📯 Alfrike – Season 3 Hero – 5* Dark/Purple: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 Hero Released: Alfrike!

:bar_chart: Stats

Alfrike

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Wizard
VS
Very Slow
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Realm
Season 3 Svartalfheim
Image Aether Power Description
dmg-reduction Damage Reduction At the start of each battle, all damage received by this hero is reduced by 10% for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Cube of Dark Realm
  • Casts 5 Dark Cubes to random enemies.
  • Dark Cube deals 200% damage to the target.
  • Dark Cube reduces max health from the target by 224. Max health can’t get lower than 30% of the original max health.
  • The target automatically casts Mindless Attack on a random ally when mana is full during 3 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

August 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Alfrike from the last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Alfrike?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Alfrike.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Alfrike and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Alfrike worth summoning for?

• Would you use Alfrike on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Alfrike?

• What heroes would you take when facing Alfrike as an opponent?

• Would you give Alfrike Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Alfrike’s special?

• What do you think of Alfrike’s character design?

• If you Summoned Alfrike and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Alfrike, and whether/how you plan to make use of her.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Alfrike when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Alfrike, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Alfrike (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Alfrike), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 3 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Valhalla Featured Legendary Hero?
Below odds are current as of June 30, 2020. Odds will change as additional S3 5* heroes are added to the “non-featured” hero pool.

It’s important to remember that Season 3 Valhalla Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 3 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.43% chance of summoning Alfrike.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 13 times out of 100, you’ll get Alfrike by pull 100
  • 51 times out of 100, you’ll get Alfrike by pull 500
  • 76 times out of 100, you’ll get Alfrike by pull 1500
  • 89 times out of 100, you’ll get Alfrike by pull 1500
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Alfrike by pull 2073
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Alfrike by pull 3186

Putting that in Perspective

• 87 out of every 100 people won’t get Alfrike by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 870,000 of those players wouldn’t get Alfrike

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Alfrike by the 2073rd pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 2073 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Alfrike

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

12 Likes

Feedback Poll - Alfrike (post release)

Is Alfrike worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Yes, but only when the Featured Hero
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

How many copies of Alfrike would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

What do you think Alfrike’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage dealer
  • Mana Controller
  • Health Reducer
  • General Confusion / Mayhem Maker…

0 voters

What do you think of Alfrike compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Alfrike’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match her/their Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

Is Alfrike worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

In Defence, where do you think Alfrike is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Alfrike is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Why does SG insist on making new weird skills that are gonna generate problems later? They can release a powerful (or even overpowered) hero like Telluria with “classic” skills but when it comes to S3 they go completely weird. I really don’t get it.

8 Likes

I love it.

Chameleon, Norns, Heimdall, Baldur and Alfrike together on def will confuse players and devs. :rofl:

41 Likes

So the dark cubes hit all but the mindless attack only applies to one, correct? Has some good def/health stats. Seems like a good one to me even at very slow mana. Like that they brought the mindless attack back.

3 Likes

They hit randomly, and the Mindless Attack applies to whomever they happen to hit, as does the damage and max health reduction.

5 Likes

Ah okay, so one hero could get hit by multiple cubes at the same time?

2 Likes

Yes, which is more likely to happen when fewer enemies are still alive, or when used in PVE against a smaller number of enemies.

2 Likes

Now I definitely want Alfrike but my luck may be used up since I got Norns last Valhalla.

2 Likes

Why a featured hero only has 0.3% chance? many players no longer want to draw legendary classic hero. Classic legendary is only food now that we have costume to pull for. So the chance should be 1.2% for featured and 0% for classic.

5 Likes

Let me see, how can I put this? :thinking:

:money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings: :moneybag:

74 Likes

Extremely lucky to have pulled her with little to none effort…

Now how do I feel about her…

Looks to be effective tank material, on par with say Boss Wolf. A bit of randomness in her special, but doesn’t look like either outcome can go wrong - either hit few enemies and suck their mana Merlin style, or hit one or two but hit like a truck (5x 200% and -hundreds of HP on top of it is basically instagib). Rush tournaments she is A++++++++.

Of course in meta ruined by Telluria, she’s not even close with her very slow speed.

On offense she may be victim of very slow mana as well. Definitely a fun hero, but I think taking her to battle instead of someone else you will be at disadvantage.

She looks to be quite as effective at 3.70 as on max so I will play around with her.

I have enough Tabards to max her, but I’ll probably choose Killhare instead. Unless my guts are proven wrong by further discussion in this thread.

10 Likes

And it doesn’t guarantee getting the hero, which is funny tbh. When I feel like spending more than I usually spend I go to YT to watch videos where a person has like 30k gems, they do hundreds of pulls and they get maybe 1 or 2 5* heroes :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

0,3% chance for a ‘verry slow’ hero ? That’s intriguing !

2 Likes

Did someone say fantastic artwork?

I must say with all the discussion around Clarissa’s artwork - the season 3 heroes have been some of the best ever drawn in this game. Norns, Sif and now Alfrike are all fantastic and even the other heroes I haven’t mentioned are beautifully drawn.

For the hero herself - Love it. SGG keeps coming with new special ideas and I think this is one of my favourites so far. I just don’t get how can she be Very Slow if Telluria (hey don’t kill me please) is Average. But in any case I really like her and she would get tabbards without hesitation.

Great job SGG

12 Likes

Do I understand correctly that the only way to cure the decreased max health is Heimdall?
Or is he even able to cure this?

His skill should ‘protect’ from max health reducing, but does that include that he overrides it?

2 Likes

With titans in mind does anyone know if she temporarily or permanently reduces their max health?

I would assume he corrects it as well if his special fires after her

@asg280 If its permanent its the most OP hero in the game

1 Like