🎲 [v1] Alchemy Lab FAQ, Discussion & Alkashard Calculator

See the picture in OP. You have there all costs, from converting to last level.

1 Like

I mean the cost of converting a building to Alchemy lab

And like I said, it’s in the picture. Look at converting. 2367k iron.

Thank you…,…,…

Is 4* ascending material EPIC or LEGENDARY?

4* Ascension Materials are Epic, since anything 4* in the game is referred to as Epic — but somewhat confusingly are used for Ascending Legendary 5* Heroes.

2 Likes

Thanx, that is exactly what was confusing - epic material for legendary heroes…

1 Like

I can share my points of view and a bit of our discussions on this new feature. Personally I am very dsappointed about the AL released, when following chats both on forum, in game and on Line for more than two years , noticing what people on all levels are looking for. I see most people accepting that this game takes a lot of patience and a big grind. That being F2P, C2P P2P or P2W. Making AL available only at SH level 23 is making most of the transmution not gaining anyone. Newer players needing other 3* farmable or not farmable mats will not be able to have that level of SH and storage and end game players will only use it to get shards as only level 9- 10 may help on some progress.
I may be wrong about this. I don’t know where to put my self in the categories of spending. What I can say is that I am playing on a budget and spending 95% on hero summons.
I only see the grind for leveling up an Alchemy Lab is not very useful to anyone, or will take a very big load of gems an ressources spend to get an outcome, possible worth the spending, over several months and maybe not worth it.

6 Likes

By the time you get to stronghold 23, you don’t need to transmute the first eight levels of the Alchemy lab. By the time you get there you have tons of everything low level.

And levels 9 and 10 cost way too much for another random chance. They absolutely should have given us the choice of Mat that we need if we’re going to pay for it with gems.

7 Likes

I found a calculator (Edit: same calculator at the top of the thread) on running the alchemy lab, and put in my surplus crap for AL1~6, which is all the free levels plus AL6 at 1 :gem: per transmute.

I would still be transmuting crap I don’t need into ~95% other crap I don’t need. (except for the 5% chance of getting a 4* ascension item instead of a 3* one)

I would need to put in 70M hams to get 10,000 alkashards to get the good stuff, and I’ve got enough to do that ~1.8 times. It would also take 2-3 months real time to do the transmuting. (After the time to build the AL and research it)

I’m in a ham deficit without the alchemy lab, and I just can’t see how it is worth spending the hams for me. I could use the hams for leveling up heroes, troops, or crafting mana pots and hunters lodge goodies instead.

Just in case anybody was wondering exactly how expensive it is to operate in a real example.

10 Likes

It’s linked in the top post of this thread. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Queue

While this sucks, it actually makes sense.

Click for original post

But rumors says tracking the queue in an Alchemy lab would take a lot of storage since there are an infinite number of possible queues.

Actually that could be tweaked.

But.

SGG has NEVER let you undo an action that costs gems. Not only was Lab originally all gems according to Beta rumors but allowing only the free gem levels to undo on the live server would be confusing. So preventing any queue from speeding up or undoing makes this more in line with Epic Hero Token bundles and Epic Troop Token bundles.

Title

Perhaps add “with Shard calculator” to the title. You could also say “see below for shard calculator” earlier in the post and “see above for shard calculator” later in the post.

1 Like

I added some further indicators of what’s in the top post, both in the title, and in the top post itself.

1 Like

No, Houses can’t be converted to Alchemy Lab.

1 Like

But Advanced House CAN be converted back to a normal House.

Stronghold 21+ is just weird.

3 Likes

Sounds like some have spent the money to skip all the way to lvl 10 of the lab and are spending more on it to get stuff made and collect those alkaseltzer whatever things.

So much for changes to it.

3 Likes

It doesn’t sound like that to me. Sounds like 90% percent (made up number) of the players have absolutely no use for the Alchemy Lab and are not building it until they are forced to or wasting food and Iron otherwise.

I’m sure a select few with endless pocket books might have done so, but the majority of players have no use for the Alchemy Lab in its current form. If these select few are enough to make SGG some money, then it is unlikely to change. However, if they can see a way to make money by fixing the broken Alchemy Lab, then they might do that instead.

It all comes down to how they can see to make the most money. That is becoming clear.

2 Likes

expect about the same for the “Hero Academy”. Won’t be worth the effort and cost/reward will be insulting. The only thing I’m really seeing as a gain… is being able to level storages/mills/mines because the ham/iron production has increased. I probably won’t bother doing AL or hero lodge but the increase in resources will go to crafting items and leveling heroes.

They said in the last AMA HA will be F2P. I know the devs cannot be trusted, but I doubt they will not keep their word.

3 Likes

Sometimes i wonder if its worth to spend anything in this game.I like the game dont get me wrong and i have spent 300 euros or so with some very lucky pulls(Hel,Athena,Kunchen,Evelyn and some others) but sometimes i wonder where this game is heading and what effort and time it needs with these overpriced additions.And i dont mean money only but ham,iron etc.Without alliances this game would have ended very soon for me