All about the players (June 2021)

what a nice positive thread! and I am enjoying reading your answers @SamMe and @yoyotje it’s a good reminder on finding joy in this game :slight_smile:

For me:

1. When did you start playing? What is your level?

August 2018, so nearly 3 years ago. Currently level 78.

1. Who is your avatar? Do you rotate your avatar?

Jack O’Hare! I like bunnies, used to have some as a kid, and in the Chinese Zodiac I am the Year of the Rabbit. Green is also my fave color. So a Green-themed bunny? Yes! I also like his smirk, it’s similar to my personality :stuck_out_tongue: So yes, Jack is my spirit animal.

No, even though I completed most avatar missions, I don’t change my avatar… I’m just a completionist. I like checking things off lists :wink:

1. Who is your favourite 3*? Why?

Tough one. I’d have to say Kvasir, because once I put him on my farming team things became way easier. I can autoplay with ease through most typical farming stages (e.g. S1 7-4), and even if the AI is stupid, once Kvasir’s minions are summoned they easily plow through the enemy…

Runner-up is C-Renfeld (I love using him vs. triple challenge event or ToL bosses!) Honorable mention Pixie, I love mana control :wink:

1. Who is your favourite 4*? Why?

Proteus, Proteus, Proteus. He was only my second 4* ever, but he elevated my game. I’m so lucky, I got him early - 3 months into the game, November 2018. I was at the bus station in Bordeaux then, just arrived from Paris… and boom, Proteus popped up. I read his special and immediately knew I had struck GOLD. He’s been a staple ever since. Even now that I run mono, and have Hansel as an alternate mana controller, Proteus is still a key part of my squad.

He’s so amazing that we’ve brought him to life on the When Suddenly thread, as part of a comedy duo with Hu Tao!

1. Who is your favourite 5*? Why?

Seshat, hands down. Though not my first 5* (she was my 6th), she made a splash (and she had some tough competition, before her I ascended Master Lepus, Inari and Margaret, all of whom were useful on my offense… but Seshat was useful both on offense AND defense. (I also got Aegir and Aeron before Seshat, but both were only ascended after).

Seshat’s snipe, dispel, and especially her replicating minions are the #1 reason she elevated my game more than the others. She was, and still is, often the last hero standing on my team; she’s beat opponents 3 vs. 1 (I remember once, she murdered enemy Alberich, Alasie and Gravemaker all by herself; another time Kadilen, Anzogh and Li Xiu as they could not do enough damage to break through her minions…) Even until now, if I had to choose 1-1, I would bring her over any of my other snipers.

1. What do you enjoy most about the game?

My alliance. They’re a lovely, lovely bunch, always funny and supportive. They are the main #1 thing keeping me in the game.

1. What is your happiest/funniest memory in the game?

I once raided into top 9 globally . It was exhausting but rewarding… though I don’t think I would do it again, lol. One needs time and stamina to do it!

Funniest memory? Winning a war by using Vlad! (Spoiler: I ran mono with 3* Purples… and against all odds Vlad survived and beat the last enemy hero by himself!)

1. Show me your top 5 favourite heroes

Here we go. Proteus and Seshat I’ve mentioned already.
Lepus was the first 5* I ascended (together with Inari), and really upped my offense - he’s an ice cold killer, heh.
Joon, is memorable because I got the costume first… then one week later, Joon came (when the hero and costume were not yet a package deal!) And he’s just amazing, and my strongest S1 sniper (in terms of emblems and therefore stats).
Bera is one of my most recent success stories, and as I love Kvasir, I took to Bera quickly too. She’s great in PvP and also PvE, joining Kvasir in some of my farming teams.

12 Likes