my nerves (mostly because of raid formations, especially reverse), and tournaments have those 3* tournaments which I dont enjoy. Very fast wars and tournaments are my favourite ones out of them all. Yeah, sometimes I score a big fat 0 and those defenses with Alfrike+2 resurrectors are pretty much a lottery, but I just enjoy that every single hero charges in 6 tiles (with troops), every slower hero becomes so fun and the battles are so different in vf compared to any other.

7. What is your happiest/funniest memory in the game?
    I think it is when I pulled Miki from Tavern of Legends. Wu Kong was my only titan booster at that time, not that I hated him, but I envied everyone who had Miki, because I thought there’s no way I’ll ever be a happy ‘owner’ of her, and I wanted to do as good as others on titans and Mythic Titans, who were lucky enough to have her. Or Tarlak. Or Guardian Gazelle. Not Ranvir, I think he is just worse than Wu :smiley: But I never expected to get her from ToL, I mean knowing the chances of pulling specifically her from there. But there she was, the only HotM I’ve gotten from that portal. And now I have even 2 of her, other one coming from HA10!

8. Show me your top 5 favourite heroes

I left Devana out because I already mentioned her. Prof is my #1 healer easily, cKadilen’s dodge is just so awesome both on offense&defense, Hulda is an absolute tank on offense, on defense I haven’t faced her enough yet and when I do, I use Grimble so she becomes a tile dummy. Grimble for that reason, facing minion heavy teams is just so much fun when you have him! And Cristobal, he destroys everything aand when you stack green 3-2 usually it’s enough that you land 5-6 tiles on a hero and use Cristobal’s first charge, he snipes that out then.

9. What is the single biggest thing you’d like to see happen in the game?
    Hmm. This is tough… I would love that they at SGG would return to what they were when this game had actual updates. I mean, to me new challenge events, towers and seasons are just copy pastes of each other, and a excuse to add more and more OP heroes into the game, making older heroes obsolete in a matter of time. It’s been now what, 2 years since we had new buildings? Theres hardly any QoL updates anymore. Sorry if this was inappropriate, but I just like this game so much, and I see there’s still so much potential in this to be even better.

7 Likes

Question: Are we allowed to post updated info now? Over time, some players could have different favorites

2 Likes

Of course. Thanks for your question @Photon. :smile:

2 Likes

When did you start playing? What is your level? - Started In August 2018 and now level 82. For a few months in the beginning I grinded low levels like crazy, so I didn’t level very quickly, but I found out later that I had unwittingly gathered tons of mats and low level troops. Now I don’t use my WE as efficiently anymore.

Who is your avatar? Do you rotate your avatar? - Generally I use Sabina, but now, for example, our entire Alliance is using Squirrel avatars. If we get a 0 in war, some of us pay penance by wearing the Friar Tuck avatars until the next war starts. :tired_face:

Who is your favourite 3? Why?** - Pixie is my favourite for her mana control. :woman_playing_handball:
Who is your favourite 4? Why?** - cSabina is my favourite now, but WuKong is still my only damage amplifier, and he has served through thick and thin, so he holds a special place. (also I pair him up with Pengi/Frosth in Tower events because massive overkill is what games are all about :P) :woman_mage:
Who is your favourite 5? Why?* - Ariel. I managed to get her early on in the game and I take her everywhere. :merman:

What do you enjoy most about the game? - I love raiding, I think I just ticked over 19k raid wins, but War is my favourite. Cheering on alliance mates, win or lose, and trying to get that perfect 6/6 every time. :crossed_swords:

What is your happiest/funniest memory in the game? - The time that one of our Alliance mates was beaten by a player called Balls McLongcock (I’m wondering if the forum is going to auto-fell… auto-censor that). She was absolutely mortified and much hilarity ensued every time she was reminded of it. Also the time that one of proudest F2P players let his child hold his phone and promptly spent all of his saved up gems on avatars and pins. ><

Show me your top 5 favourite heroes

What is the single biggest thing you’d like to see happen in the game?
War spectator mode, where we can view the live battles of alliance members during war.

7 Likes

nice! it’s so cool to get a key hero early in the game and take them anywhere eh :slight_smile:

thanks for bumping this thread up!

3 Likes

I would like to belatedly thank every single one of you who made the time to answer my questions. Thank you kindly for your effort!

Also, due to the number of replies, as much as I’d like to, unfortunately I can’t reply to everyone. :sweat_smile:

A year has now passed since my OP. I would like to invite everyone to post an updated version of their answers. Thank you again for the idea @Photon!

Note: Since I’ve got a lot of questions, feel free to divide up your updated answers into a few posts. :wink: I will probably update mine that way.

I hope everyone has been keeping safe during this ongoing pandemic. I think it is more important than ever to be kind and empathetic to each other. :heart:

Happy gaming everyone!

7 Likes

Always out of Likes when I need it.

So

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

It happens too frequently. :sweat_smile:

Thank you for your post. I appreciate you @Gwniver! :heart:

2 Likes