Alexandrine – 5* Ice / Blue - September 2021 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

New HOTM Released for September 2021: Alexandrine

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Alexandrine, as well as your thoughts on him.

Alexandrine

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:snowflake:
Ice/Blue
Cleric
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 803 805 1534
4/90 919 922 1755
Origin Family
Hero of the Month Legends 2021
Image Aether Power Description
defense-up Defense Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% defense for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:no_entry_sign: Resist: This hero has an innate reistance against status ailments that affect Healing.
:hourglass: Ability: This hero recovers 10% health when they receive a status ailment.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Stalling Shimmering Shield
  • Recovers 23% health for all allies.
  • Recovers an additional 3% health per each Ice shield on the board, up to 47% health in total.
  • Alters the critical chance or accuracy of all Ice shields on the board. When an attacknig Hero casts the special, the shields become enhanced with +54% critical chance. When a defending hero casts the special, the shields become weakened with -47% accuracy.
  • Element Link gives +10% increase for any healing received for all Ice allies for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Just an observation about this shield altering ability

Each shield can have only one effect.
So if you use her with Jott, then the shields will be altered based on which hero fired the special skill later.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes in the same Family.

Legends 2021 Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• +10% / +15% / +20% critical chance.

Bonus for 2+ heroes:

• Elemental Link affects all allies.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Sep 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Alexandrine from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early information on the September 2021 HOTM -- Alexandrine

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Alexandrine ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Alexandrine.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Alexandrine and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Alexandrine worth summoning for?

• Would you use Alexandrine on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Alexandrine ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Alexandrine as an opponent?

• Would you give Alexandrine Cleric Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Alexandrine’s character design?

• If you Summoned Alexandrine and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Alexandrine, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Alexandrine when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Alexandrine, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Alexandrine (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Alexandrine), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of HOTM.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

_Special thanks to @Garanwyn & @zephyr1 for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

7 Likes

Feedback Poll - Alexandrine (post release)

:question: Is Alexandrine worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Alexandrine would be useful to keep & Level?
Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Alexandrine’s Primary Purpose is?

• Healer (Immediate)
  • Shield Buffer / Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Alexandrine compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Alexandrine’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Alexandrine’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Alexandrine worth giving Cleric Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Alexandrine is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Alexandrine is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

4 Likes

Is she better for titans than Jott or worse/similar? I’m asking only in terms of buffing tiles not stats and Alex’s heal.

2 Likes

@yelnats_24 made calculations about comparing her with Jott here:

9 Likes

If that wasn’t fixed, she should have incredible survivability as a healer against Bera. Each hit from Bera’s minion applies 2 status effects so basically heals her 20%. Imagine with several minions on board… it was pretty funny seeing her go from almost dead to full HP during minion turns.

Too bad she is ‘only’ a healer, and blue has plenty of those; also, more reliable ones.

Nice nuance but I personally won’t max her; curious to see her performance on 3.70 against red titans in Jott’s place.

4 Likes

I on other hand have no blue 5* healer (and only Kiril for 4* I think), so she’ll be incredibly valuable for me if I can land her. Indeed blue is only color I have no 5* healer or some kind of healing for (I have Grazul/Emilio for red MT for purple). I have 6 telescopes and will max her instantly. She will have some annoyance potential with Frigg and Odin: have fun getting rid of all yellow, blue and green tiles.

By the way blue has less healers for 5* than other colors: only Ariel and Raf. Too bad both are some of best healers in the game.

10 Likes

I think she is a decent hero.

I would max her as i lack a 5* blue healer.

3 Likes

I just pulled Alexandrine with EHTs and now have to pick between her and Raphael. My only blue healers are C.Kiril and Aegir, so both of the new options would be a welcome addition.

I know Raphael heals for more and purges, but Alexandrine charges faster, has more utility overall and, since I’d be using her almost exclusively in blue stacks, her otherwise pretty bad elemental link will be at least somewhat useful. I do have Jott for Titans, but I’ll likely alternate their specials so the tiles are buffed more often. Raphael, on the other hand, is a much more consistent healer, which can’t be ignored.

Any thoughts?

2 Likes

I think I was undervaluing Alexandrine when she was in Beta.

I still think her healing is weak. The max should be higher than 42%. Anyways, I was thinking she might be great for a mono stack. I wasn’t putting enough attention on her ability to gain 10% health when she gets a status ailment. Even if she’s your last hero left in a mono blue stack, the crit boost to the tiles and her healing could keep her alive to get the win.

I don’t play mono so I won’t use this strategy, but if I got her, I’d save her for a team with a lot of status ailments (like JF) and use her as an off color hero. I’d level her instantly because I don’t have an alternate hero to work on and I can always use more healers.

I should also note I have Jott so she doesn’t fill that gap.

4 Likes

I do also hope to get her for the lack of 5* healers but I have so many waiting for mats

I like Raff, but because he is purely a healer and has no offensive abilities, I find that I often have him charged and sitting there doing nothing. I much prefer healers who have the ability to impact offense (I run Kunchen a lot for this). As a result, I would lean towards Alexandrine unless you run a lot of rainbow. She is not going to help much there (although she might be fun at flank on defense with a strong red tank to counter the opponent bringing blue).

4 Likes

Well let’s not forget his innate resistance that he resists any and all attempts to weaken A value. Those relentless slash attacks just keep coming! :laughing:

:beers:

4 Likes

That is about the most bizarre passive I’ve seen on a HotM!

1 Like

So she rocks against Emilio’s special? 10%HP for aliment

Don‘t Jott‘s skill and hers stack? Because they have different description, so i don‘t understand why would you replace Jott instead of playing them together :thinking:.
Or maybe they are the same and I‘m wrong…
Anyways, please somebody confirm if you have them both.

Beta testers said they don’t. Apparently tiles can have only one boost at the same time.

6 Likes

I am in beta aswell, but I still don‘t understand why have they released her with this description if she doesn‘t stack with him…change the description or change the skill. Easy.

1 Like

Yes, I have included a note about this in the OP too:

2 Likes

I think she is worthy :upside_down_face::exploding_head::crazy_face:

1 Like

IMO this hotm is at best a B or B+.

She cannot function as a primary healer on attack because her heal is simply too inconsistent and we all know how difficult it can be to utilize Jott on attack outside of titans w/o scrolls of alteration.

Way I see it if you get her to charge and you need to fire to save your team, chances are you’ve already used up most, if not all the blue tiles on the board to effectively alter them to matter for followup matches, or the heal will be too weak to matter w/o an additional benefit (i.e. grazul/garnet charge x1 provides a small heal but gives ailment immunity/overheal).

4 Likes