Alchemy Lab/Hero Academy Double selling fair?

“Absolutely hates” may be strong. But the contrast with the feedback of Hunter’s Lodge was night and day.

4 Likes

i prefer not to answer childish & sarcastic question , waste time and will be out of topic , i think it just his nature and i dont buy it

1 Like

You wont help me learn how to play the game?
Thought this playerbase had such a sense of community…

8 Likes

I’m actually not too crazy about Hunter’s Lodge. It’ll probably be more useful to me when I finally get to take on a 9*+, but for now it is low priority. I really have no real need for any of those items.
I can’t wait to see what the next version of Alchemy Lab looks like. I hope they take the feedback seriously.

6 Likes

Everything in Hunter’s Lodge is useful. They did a great job with the feedback on that one, too. If you’re on 9*, then yeah, you definitely don’t need the extra items it provides. But they’re very nice to have :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I’d be thrilled hitting 9* titans… we currently have a 6* Ugh. I don’t think there is anything wrong with Hunter’s Lodge, I’m glad people like it and I do think it is a nice concept. It just isn’t high on my list of priorities. I actually do have it going to level 2 right now.
I know the items are really good, I just really don’t need them at the moment. Kinda works out for me, really. I’ll have it fully upgraded before I really wanna build the items. No impatiently waiting for research.

4 Likes

I agree with you. My alliance takes on 9* titans just fine and are planning to get harpoons feature up. But beyond that, I’ll have to prioritize. Im still new so some of my key buildings farms, barracks etc haven’t been maxxed. I’ll be looking into those before progressing on lodge.

I don’t see need for any lodge items in near future for me or my alliance. It just seems very end game feature (which I may never get to)

4 Likes

It definitely is endgame content. Useful at all levels, maybe, but the items would really only become a huge improvement for those huge titans.
Makes me wonder if they might try and add more content where those items would be needed. Super hard mode for season 3? :rofl:

3 Likes

So this new features will cost money to use/convert??? Is this confirmed???

1 Like

The first version in Beta required gems. It got mostly negative feedback, so it may or may not use gems in the final version. We don’t know.

4 Likes

There are plenty of free sources of gems, so equating gems with money isn’t quite accurate. But the first version, different levels of the Alchemy Lab cost anywhere between 1 gem and 300 gems to use.

3 Likes

You can’t farm hidden blades. They’re won through quests, Titans & wars

6 Likes

Wow!! That is actually the definition of insanity @Rigs. Doing something over and over expecting a different result.
It appears they took a great idea and decided to monetize it. I don’t mind the gamble for heroes, but then charging us to possibly (POSSIBLY) get a hero we don’t have is Ludicrous!!
Even if I was independently wealthy I still take issue with sort of money grab. When greed takes over it’s never a good thing for any game.

Edit: Somehow I woke up out off :heart: So I’ll be back

3 Likes

And this is exactly the attitude that they are counting on to perpetuate the spend, spend, spend. Why not just put a price tag on each heroes head and let the game die quickly instead of leaching small amounts over a longer period?
@Rigs, thank you for bringing this up. I had somehow misunderstood how this was to work. I’m also fully in agreement with your stance.
This also puts the players with unlimited finances to have a decent advantage. They can go for whatever hero they want as long as they are willing to pay. I’d much prefer to make sure I’m not low on beer, or women :joy:, than digital characters.

5 Likes

It is gambling with a higher chip for higher returns (at least they won’t give you a 4* for a 5*).

You out in a 5 and you get back a 5 excluding the gems you spent.

1 Like

Hidden blades, as the name suggests, are hidden throughout the game and you have to find them by clicking/tapping on everything. For example, bouncing the summer event beach balls in the rhythm of “Heart and Soul” will reward you with one.

And for what it’s worth, I’m sincerely hoping SG realizes charging for trading items and heroes back is a poor design. Your analogies are spot-on.

12 Likes

This is not true, I am F2P and I complain about bad luck in pulls. Just today i used all my hoarded-up epic tokens trying to get a good Sand Empire hero and/or Seshat. I got Arman and a boatload of S1 3*. Arman! Not even the horse!

I am just not as vociferous about it as many others who do spend.

As @Rigs says, it’s the principle behind the mechanism, making you dish out more to get back the same unwanted item (or a similar unwanted item). For me, if it involves using gems I’m not likely to use it much if at all.

Charging would move the game closer to P2W and away from F2P.

5 Likes

Let me refine that analogy a bit because getting heroes doesn’t start out working like placing an order in a bar.

You aren’t buying a beer.

You are buying a “random beverage from behind the bar”.

Remember, 71% of the beverages served at the Atlantis Portal are flavors of horse ■■■■, I mean 3* heroes, 26.5% are kinds of beer, I mean 4* heroes, and 2.5% are shots of hard liquor.

Your 30-pull will on average be an order for 21 glasses of horse ■■■■, 8 random beers, and 75% chance of a shot of liquor, all for ~$100

So if what you really want is your favorite 18 year single malt scotch, and you got a shot of tequila along with the horse ■■■■…

Now what you are doing is handing back the tequila, $5, and saying “Give me something random from the hard liquor shelf”.

If you’re gonna walk up to a bar like this and place an order … well, this new kind of order isn’t out of line in my book.

14 Likes

This pleases me.

I do hope there are ways to use multiple lower-starred items/heroes to get higher-starred items/heroes. I know the quantities required to trade up would have to be significant to avoid breaking the game, but it makes me sad to think of a day in the future when I get bored of the game because I am stuck, because I really enjoy playing, progressing, and interacting with the community.

Right now, I am still at a place in the game where maxing unique three-stars and most four-stars still brings me some net benefit (being able to compete better in tournaments, events, wars, and even Titans). But that time is going to pass. At some point, the only thing that is really going to help me move forward is higher star heroes and the mats to ascend them. With the odds of drawing five-star heroes and four-star mats being so low, my progress could basically halt for months. I love this game, but I don’t know if I have the patience to max a fourth Sabina while hoping to draw my first green five-star, for example.

On the other hand, of the six five-stars I do have, four of them are yellow. Poseidon just got darts, so I anticipate it will be Christmas at the earliest, before I can get the darts to max another yellow five-star. Meanwhile, I’m sitting on 10 Damascus blades and 9 mystic rings that I have no use for at all because I have no red five-stars.

I make no judgments about what is good/bad business for SGG. I’m definitely a capitalist, and if the answer is, “F2P are moochers anyway; take your ball and go home”, then I guess I take my ball and go home. I just hope the developer community takes some measure of pride in making a game that both P2P and F2P can enjoy equally. I, for one, have been very impressed with that aspect so far. Most mobile games are not so. You caught lightning in a bottle, SGG. How long can you keep it there (and do you even want to)?

8 Likes

What would be nice is if there were, say 4 heroes, a mix of season 2, HotM (and maybe TC20 heroes) and you could pay + exchange a 5* hero to get one of those 4.

I could also see it being cool if the element of the exchanged hero had an impact on the odds of getting a hero.

It would also be interesting if you could pick a set of heroes that you were targeting, which you’d have modestly better odds of getting then you could pay to increase those odds.

2 Likes