Alfrike is too powerful

Just because you don’t have the hero you want it to be nerfed. If you had it you wouldn’t want it to be. Tired of you cry babies.

2 Likes

Just because you are a pay-to-win player, you are afraid that obviously imbalanced heroes will be nerfed. :slight_smile:

As for me, I am not paying a cent for this - its a mobile game and is supposed to be just fun in the free time. And since I am not paying a cent, I have very low chance to get the uber-powerful new heroes. Thats is as simple as it is. Nobody is crying here, but merely stating facts and trying to deliver the message about disbalance to the developers. It worked with Telluria, and it eventually will work with Alfrike, Ninjas etc.(When this happens, I already see donating people crying :D)
If history taught us something, is that disbalanced games either get balanced or disappear. Thats why nerf threads are important. Just not for the players willing to pay any amount of money, of course. :smiley:

Soo you don’t pay a cent on this game but you want to beat everyone, I can’t understand your logic. After Telly fiasco I got from P2W to C2P and if they continue like this with nerfs I will continue f2p, so if everyone stop paying like you SG will shut down the servers and again the game will disappear. I don’t have Alfrike or frig or odin but I like the challenge from this hero’s and for this I don’t want to be nerfed.

4 Likes

This is the point. You like the challenge and so do I. Because if can beat every times everyone… why do I need to pull for new heroes?

4 Likes

Have you understood his point? You don’t want to nerf all the heroes because you are a pay to win player. So, maybe you are just a better player or a luckier player but this was not thinkable. You HAVE TO be a pay to win player, just because you can accept not to have 100% victories or because you don’t hate someone else just because he pulled something and you didn’t.

1 Like

I am not a pay to win player, I was just luckier than you and this is a base of gatcha games, just it is absolutely wrong to think that Alfrike is too strong to be a very slow hero.

Mmmm … ask to delete all the heroes. And let’s play with all Aife. What do you think? So it will be an absolutely balanced gameplay.

Tell me, why I didn’t get Telluria but I didn’t feel the need to ask for his nerf?

3 Likes

This only applies in VF mana, outside that she’s not unbeatable.

1 Like

I’ll add it applies mainly to no-yellow allowed tournaments as you can’t stack yellow, and who happen to be good counters (Joon/Bai Yeong to miss, Malosi to cancel her mindless attack).

2 Likes

When the options are almost nonexistent. The term imbalance should be applied.

Holy has far… far too many options
For a Very Slow purp…

While the game balance over speed:
Is so terribly off course, they had to make game modes that eliminated speed…just so that slow and v.slow could have an…
Occasional Use!

Rather than that… it’s almost criminal that they don’t make all Slow and V.slow heroes like Alfrike!

Leave her be…

4 Likes

I already can tell you which answer they will give you: aaahhh, but not everyone has Malosi etc.

So their point is simple: “I want to win every time also if I have a sh…ty roster”.

They don’t accept all the things in these game which are not controllable.
So the question is again: why should I pull (f2p too) if I can win every time with s1 heroes?

3 Likes

Sure… so if we’re sticking with S1 heroes, I can counter, you have Leonidas who can mana cut and prevent her from firing. For some reason, people are fixated on the the effects after she fires and don’t concentrate on preventing her from firing in the first place.

5 Likes

She’s very slow, the perk of her special is getting her to fire. Definatly not OP. On a bad board u should be killing Alfrike before she fires or at least using heros to block her. I would argue your team selection is your problem if you want a nerf

5 Likes

First of all, it’s not about winning every match. You simply can’t, because the randomness of the field won’t let you. And it’s a good “balance” already - it makes you think about your next step and try to make tactical decisions.

For anyone who has some experience in this game, its not a secret, that you can beat the strongest team with far weaker team, but only if you have a good field. I have no problems with RNG , nor with the gatcha, I have pulled few good heroes myself. The problem with heroes like Alfrike is rather, that once she fire her skill, your team is dead and you cannot do anything about it. On fast mana events it’s almost pointless to attack her, and at normal speed it’s a 50/50 chance, depending on the stones you get, but again, ONCE she fires, you will lose. It’s all reduced to luck, which also makes it so boring.
Pretty much the same with attacking ninjas and their ability to dodge every second stone. A bit less with Odin or Frigg, but still its all about milking money from p2w players.
And yes, this is called imbalance. Because if you play against other, also strong, but not OP heroes, you can still win if you play tactically. Because they don`t block your heroes completely + reduce health + make them attack each other + etc… It’s just way too powerful compared to other heroes. It’s an objective fact, there is no point of arguing about it.

And at last - the amount of money SG already made and continues to make with this game is tremendous - you cannot even imagine the sum, believe me. With that, they could run servers for hundreds of years already, but as it usually goes with greed - its never enough. :smiley:

Fast mana events? Leonidas, Onatel, Proteus, Merlin, etc… lots of mana controllers that can limit her from firing.
Obviously there is a lot of luck based on the tiles, but that goes without saying against any tank. There are a number of mana cutters, or disruptors that ensure that she never fires, and if you have a 23 mana troop, even your average heroes will fire with 3 3-tile matches. If you can’t get that quick enough against a V. Slow tank, than likely you had a bad board and you would have lost just as badly as against Kunchen. But I think it’ll be hard to say that every time you meet a Alfrike tank that is always the case.

In my experience, she doesn’t fire much, and it only takes 6 yellow tile hits to kill her (using Bai Yeong, Joon, and Malosi).

4 Likes

Nerf nerf cryers :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

I’m sure this doesn’t add much but I’ve kill teams with Alfrike tanks in the tournament every time I’ve come up against her… using an attack team with three 4*s, 3-1-1 with the 3 being purple. Even if she specs, you can ride it out. Tip you can still fill your mana when the debuff has 1 turn remaining and you won’t actually mindless attack as the effect ends before you can spec again.

Zepson you summed it up nicely. Just one thing could be added: everything not covered by nerf/buff is due to ‘SG’ s greed/ the money grab of the devs (who have nothing to do with financial issues) and ‘corporate greed’ in general.

Because she is balanced in every other facet. Slow wars were not a good solution for adding value to slow/v. slow. heroes imo.

After making heroes more:

For so long.
Speed is a tool for doing that.
Now many slow/v. slow are difficult to use successfully in the arenas with pure 5* and max’d troops.

Personally… They did away with 1-2* tournaments for solid reasons.
I would much rather see these fast tourneys and wars disappear and value restored to slow heroes by making their skills worthy of being at reduced speed.

4 Likes

Because a VS character can still be fully charged in just 2-3 turns if they are in Lead position, and unless you were lucky enough to get the mana to counter (assuming you even have a Hero that can counter) BEFOREhand - whelp, yer toast. I use Grazul to counter, who is VF, and I still lose more often than not, because I often don’t get enough Red tiles to put up her Mind-Control block.

On top of that, if 3 or 4 cubes happen to hit one Hero - well - that Hero can then be killed with one, maybe two measly regular attacks.

It’s not that she’s “slightly stronger,” as you put it - it’s that she’s overwhelmingly strong, and can only be countered by a handful of other Heroes. Enough to upset the balance of the game for anyone who has her.

1 Like

I don’t know. Maybe it’s just tile luck, but when Alfrike is in tank position, she rarely fires when I encounter her. I guess if you are feeding tons of dead tiles with a cascade, she could fire in 3-4 turns, but 2 turns strikes me as a bit exaggerated.

1 Like