Aether Powers - A Study

Lol you read my mind exactly.

I was considering Khufu but the regen up isnā€™t all too good but LoLoā€™s utility makes him stand out

1 Like

While Aether power is cool, for me the hero utility (Timeless, multi-role, daily-regular use) is the most important for L90.
Coz,
If I wonā€™t use the hero frequently, why L90 ?!

Cheers !

3 Likes

The Hatter, he is has a great lb talent

3 Likes

Fiend resist sounds aweful, since it only applies to the single lv.90 hero, not the team. Heal increase is a welcome addition for Aramis.

1 Like

Certainly doesnā€™t help Arco getting the health boost from eating minions.

Hi @PlayForFun, @EmpiresPuzzles
Please verify whether the information in this link is valid post release - šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Aether Powers [Part of The Beta Beat v56]

If it has been changed & the Aether Powers have been juggled around, please share the link that will have the correct powers. :pray:t3:

I found anomalies; 2 examples - Mr Pengi & Furdinand
This link shows their aether power to be as follows.
Mr. Pengi - Special Boost (Specials +30% DMG - 6 turns)
Furdinand - Special Armor (+40% def against specials - 6 turns)

However, in the game, they show as -
Mr. Pengi - Defence Up
Furdinand - Attack Up

Please see attached screenshots

@Everyone - Please do not use this sheet till we have confirmation. It may need to be reworked. :frowning::man_shrugging:

3 Likes

It is ridiculous that SGG doesnā€™t release an up to date list currently, and as these change (as they said they expected to need to make changes as things played out). Instead they are just feeding the flames of outrageā€¦

2 Likes

Staff yet to confirm.

Basically, I find that the Aether Powers are an eyewash for most part (with the exception of a miniscule few)

If they have been changed, they are rendered further useless
E.g.; Pengi would do better with the original ā€˜Special Boostā€™, being a fast hero & likewise for Furdinand who is a support hero with ā€˜Special Armorā€™
but
the new ones (as seen in the game) have rendered them unfit for 2lb

do you think it is worth 2LBing some heroes just for the stat boost? although given how rare alpha aethers could be, I honestly donā€™t know. Iā€™m waiting until the dust settles myself.

agreeā€¦ would be great and helpful if we could just get a list. Hero, Aether power. the endā€¦

1 Like

Havenā€™t 2LB any hero but even when evaluating options & best fit, such changes really csrew the plan.
The cost 8s just too much & am done with their insatiable greed.
Actually, Iā€™m on the fence with these Aether Powers coming in & may quit.
Wouldā€™ve quit if I had opted out of war!

Then the thought of studying the powers came up & did it but again the wonderful company has thrown yet another spanner in the works
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Here you can find a more accurate list, where you can see the latest changes by Staff:

These are correct there.

Ps: I have started to update hero card topics with the Aether Power.
So far I have time jut for the ailment-immunity heroes, but I will continue to do it for all other heroes.
And of course the new hero/costume topics released this week are also having these information.

So when this work is complete, then you can search for the hero on the forum, and you will able to see the Aether Power for it.

I have also started to add hero stats for LB1, LB2 and Costume bonus 1-2 where applicable.

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad you decided to stay for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ailment reflexion or block for 6 turns is insaneā€¦

Who knows :smirk:
Plan right now is to stay till the war is over, donā€™t want to leave my alliance in a lurch.
Anyway, thanks!

1 Like

I think most of the Aether Powers are more or less irrelevant.

Some exceptions:

1.) A very fast sniper like Khonshu will profit quite a lot from increased special damage and the improved stats. But that is mainly because he charges 50 % mana when he kills so thereā€™s a decent chance you can fire him more than once within 6 turns to make the most out of it.

2.) The Staat boost will be very interesting for DoT Heroes. Heroes like Serandite who have insane burn damage already will get even better.

3.) Attack up in general is useful as long as speed is fast.

4.) Ailment reflection, fiend resist are always useful but of course wonā€™t be game breaking.

5.) Auto Taunt is great for attacking but without the def boost taunt wonā€™t nearly be as effective in def.

In general looking at them they were not worth the fuss that was made about them. With a few adjustments it could even turn into an interesting addition.

4 Likes

Please find the updated/revised excel file (per @PlayForFun 's link - [Master Discussion] - Second Limit Breaking with Alpha Aethers and Aether Gifts - Guide, Sharing & Discussion - #2 by PlayForFun)

Most are truly useless powers - fast attack heroesā€™ power changed from attack-up (or similar) to defence up, defensive support heroesā€™ power changed from defence-up (or similar) to attack-up, etc etc ā€” rendering them irrelevant for 2LB (considering the cost - Aether2, Normal Aethers, Ascension Mats, etc).

Better avoided!!!

Excel file - Loading Google Sheets

1 Like

Thanks for the tag. And your hard work!

I havenā€™t thought much on the Alpha Aethers since their launch into live game. Or visited forum much either since I expected an explosion of threads, posts and all things dynamic. I was not disappointed.

I will read the master threads later this weekend to decide if I want to use my free 10 AA or just ignore the entire situation, since I am slowing down even further.

There are no flames :fire: of any types.

I havenā€™t felt any need to know anything, if I donā€™t have that hero & unless I am facing the hero.

For both scenarios, I can get information real-time, as it has been built into the game !

Soon latest & more info will be outā€¦. As always happens :grinning:

ā€œI need that info nowā€ OR else :fire: outrage :fire::man_facepalming:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

Personally I think that the aether powers are just a nice bonus that are sometimes usefull, but most of the time probably makes no real diffence at all. My 2nd LB will be mostly based on simply increasing the stats of my most usefull heroes. Still undecided whoā€™s that gonna beā€¦

1 Like