[SOLVED V39] Alfrike does not fire all the cubes while in map and pvp

Hi all, I checked others thread but I did not find anything regarding this behaviour: while playing in map with Alfrike i noticed that once she fires at the mobs she no longer launches 5 cubes, sometimes just one and sometimes two or three even if there are 4+ mobs in that wave.

This happens since I upgraded to v38.

Am I missing something or is it working as intended? I double checked the card and it clearly states that she should launch 5 cubes.

Thanks in advance for any answer you might provide

8 Likes

This was supposed to be fixed in V37 I think? Basically, if Alfrike missed a cube, she’d quit firing even though the card states she’s supposed to fire all 5 cubes regardless. I have not upgraded to V38 yet though. It did seem to be fixed in V37.

Well… I really hope, that the good old Alfrike bug is not giving a come back in V38 after it took a year to probably solve it… :grimacing:

You might find this thread intetesting:

Are you by any chance playing the S4 map?

1 Like

season 1:

• there are 4 enemies
  • alfrike launches first cube on an enemy
  • enemy dies
  • no more cube launched
2 Likes

no, it’s very different, the message above explains the scenario

1 Like

Oh goodie… I have not seen that before. Sorry, I am no help with that one.

I did just update my game to V38, so I will poke it and see what I can find.

The only thing I found curious after she was fixed is that I can now select the first target she will hit, while her special says “random enemies”.

I believe that is a bug and should also be checked.

Actually, that you were able to select an enemy that is definitely hit by Alfrike was another bug that came up with the fix in V37 and should’ve been refixed with the new update… :crazy_face:

Could not update to V38 yet, so can’t test now. :roll_eyes:

Now that’s new. Just to be clear. Alfrike is not affected by any kind of blind status right?

nope, I was battling normal mobs and those do not have that kind of special

Can anyone else confirm this as I haven’t got the update v38 yet but now I don’t really want to update if this is happening to Alfrike.

You are actually right. I also wanted to post about this. I frequently farm with Alfrike and have encountered this bug. I will try to grab a video next time and post it here.

2 Likes

Also still/again/new broken in pvp not only map stages.

I tried out, if the old dodge bug is back again, no idea if that’s the case because nobody dodged, but she stopped after 4 cubes.
Telluria died after the 3rd cube, so maybe she stops when she kills someone? But then why fire one more cube after that.

Edit 1:
And yes I am already at V38, that she hits the chosen telluria first is coincidence, I tried that also and her first target is random again in V38. So at least this is fixed.

Edit 2:
Sorry @Artifix for adding pvp in the thread title, but I don’t wanted to create a second Alfrike bug thread, better everything in one place. And thanks for starting this topic :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My thinking is that v. 38 only comes effective when all active accounts are forced to update. Otherwise, it creates an undue advantage (or disadvantage) to those who already have the update while the latest patch is still being rolled out. My other phone is already having the latest patch while my main phone where my main account is still don’t have v. 38 update in the Google Playstore. Until then, we wait.

No prob, and thanks for the video

But part of the fixes are already active.

And even if not, the bug wasn’t there in v37, so definitely something new in V38

May I know what are those fixes already enjoyed by those who are able to get v. 38?

Are these already in place:

• PvE enemies now show attack and defence values except for Titans, Mythic Titans and Unique Bosses
  • Added a timer to Friendly Match Energy
  • Enemy wave count is now shown in Map stages

May I know what new bug are you talking about. Been replaying your video and it appears that Alfrike fired 5 cubes, 2 seems hidden by the graphic of the other cubes since they hit only 3 enemy standing. Not really sure but I wish I have an app that can run your video in slow motion.

It’s just odd that SG would implement an update when not everyone has obtained the latest patch. As I have been filling and opening raid chests 3x a day, I haven’t encountered that notification that you cannot attack or revenge a player because such player is on a higher version already. I dunno.

@Petri @KiraSG @mhalttu

Can you please shed light on this? Thank you.

EDIT:

Yeah. I see the attack and defense values of the mobs. I also see the wave count. And I see the friendly raid timer.

So I was able to record this phenomenon while farming. Here’s the video. There are 3 short clips as follows:

• S1 farming
  • S4 hard mode boss
  • S4 hard mode boss almost dead

My conclusion is that I think this is a pure visual phenomenon and not necessarily a bug. My understanding is that when you use Alfrike special, 5 random enemies are selected. The selected enemies are not necessarily unique, because one enemy can be targeted multiple times. Suppose, an enemy is targeted twice. If that enemy dies in the first hit, the second hit is not shown because that enemy is already dead.

So here’s the proofs. In the first part you can see that S1 monsters are very weak. There were 4 monsters. 3 of them were targeted, and I am assuming two of them were targeted twice. But since the first cubes killed them, the second two hits are not shown, which makes it seem like she only fired three cubes.

In the second part you can see against S4 hard mode bosses all 5 cubes were fired. But when one boss was left with very low health, she only fired one cube instead of five, because that one was enough to kill him.

So, in conclusion I think it’s working correctly. Let me know what you guys think. :slight_smile:

PS: I am already in V38, so this seems like a new addition in this particular version.

3 Likes

Here the slow version for @Ultra

Definitely only 4 cubes. Maybe the last cube wanted to hit the already dead Alfrike, but then please show it to me. As it is, Alfrike only fired 4 cubes and I can only guess what happened.

Two possibilities:

• If one hero dies she must target other heroes and fire all 5 cubes.
  • If she wants to target already dead heroes, please show us all cubes like it was in the past game versions, also those hitting the dead target.
5 Likes