Alfrike is too powerful

Yellow has tons of options.
Poseidon protects against cubes blocking skills
Malosi will shut her down
And mana controllers is abundant for holy, which is a huge problem for very slow dark…

Alfrike is fun to use. Fun to fight. And not a problem

I’ve been taking boring old Leo my first 5*. It’s nice to knock the dust off of him for rare Alfrikes

5 Likes

I just played against a team in Tournament that had Alfrike as center hero, and I was reminded just how massively OP her Special is.

It’s got THREE abilities - the first is that it deals 200% damage to all enemies, which by itself is not a lot, but add that to the second ability, which ALSO reduces max health by 224, and the combined health loss is far greater than any other AoE Hero capable of hitting all enemies. And, on the off-chance that all five cubes hits only one Hero, it’s an insta-kill at a combined 1000% damage. But that, while unfair, is not why I feel she is so OP -

It’s the third ability that makes her OP. Each cube ALSO causes Mindless Attack. And since there’s 5 cubes, it is entirely possible that all five of your heroes gets hit with that (in fact, that just happened to me twice in a row, which is the reason I got fed up and decided to make this post), and suddenly your entire team is locked down and powerless.

Given that you cannot counter or dispel that (or do anything else) without being able to use a Special, there’s absolutely nothing you can do, besides matching shields to advance turns. Which means that you’re only powering up Alfrike’s Special again with every shield that hits her, so by the time that the Mindless Attack finally wears off of your Heroes, she’s ready to cast her Special AGAIN, and lock down most or all of your team - AGAIN. Rinse and repeat until you you lose the match. There really isn’t another outcome, more often than not.

No single Hero should ever be powerful enough to win matches single-handedly. Even with her Special set to “Very Slow.” And especially so with one of the Tournament rules being “All Speeds set to Very Fast,” which makes Alfrike basically unbeatable.

Here are my proposals to properly nerf Alfrike, without stripping too much of her power:

1.) Take away the Mindless Attack ability entirely. The damage she causes between regular damage and max-health loss still easily makes her a very powerful Hero, even without the Mindless Attack ability.

2.) Alternately, you could drop the number of Dark Cubes down from 5 to 3. That way, even if you’re really unlucky, only three of your Heroes can have Mindless Attack cast on them, and you still have two left to try to counter with.

3 Likes

I don’t agree with you. Yes, she’s a powerhouse. But she’s very slow. Most of the time, she’s not scary in defense, with Jackal and Joon to snipe her.

On offense, she takes forever to charge…

She’s OP in rush attack. But rush attack glorifies imbalance and luck so…

8 Likes

And it’s tourney without yellows, ofc that makes her stronger than she actually is

I don’t know what are you talking about. Alfrike is perfectly balanced. Boss Wolf added for no reason.
( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Apparently their effects are worth giving them slow mana speed. XD
Alfrike does damage, Boss wolf does not
Boss Wolf is only slowing mana generation, Alfrike is not only blocking mana, she is making her enemies lose all mana bar and deal damage to themselves.
Alfrike is lowering max health, Boss Wolf does nothing
Boss Wolf and nearby allies gets +24% mana generation + counterattack, but who cares, he is dead before charging another special skill.

4 Likes

Porque no hayas podido con ella no es motivo para que deban rebajarla como hicieron con Tellauria que ha quedado inútil cuando era un buen heroe ,

1 Like

Another ridiculous nerf thread, Alfrike is very slow even in the tournament format with no yellow she is not OP. I would recommend choosing your hero’s more wisely or video it so ppl can give u advice.

Alfrike is only OP in the Rush wars and tournaments, so worth the matts if u have a deep bench

1 Like

@Guvnor

Merge?

2 Likes

No need of nerfing Alfrike. She’s harder to kill in this tournament as yellow is forbidden, but there are so many ways to counter her.

1 Like

Counters to Alfrike are Poseidon, Grazul, Vanda, Garnet. 3 of them are very fast so outside of rush attack there is a very high probability that you can fire them before Alfrike.
In rush attack you can bring Miki, Hansel, Hel, Proteus or try Black Knight, Krampus or Queen of Hearts to protect your team. Or you can just snipe her with Evelyn + Lianna or other similar combos.

1 Like

Fair point, I should have videoed it. Both to get advice, and also as proof that the match really was entirely one-sided.

For reference, since the Tournament is Buff-Boost, my team was comprised of Khagan, Heimdall, Zulag, Raffaele, and Evelyn, left-to-right. My strategy is to be able to easily dispel debuffs, and at the same time also stack so many buffs that a regular shield attack is deadly - And it does indeed work extremely effectively.

Very slow and overpowered do not go together. Get her before she gets you. It is actually 100% doable on a consistent basis, even with Season 1 heros, if you stack properly.

In tourneys, anything goes, man. There are heros who are very meh in 95% of the game and shine as nearly OP in certain tourney situations.

3 Likes

She doesn’t deserve a nerf. As she’s very slow, she can be countered quite easily, if you bring a taunting heroe, yellow snipers or something more fancy like Lord Loki. So yes, it’s difficult to recover if she fires… But there are many ways to shut her down.

2 Likes

The issue I see is that your team is almost entirely passive. You’re bringing a bunch of shields while your enemy’s bringing cannons. Eventually they’re going to plow right through you. I beat Alfrike fairly regularly with Kingston-Bera-Eve-Ariel-lianna. An elemental debuff, two stack hitters, and two off-color passives/healers.

5 Likes

And the important part of that is that the stack is all fast. You could swap Kingston out if you had to with somebody else, but you want that stack to charge all at the same time. Then when it does, make 100% certain the tank dies.

2 Likes

I love her. Yes, she is powerful, yes, she can kill your entire team. But since l maxed Lord Loki l acctually look for teams with Alfrike. And STOP NERFING HEROES.

3 Likes

You can also try Malosi, cKashhrek and 3 other yellows to counter Alfrike.

I do agree Boss Wolf needs a buff to be on par with his mana speed.

He should look more like Alfrike, not the other way around.

5 Likes

She doesn’t have to be nerfed for several reasons - she is very slow, you can’t control who is she attacking and there are several heroes which minimize her secondary skill like Heimdall, Gulinbursti, C-Kashrek etc while Vanda, Grazul & Poseidon are good for her damage and they are VF/F heroes.

1 Like

Really? The first Very Slow hero who actually has a special skill worth being “very slow” and she’s too powerful?

That’s kinda meant to be the point tho right? She has a very very strong special skill but it is counterset by her mana speed being very slow.

IMHO, no nerf needed.

If anything, the other two very slow heroes (boss wolf and guardian owl) need buffs if anything to be much more punishing.

13 Likes