After Telluria Comes Heimdall

No one fears a drunken Aegir in green Viking Drag.

He has nothing on Telluria and never will without a buff.

As they stand now, Telluria is the pick.

I have Heimdall, and I can hold my own vs a Tell tank whose tp is +100 over mine; however, the board must be at least average.

Tell can overcome a bad board, but Heimdall cannot for the most part

Heimdall is a rare sight and a slow hero. I never saw him as a threat.

I received the Heim on the first day of its release. Immediately pumped it to the full program and on the emblems. Since then, I have tried to use it in various game guises. Including in the role of a tank. My personal conclusion: Heim-to put it mildly, not the best option for being a tank. But My rainbow team with his participation, where he gets the support of Ariel, perfectly copes with the passage of any province of any complexity in automatic mode. In the attacking team in the war, he also does a great job. But I definitely won’t use it as a tank.

1 Like

Thank you for playing. I spend overt that 10K$ in this game. It is now time to say you GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY. I buy Telluria, another telluria!!!

Great responses, everyone. Thank you, all, for participating.

I went up against Heimdall with 17 emblems. He has attack: 704; defense: 926; and, health: 1552. Combine that with level 20+ troops and he’s a game changer. Mana troops would turn him into average speed. Defense troops put him well over 1200.

Granted, tank isn’t perfect. It likely wastes his revival and reduces the number of times his special activates. But it’s not crazy to put him there either. He’s a wall that you can support with 4 snipers. Marjana, Magni, Sartana, and Joon for example. And they’re all heroes you can get from tc20.

No mana troops don’t turn him into average.
Slow is 12
Average is 10 tiles
A mana troop drops 1 tile so 11…

Heimdall is a good tank but was still well behind prenerf telluria…

telluria still has an edge on him but heindall is a good tank if u dont have telluria and yunan is the third best green tank imho…

As of right now, post-nerf, Telly makes up 78 of top 100 tanks.

Heimdall - 2. You could argue he’s more scarce, but my guess is many people in the top 100 have had access to him.

It also tells me that the adjustment in Telly was necessary, and better for gameplay.

4 Likes

But like everyone says good luck getting Heimdall

I’d like to know where you got this info, please. I know 23 is 13% and 29 is 15% increase. And you can add 2% in emblems. Even if that isn’t equal to a boost from slow to average, it’s pretty close.

Heimdall is a beast. But, for him to reach the levels Telluria had before the nerf (we’ll see the full impact of the nerf in coming weeks), you would have to work harder to set the defence right. At the moment, with boosted health, if he fires it makes defence more bulky, and the battle lasts longer. However, there’s a great chance you’ll have charged debufer because he’s slow, so +30% of attack does not bring much advantage for a defence team. I guess you will have a healer too, if the board is not so good in case you get some punch from the rest of the crew.
So basically what he does is make a battle last longer, and does nothing to slow down attacker. You can work with the board, and if it’s a decent one, with powerful heros, you can fight through. With Telluria it was the opposite. She was taking the time from you to charge your heros, making battles shorter. Giving you very little time to recover and work with the board. That’s why I think Heimdall will never be so dominantly represented as tank.

4 Likes

It’s Called math
Slow base speed is 12 tiles
For every tile you cast with a 15% mana troop you gain 1.15…

If you cast 10 tiles you will have 11.5 out of 12 mana bar filled… even the 2% trait won’t help you enough you need 20% for a slow hero to lose 2 tiles.

Pretty close doesn’t matter unfortunately since it’s either filled or you need another full tile to fill it.

Base speeds for offense are
13.5 tiles for very slow
12 tiles for slow
10 tiles for average
8 tiles for fast
6.5 tiles for very fast

Defense is a very different on top of each tile the hero gets hit with defense teams also gain a set Amount of mana each turn.

How do you know this?
Your math is sound, I’m questioning the basis.

But, regardless of that …

Defense is what I’m talking about with Heimdall being a threat.

The original post was before the nerf. I was getting ahead of it. Do so if you wish, but I think we should talk in current terms instead of what was.

Really, this is a discussion about Heimdall and an opening to bring up any current OP hero(es). Telluria is the hot topic, best green tank, basis for comparison, and possibly the only thing in front of Heimdall. It’s my opinion that he is the next dominating force that needs to be looked at. Who gets your vote?

Flank him with Khagan, for example, and you double everyone’s hp after a few strategic matches

Just take Brynhild, she is fast and make Heimdall actually faster. Actually it is pretty good healer 2tack.
On defence flank him with Sif) Khagan is too slow.

2 Likes

Good advice.

Sif and Brynhild are dependent on specific summons’ though. I said Khagan because he’s “easier” to obtain. More of a vanilla hero, to prove how easy it is to take Heimdall to the next level.

I think than Brynhild is way easier to obtain than Khagan in summoning, but in TC20 Khagan is easier.

I’m not sure. I don’t have him, and I didn’t’ see him in action that much. It is possible that in some setup he will be very, if not too powerful. I was just contemplating about the situation, what if he simply replaces Telluria in populat defense teams. Would be tough, but more manageable than Tell. In some other defence combo, might be over the top.

1 Like