Alkashard Combination Bug (V30). 1k Shards for old 10k Rewards (Working As Intended, Staff Response #24)

Moderator’s Note
Adding this later clarification from the OP that this was, in fact, not done 5 times:

Look at this Guvnor, I just did this 5 times and got 250 emblems. Same rewards for 1,000 shards compared to 10,000 shards used to be.

Bug??

15 Likes

Ahh yeah… that seems a bug…

Seems that they have half-rolled out the changes… Awkies lol

2 Likes

Race now to cash in those shards before they fix it I guess!

Next time keep quiet and don’t ask if there is a bug :rofl: :sunglasses: :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Hi people, the amount of shards changed from 10,000 to 1,000. I have 5,000 shards in my inventory does that mean I can combine 5 times and get 5 4* mats? Is it a bug or something?

No. It works out at about 1/10 to 1/20 combinations gives the 4* AM.

Personally for me in Beta I did 146 combinations total. Of those I took every 4* mat. Got 13 total 4* mats from combining Alkylshards; remaining 133 I took the emblems.

1 Like

No what I mean is: before I download the update I already have 5,000 shards in my inventory. After I download the update, can I use those 5,000 shards to combine 5 times to get 5 4* mats? (because they just changed to requirement to 1,000 shards only, instead of 10,000 shards) ???

Repeating;

Yes, you can combine your 5k shards 5 times.

NO you cannot get 5x 4* materials.

Why can you not get 5x 4* materials?

There isn’t a guaranteed “4* material slot” anymore. Slot 1 of the combination page has approx a 1/10 to 1/20 chance of having a 4* mat… rest of the time its another 3* material; same as slot 2.

Read more about the changes in the Alkashard Combination Rewards here:

3 Likes

When you see a bug that can be exploited you could think about asking for a mod/Petri PM instead of going to post it and spread the awareness.

1 Like

I remember that when peoples abused of the 100exp=levelup troop’s bug the abusers got punished so it is wiser not to share bugs on the forum… (but directly to developers)

Not the player’s fault the devs can’t manage their bug reports or get an update rollout right

The bug has been reported.
Devs haven’t fixed it
And the official release notes don’t technically claim it is a bug…so for all others know it’s working as intended until an official response from SG says otherwise.

Things can change from beta upon live release is the common disclaimer SG and others love to use

So there ya go…

1 Like

In fairness; the Bug was reported at 04:30 Helsinki Time.

It’s not fixed as the Devs haven’t even gotten to work yet (Still 0630 helsinki time).

Wasn’t assigning any fault. Just stating a fact.

1 Like

yea sounds like a management problem

Not the fault of the players

Multi million dollar company can’t hire a night shift? Lol

The fact is that their poor management is not my problem.

1 Like

Another fun fact:

Not the first update to rollout with issues…common sense would say “monitor for issues” which I’m 99.9% positive they’ve done in the past

Anymore excuses?

I wasn’t even sure it’s a bug. I got a few shards sitting around in my inventory since forever and suddenly after the update I can combine them into something. Thought it was part of the update.

Wonder how they will invert this? Or will they?

1 Like

Well turns out no bug and surprisingly u get a decent reward for the 1st 1k shards…then downhill from there…

It only works for the first 1000 shards you combine. Let’s say you have 5000 shards. The first time you combine the 1000 shards (after the update) the rewards will be the same like before the update. 1x guaranteed 4* mat and 50 emeblems, etc.

If you now combine the next 1000 shards you will be in the new reward tier.

(At least that’s what happened to me)

4 Likes

Lol. So what that means is that the rewards were generated for shards LONG before you had enough shards to combine.

I’d bet when you first got any shards, but it might be when AL was built.

And because the rewards don’t get regenerated until you pick one, that’s why you’re seeing it.

Man, SGG has some interesting ideas on RNG. I can understand why — makes debugging a LOT easier if you can just look at some memory or a DB entry rather than rerunning test scenarios ad infinitum to replicate a bug, but it’s leading to pretty bad edge cases.

1 Like

Hi! No bug here. Feel free to combine those shards, it’s not an exploit. The first rewards are unchanged on purpose. It would not be fair to change them for people who had been collecting shards to get a specific reward. Sorry if we were not super clear on this change. We always appreciate you checking with us if you suspect there is a bug or exploit.

21 Likes