Aegir: Why the disparity in opinions?

If you reverse the situation, having only Kiril and facing an enemy with only Aegir left, you might time out before being able to kill Aegir as well :wink:

I think ur question has been answered with enough diversity of opinion for people to make up their own minds about Aegir.

I’d like to strongly defend the 7DD ratings. Agree with them or not, they are a baseline that is extremely useful for players at every level of the game.

I don’t agree with many of their ratings - for the stage I am at especially - but by crikey I am so happy that they have made the effort to create this table.

It is a rolled gold touchstone reference for E&P. Anyone who disagrees with this should make the effort to create their own rating system.

I refer to @anchor ratings daily and can’t imagine a time in the game when I won’t.

It’s OK to disagree with the ratings but please appreciate the love of the game, and the effort that has gone into creating it. They have done a great service to the E&P community

2 Likes

@anchor ratings are very useful because they are to some degree based on objective numbers. This enables you to look at your own heroes and assess which one would be most powerful in any given role. They also have their shortcomings, because a hero is always part of a team and if you make your teams right you get synergy, making the sum of two B’s an A+. But you can hardly fault @anchor for that, because synergy takes two (2!) heroes, and then you no longer have an individual hero rating right?

But let’s talk Aegir. As it happens Aegir has strong stats, high objective numbers, so it’s no surprise he gets a high rating because of that. On paper, he’s a strong tank, the strongest tank on blue even. That amounts to something allright. He does get the rating he deserves, on paper.

The disparity happens when you take him off the paper into the real game. Because heroes do not stand alone, they are part of your hero roster, and part of your teams. Main causes for the disparity are:

1. Guinevere is still a better tank
  2. Other 5 star blue heroes are better/more useful at their specific role
  3. It takes a mainly blue hero team to get the best synergy with Aegir and that’s not ‘fit for all’

So these three factors reduces the desirability of Aegir a lot, specifically for those players that have a Guinevere and all the other blue 5 star heroes.

5 Likes

Thank you for a really well expressed summary of Aegir. I have him at 2/60 and am now levelling Magni to same. Who gets next ascension depends on who I draw next, but also on my monitoring of opinions like yours, 7DD etc. Thanks again

1 Like

Magni over aegir. Even if aegir was a better defensive tank, it wouldnt change my opinion on this

2 Likes

I agree with you about @Anchor’s guide.

But I think we really have to completely forget about it, and talk specfically about Aegir, and how good/bad he is.

Now, about this:

I have Aegir, and even when he is my first 5* blue hero, I just can´t find a good use for him, other than red titans.

I don’t have Guinevere, I have 5*s: Domitia, Khiona and Zimkitha (been REALLY lucky last three months!!!), and Aegir just doesn’t seem to really stand out in any aspect fo the game.

Kashhrek is better protecting his two flanks.

Wilbur is better helping keep EVERYONE alive, and even damaging enemy.

Khiona is much better in offense, since she buffs her flanks attack.

Domitia deals great damage and debuffs.

Zimkitha attacks, cleans and buffs attack (very little, but it helps)

Aegir in the end is not bad hero, but IMO a HOTM that has only one use should be way, way better than any regular hero in that specific role.

And Aegir is not.

1 Like

Have you tried stacking khiona and zim with aegir? Him+buffers is best use I’ve found so far

1 Like

Aegir is in a secondary account along with Domitia and Triton.

The way I compare them with Khiona and Zim is just trying to put them in similar situations.

I usually put Aegir between Triton and Boldtusk, and with Wu’s buff they heal really, really fast.

the problem is that, as titans grow stronger, the 3 allies damage share starts becoming an issue, because 3 damages split between… 3 heroes!!! With no defense buff, Triton and BT depend entirely on power buffs to keep living, and Wu is… Wu.

1 Like

I dont think i would put triton next to aegir, as you’ve seen his defense isnt nearly high enough to handle the shared damage, do you have kiril?

1 Like

The way I see it, Aegir doesn’t go on a defense team, but on a raid/attack team.

For his ability to shine, he needs to be controlled by a human player that can decide which skill triggers when and who attacks and makes the most of his healing effect.

When timed correctly, he is the best healer in the game and can make your central 3 heroes almost invincible.

But on a defense team he is a bit underwhelming, and not an A in my mind. He depends a lot on CPU luck about when he fires his special and who attacks in the next 3 turns.

1 Like

No, that drunk old man has evaded me from the very beginning.

Right now my best lineup in that account is Triton, Kashhrek, Boldtusk, Domitia and Wu Kong, I use them in that specific order.

then for red titans I just take Kashhrek out and place Aegir in the middle.

Other than that, I just have a bunch of 3*s.

Aegir is probably the most controversial hotm.
I think it shows that this hero have a problem and need a small editing (undispellable green protection or more turns … etc)

1 Like

BUT, even in offense, if you want him and his flanks to heal, you need to launch their color tiles, and sometimes it’s not the best color to use, so you need to decide whether you want to kill an enemy, or save Aegir and his flanks.

That’s exactly my problem with Aegir, he is not as efficient as Kashhrek on that task.

The only way to make him popular is that every time you fire his special, he randomly give you free Epic Hero token or 4* ascension mats, ofcourse like every in this game , you get 30% chance.

3 Likes

Are you saying he’s the new Messiah, because he can heal the crippled.

No, he is the Anti-Messiah, because he CRIPPLES the healed.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for the stars to align to see if he’s worth the ham and mats to level.

Kashrek can do that on an defense team, but if you have ever used him on an offense team you probably realised he is worthless.

Aegir is the Kashrek version of an offensive team

I think they’re scheduled for 600 years from now.

But SGG might just code some miracle…