Aliance Wars | Matchmaking Problems.... in Kiril's name fix this already!

Loool… i’m sorry that is not a “strategy” is cheating. if this is how you think i know for sure you probably do the same :wink:

We have not used that strategy, but if you think it’s “cheating” then you don’t understand what “cheating” is.

the matches were close because the other team were sure of a win… the fact we use all our flags all the time is a surprise for “these clever strategy” teams

The matches were so close that just by using all your flags, and your opponent having a handful of inactive players, you won by about 100 points. That is very, very close.

Again, if you expect anything closer than that then you’re kidding yourself.

lets see if a Dev will answer, i doubt it but maybe we are in luck. And see what they think of the clever strategy and other stuff.

By the way great talk @Brobb. We are all allowed to have opinions and these opinions are based on game events and is nice to see other opinions :+1:

1 Like

I’d be surprised if we hear from a dev, but you never know - sometimes they pop in. Go with my best wishes.

1 Like

Seems like smrth went wrong after last updates. Second war in a row we are getting much more strong opponent. We didn,t have a chance last week, their defence teems were much stronger. Now we got a similar opponent, besides one of our strongest players took of the war mark. Maybe several opponent players did the same, We’ll see tomorrow)

The matchmaking not working my alliance still getting much more strong opponent. The opponent (each player) 3000 up power 12 player, my team 3000 power only 4 or 5 player -_-

Same thing last war, our average defense team power was almost 200 points less with same number of players. All our teams had the strongest heroes in stacks. Thats noncense, no chance to win.

Sorry man. Your post displays an almost comical lack of familiarity with this issue, both of actual statements from the devs and the overall community sentiment about matchmaking. Almost nothing in your post that you state as fact is correct. Almost none of the suggestions you make are new, many have already been implemented, the rest would not help.

The current matchmaking DOES take this into account. It simply doesn’t limit it to an exact match. Alliances within 1 member can be matched.

Alliance score is not taken into account. Congratulations. This has been true for many months.

?? really?? what does level have to do with anything? The correlation between strength of team and player level is so loose as to be useless. This would also encourage people to try to level more slowly so as not to outpace their team strength. Why would anyone want this?

Again, it is. Yay.

They have done you one better here. The strength of the top 30(!) heroes is taken into account. The displayed heroes in a defense is not (and has never been) considered. There is no trick. The reason to game the system and put weak defenders into your defense team is to drop cups and have easier raids. It is entirely unrelated to wars and does not affect match-ups.

You seem to be basing your post on a match-up that from your screenshots looks very close and totally winnable. Your alliance generally is well organized and wins most wars. I can’t see any reason for you to be complaining. It’s weird. As @Brobb states, the fact that you consistently win is such solid evidence that the rest of your post is poorly thought out that it probably doesn’t deserve much more of a response.

I’m sorry that this post is somewhat confrontational. Please do not take it personally. Familiarize yourself with how matchmaking has actually been designed by reviewing the build change logs and various developer responses before your next complaint and I promise you will find a better reception.

Best of luck in your war.

3 Likes

Sounds like your win streak has lead to your current match among many other factors.

igualdad%20en%20guerra

Surely you do not have to change anything?

players team 1 = 7
players team 2 = 27

trophies team 1 = 12918
trophies team 2 = 33848

One team can face another that has 2.62 times more trophies, and that has 4 times more members than this one?

If you think that is fair, or this can not be fixed, or you are part of one of the teams that always benefits from this situation, or is that you have a serious problem of interpretation of justice.

Dev, please do something.

How deep are the benches of team 2? What were team 2’s last five war outcomes? How well organised is team 2?

What’s that? You don’t know? So what are you basing your assertion of imbalance on?

Just the things that you can see most easily. Well cool then.

Edit: I can’t wait to see screenshots from the actual battlefield of this war, for obvious reasons.

Well, since there’s never a difference of more than 3 in the number of members going to war …

… the larger team has 17 to 23 more members ineligible or opted out of war …

… which means that the trophies were earned by, among others, at least 17 members not going to war …

… and that the “4 times more members” includes, among others, at least 17 members not going to war …

No cause for complaint, as far as I can see.

2 Likes

i don’t get it. i find the matchmaking perfect now. We lose some and win some.
Before we lost every match. Congrats SG, finally it’s working like it should.

3 Likes

Before the latest update, we had lost 7 in a row, by margins of 500-1500 points, despite using 90% or more of our flags.
Since the update, we have won all but one, and the margins have been generally +/- 200 points with the same level of participation. That’s a big improvement as far as I am concerned.
Our next opponent appears a little stronger than us on paper, but our war scores are very close. I expect this will be a tough match, but I don’t think it’s a bad match.

1 Like

I have two accounts and both alliance have had problems.

Newer one has had very long losing strike, but that was already there before update. We are constanly facing stronger opponents base on their war defence teams. We have won maybe 3 wars in last 10. That alliance isn’t so organized yet, so that can be problem.

Other alliance is very organized and we didn’t have matchmaking problems before. We lose some and won some with little point difference. After update we have had couple very easy wars, which we won over 1000 points and one, which we lost over 1000 points. That didn’t happen many times before update. So it seems that we get opponents from little wider range than before. Not sure its’s true, but I like those wars more, where point difference isn’t that huge. Win or lose.

As I understand now, if we are 6 active members, the machmaking would put us in front of only 6 players who have had a war score similar to us 6?
or to how many and with what conditioner could we match?
I ask in my little knowledge of the pairing mechanics that the app uses

Last I heard, the matchmaking allows a difference in member count of up to 3. Hence, if you bring 6 members to war, your opponent will bring from 3 to 9.

The other condition I know of, is that you can’t match with someone you’ve recently been matched with.

(And there’s an implicit condition in that everyone gets matched with a single opponent … or the next step might wind up with double bookings …)

With those conditions, you’ll get matched with some alliance with the “closest” war score remaining. You can see the war score in the popup from alliance score; it is determined by the “power” score of the best 30 heroes, with extra weight to the best 5, plus a “power” score of the best troop of each element, all calculated for each member going to war, summed, and finally modified by the alliance’s recent war history: The more wins, the higher the score.

1 Like

Closing this old topic. Please focus all discussion on war matching here: Alliance Wars Matchmaking (Discussion & Developer Response) MASTER