Aethers and Mats Offers - February 2022 (and beyond?)

Oh wow, had no idea it was targetted. I just bought PoV a few days ago so I dunno about stopping spending but I’m c2p so :man_shrugging:t3:

Thanks for the breakdown! I didn’t buy it but the qty of gems is same as Black Friday if I’m not mistaken so thought it’d be a good offer.

Lucky you then. I have not received that offer (yet).

Yeah the 12.500 gems is usually the clincher. Folks see the 12.500 and then forget about everything else in that offer. Lol

Update: see @BlackZed post for a more accurate calculation Aethers and Mats Offers - February 2022 (and beyond?) - #389 by BlackZed

@BlackZed attempting to do what you do. Looks like this is another one of those exclusive offers

Offer: Royal Treasures

:warning: All prices are in USD and all gem costs are from US shop

Tier 1

Gems = 500
EHT 1x = 300 Gems
WE Flasks 1x = 100 Gems
100k Food Bundle = ???

Total Gems = 900
Cost of gems from shop (USD) = $8.91
Price (USD) = $4.99
Discount = 44%

Tier 2

Gems = 3000
4AM 1x = 300 gems
3AM 1x = 150 gems

----- Crafting Mats ------
Time stops 3x = 180 gems
Dragon Attack 3x = 225 gems
Tornadoes 3x = 225 gems
Turtle Banner 5x = 250 gems
Revive Scroll 1x = 80 gems
Bomb Attack 3x = 240 gems
Timestop 3x = 180 gems

Value in gems = 4830
Cost of gems from shop (USD) = $47.82
Price (USD) = $19.99
Discount = 58%

----- Value without crafting mats (farmable or craftable) -----

Value in gems = 3450
Cost of gems from shop (USD) = $34.11
Price (USD) = $19.99
Discount = 42%

Let me know if something doesn’t look right.

2 Likes

@mrchief

I price 3/4AM based on Sergei’s offer. This one.

Rough conversion from Singapore dollars to USD:

4x 3AM S$5.98 to US$3.99
1x 3AM S$1.50 to US$1.00

Elemental 5x 4AM S$34.98 to US$24.99
1x El 4AM S$7.00 to US$5.00

Non-EL 4AM 2x S$16.98 to US$11.99
1x Non-EL AM 1x S$8.50 to US$6.00

When that offer comes around again, you can check pricing in USD.

1 Like

Date: 2 July 2022
Offer: Royal Treasures (Queen of Hearts)
Price: S$6.98 / $28.98 (Singapore Dollars)

Offer 1 $6.98
Ham 300k = $0.32
(6.5M for S$6.98, US$4.99)

Gem & Gem Equivalents = $6.66
Gems = 500
EHT = 300 gems
WE Flask = 100 gems
Value in gems = 900 => $11.50 from Shop
Discount 42%

Offer 2 $28.98
EL 4AM = $7.00
3AM 2x = $3.00

Gem & Gem Equivalents = $18.98
Gems = 3000
Turtle Banner 5x = 50 gems
Revive Scroll 1x = 24 gems
Bomb Attacks 3x = 75 gems
Time Stops 3x = 180 gems
Dragon Attacks 3x = 225 gems
Tornadoes 3x = 225 gems
Value in Gems = 3779 => $54.31 from Shop
Discount 65%

#royaltreasures

2 Likes

Not quite exclusive/targetted. This is a regular general offer appearing twice a year. My records show that it appears in early January and July, since 2021, so this is the fourth time it has appeared.

3 Likes

Thanks @BlackZed! I’m working on a sheet to catalog these - the idea being you can go and pick the items one by one and it’d give you the discount. I’ll update the value in there.

I took the gems from @VeryQuietly’s posts and this thread. Few questions:

• why is 5x turtle banner 50 gems? For me, 1x turtle is 50 from the shop.
  • SGD is 1.4x USD, at least that’s what I’m suing in my sheet. Right?
  • The AMs price is in SGD, correct? So 4AM would be USD 5.01?
  • finally, how are you calculating discount? I’m doing (54.31-28.98)/54.31 * 100 = 47%

Let me know and I’ll tweak my formulas

I didn’t get that offer. I have never received that offer actually. That’s why I commented that it was targetted.

That was not a common offer like the other general offers.

Source is correct but you need to use the cheapest price. That would be Hunter’s Special. Players who load up on items always aim for Hunter’s Special first, then offer packs and lastly, Shop.

My gem cost is based on the 4800 gems in the Singapore Dollar Shop, whereas the 10k gem offer in the USD Shop has the best value. It more or less comes back to the same discount, more or less.

Why is there a difference ? It’s because Apple has standardised packs in every currency in each country that it has a presence in. That 1.4 exchange rate doesn’t always hold true. More on this later.

As for discount, I only calculate discount for the Gem n Gem equivalents. I isolate those items that already have a known price. Those would be priced at the lowest price that I can get them from other offers.

Your formula should use $18.98, and not $28.98

I did start a pack conversion pricing to see how big the gap was for translation rates used.

USD : EURO : SGD

0.99 = ??? = 1.48
1.99 = ??? = 2.98
2.99 = ??? = 4.48
4.99 = ??? = 6.98
9.99 = ??? = 14.98
29.99 = 32.99 = 44.98
49.99 = ??? = 68.98
99.99 = ??? = 148.98

I haven’t been able to fill in values for non Shop packs, with non-regular offer pricing. Like Sergei’s offer. Need info from players in USA or EU.

You can see from the “table” above (still no idea how to create a table here) that translation rates are erratic. Ranging from a height of 1.499 to a low of 1.3799. It’s just crazy, but I have to accept them.

I think there is some miscommunication here?

I was replying to mrchief who thinks that the Royal Treasures offer is an exclusive one, but it is not, and it appears from your later post (with the picture of the offer in SGD) that you also received it.

No. Those photos were supplied by another player. You can scroll up.

Any offers to me would be in Singapore dollars. And it would be S$148.98.

I have not received that offer before. Not yet anyway.

Again, I was replying to mrchief who wrote “attempting to do what you do. Looks like this is another one of those exclusive offers” for the Royal Treasures offer (Queen of Hearts), and so it is not about the Lianna offer.

I playing non-stop, and have not received the Lianna offer in a long, long time.

(By the way, I am also from Singapore, and have often used your analysis to decide whether an offer was worth buying.)

QoH offer is a general offer to me. I have received it before but have not considered buying it. Not yet anyway. Lol

It’s nice to chat with a fellow SG player. :grin:

Thank you for reading my posts. :bowing_woman:t2:

Sorry for the confusion everyone. Yeah, the QoH is not as exclusive. Should have done my homework.

As for discount, I only calculate discount for the Gem n Gem equivalents. I isolate those items that already have a known price. Those would be priced at the lowest price that I can get them from other offers.

Much to learn, I still have.

Speaking of exclusive offers, this would be a sweet one to get :slight_smile:

Speaking of cheapest prices, zynga store offers slightly cheaper prices

Yes Zynga Store gives better values for gems.

This reduces the discount for gem & gem equivalent items in regular offers. :joy::rofl:

I’m going to start screenshotting all US offers so we can have better data. Do you want me to post them in this thread or start a new one? E.g., here’s one

Titan Fighters Pack [July 8, 2022]

Think better to start a USD offer thread. Better focus.

My analysis is here:

1 Like

Here goes nothing USD Offers Screenshots & Discussions