🎲 [v1] Alchemy Lab FAQ, Discussion & Alkashard Calculator

Lab redesign

I think Devs expected Lab to be better received, and take less time to develop, so the could move on to other cool stuff.

Devs said Lab was a quick idea until trade could be added ( see below for actual quote). So probably no fix until after trade added. Just like all the Challenge event fixes where one big project.

Which makes sense from a development cycle perspective since every major overhaul requires untangling spaghetti code and deciphering old late night remarks from ex-employees.

Shards

Devs said they like the idea of summons shards ( see notes )

Rumors say Alchemy Lab shards were a response to Beta feedback ( yes Alchemy Lab v0.1 was rumored to be much much worse).

So Devs could now be considering shards for all non farmable items ( hero, ascension items, costumes, etc. )

Hero Academy

But if Hero Academy works. If Hero Academy actually accomplishes the Devs business goals. If Hero Academy actually accomplishes the Devs design goals. If Hero Academy actually makes players happy. Then I would expect a redesign of Alchemy Lab to make it more like Hero Academy.

This is the main reason I think Academy was pushed back.

We saw this design methodology with Suspicious Chest enemy using the design of Atlantis Rising sea dragon enemy.

We saw this with Featured costumes using the design of Featured HotM ( and Atlantis 5* heroes), in the Atlantis summons.

Using development cycles to try new ideas, then retrofit the ones that work, saves cycles, time, and most importantly money.

Notes

Click for notes

Quotes ( older quotes are less likely to reflect current plans)

FIN

6 Likes