Alkashard Combination Bug (V30). 1k Shards for old 10k Rewards (Working As Intended, Staff Response #24)

thats an old video; think I was the first to combine 10k shards in the game (at least the first to video it)

dont know if i go with 7k shards now, queue 3k in AL
and update and i have 10k in v30 if the first combine is an old rewards one or not… ???

then how did the OP had 10k rewards with only 5k shards? he surely couldnt have generated the rewards (press the first combine)

or that pic isnt his?

I had 8k shards, updated to v.30 and I got rewards for v.30 (10 emblems, 5 5* battle items etc). You’d need to hit 10k on v.29, combine (but not claim the reward), then update to v.30 and your first combine for 1k would give you the same rewards you saw at v.29.

OP stated he did it 5 times but he didn’t after all. And it is possible it was really bugged at the beginning (and they didn’t admit it), or he had more than 10k shards, or it’s not his pic. Nobody else confirmed either of these so who knows…

1 Like

so you didnt have 10k… even after v30 gave you the shards after locking your AL
right?

looks like is a bust for me…
at least i know i can stash them there and claim them instantly, guess it works

I had nothing in AL when I updated so I didn’t get any extra shards. You’ll get extra shards only if you have some unfinished transmutations in AL (or at least how I understood it)

1 Like

its a awkward situation nevertheless…
at least i’ll get 100 embs instead of 50 (40 less than the OP :rofl:) overall

edit: lol, overall actually i wasted 9k shards actually with my first combine… why did they do AL if is was so “telluria like” broken… o.f.f. god

but look at all this ham sitting in tc11… that i cant use to exploit this AL block and get shards… cause this wasnt thought thoroughly before… :poop:

1 Like

So the part i’m missing is OP didn’t have 10k …

Could you press the combine button without having 10k shards in v29 or was it greyed out? Obviously transaction wouldn’t be possible but just having pressed the combine button could’ve generated the rewards. Next screen asks you to choose a reward and trade 10k but you don’t have 10k so you have to back out.

So regardless of shard balance if at any point before v30 you pressed the combine button but didn’t make the exchange (likely because you didn’t have 10k shards required to complete the transaction) then the first time you combine on v30 you get the old goods at the new price…is that what we’re saying?

1 Like

im confused as well…

seems like OP threw the bait for SG… and guess what? it was bitten! :rofl:

no, in V29 you couldn’t hit combine below 10,000…

I was at 6,930 and got 6 times the new / reduced rewards only.

@Petri
How long is this crappy maintenance brake of the lab?

1 Like

Hi, we are expecting to force the update on Monday.

5 Likes

If anyone’s interested, my experience is different from what others are posting. And I think it is different from what staff is posting.

• I had 9,612 Alkashards
  • I had queued transactions that netted over 600 (level 10) when I updated (which brought my total over 10k)
  • I was offered the V30 rewards after I updated
3 Likes

You’d need to have 10k shards before updating (and do the steps described somewhere above). So you behaviour seems normal. Hope you got offered any 4* AM :four_leaf_clover: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yep, that’s the conclusion I draw as well. I assume they’ll force the update over the weekend, in which case I could not have gotten to 10k in time. So I figured there was a small potential benefit to the community in that I could test and report on this in between case.

Went 1 for 10 on 4 star AM. Was offered and took Mystic Rings, even though I now have 18 with no red five star to level (not even a Khagan - if he comes out of TC 20 I think I actually have to max him).

1 Like

Yeah, no way anyone would ever pick 10 emblems over 4* AM. It was harder to decide before with 50 emblems tho. And congrats! I am at 0/8 atm.

1 Like

I believe it’s set for Monday. But with time zones…

edit - yep. Monday. Knew I saw that somewhere. :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Why release it before it’s actionable for all, utterly pathetic. I’ve done the update can’t do the rerolls not can I update to SH25.

What a ridiculous way to release the update either it’s an update or it isn’t, why should I have to wait if I’ve done the update.

Can’t you see how stupid this is

Cause in the past when they’ve rolled out updates and allowed people to build buildings with features like hunters lodge or alchemy lab before everyone has updated, more players were ticked off than goin about it the current way

Fwiw the update notes flat out said the update would work this way

Sounds like you just need to read more and pay attention, should help you know what’s goin on and why

2 Likes

so now we have all situation covered:

less then 10k shards but would be over with quequed transmuattion offered v30 and v29 rewards

less than 10k shards with no way to get higher offered v 29 and v30 rewards

not sure if anyone above 10k shards before update got offered v 30 rewards but we can see it seems to be a bit random. SG should rectify this and offer everybody that got v30 reward a chance to pick v29 rewards, since they are feeling so generous.