Aegir: Why the disparity in opinions?

Agree with you there. Not everyone has an arsenal of 5* to choose from. Perhaps we also need ratings for the average Joe too

2 Likes

I like Aegir. People hate on the guy because his special isn’t a sexy game-changer. When used strategically, he keeps his neighbor damage-dealers alive long enough to seal the victory. Stud hero? Nope… Useful? Absolutely!

As far as those grades… very useful, but you’re bound to find some that you disagree with because of your play style. For me, I like to Mana-control the tank. So Natalya (a B hero that gets very little love) is a must-have in (most of) my raid lineups. Albi and/or Zeline have no chance when she’s paired w/ Gravemaker so she’s an A+ to me.

3 Likes

The problem is that an “average Joe” can’t create an encompassing guide because they won’t have access to all of the heroes to rank them. We can’t define the average player as someone with a limited number of heroes but also expect them to grade all of them.

Something like this should really be crowd-sourced so that you get multiple ratings from dozens of players.

Hey, it’s not as if Anchor does it all on his lonesome. Anyone willing to do the work can solicit, compile, and publish “average Joe” ratings.

Sharing damage is a good thing that can help on the most extreme situation.
His elemental defense buff help him surviving to his weak element.

His buff is too short to provide substantial benefits and his heal to be effective should either last longer or the special should charge faster. Due to the lack of an allround damage reduction (that every other similar hero have) mechanic it should help.

2 Likes

Ok, let’s see if people will contribute to a crowd-sourced alternative.

Google Forms Based Rankings

I’ve put together an “open” ranking system using Google Forms and Google Docs. The document has links for each hero. The first link is to the analytics for that hero and the second is to the form itself so people can contribute.

For this first pass I’ve kept it simple:

• Only 5 star heroes
  • Scoring is limited to Raid Attack, Raid Defense, and Titans on a 1-5 scale

If people want to use this tool, I’ll add 4 stars later, but let’s gauge the interest in having this as an alternative ranking system first.

5 Likes

What about the underpower Boss Wolf.

I have him too, and I am in the exact same position.

If he is not buffed at least a little bit, will not spend more materials nor feeders in him.

He was useful only for red titans, but when I moved my account from a 5* to a 9* titan alliance, suddenly he is one of the first to go, and he ends up being a burden for Boldutsk, rather than helping him.

Do you have him? how do you use him to get good results? Completely maxed? surrounded by whom?

If you could share your experience it would be of great help.

Without buffers he’s pretty useless from what I’ve seen. It takes attack buffers to make his heals have any value, and it takes at least a defense buffer to keep him alive(i overwrote aegirs special with wilburs special a few times and had much better results than using just aegir)

I also think too many people are giving too much weight to 7DD. They are an amazing group, but they are a small sample of players and their focus is at the very top-tier of the game. Notice that the 3* updates are still blank?

If your someone who values resources, by all means grab what you can. I am that way too. 7DD is an amazing resource, but just one.

Have you every watched the members of 7DD play? Looked at their defense teams? You will notice that even they do not follow the list to the letter. You see a lot of use of “B” and even some “C” heroes.

1 Like

Funnily enough, you don’t actually need an average Joe to do an average Joe rankings or guide

You just need someone like Anchor to set some parameters. Eg when rating a 5*, assume that the rest of the team are normal or vanilla 4*.

In that context how does the 5* hero fare?

Although I wouldn’t mind seeing average Joe ratings ie ratings from average Joes😂

1 Like

Review both sides then form your own opinion.

Which is exactly what I was trying to do with this thread, but everyone seems to want to debate the merits of 7DD, instead of the merits of the hero. :unamused: The only reason I brought up the 7DD rating is that I hoped someone would have some insight into their thinking, or the situations in which Aegir might prove more useful.

Thank you to those who did share your observations, experiences, and opinions about Aegir. Your input has been helpful.

1 Like

Can I ask, do you use Wilbur special to share the damage, but you take Aegir for HP to keep the team alive ?

I have done that a few times just trying different hero combos, and it worked alright

Thanks, I never would think to use Aegir like that, I thought his special does more harm than good to his flankers.
I’m open mind with Aegir for now, just think he’s unfairly compare to Guin, I think w
He will great in event.

1 Like

Aegir is very average, let’s face it.
The question is whether each HotM must be great? It was’t and probably will not be :slight_smile:
Probably it looked like it was initially:
obraz
it would be definitely better and I think that’s why people are fighting for it. I have it myself and for the time being I am not digging into the 4th level, however, because I never have a problem with him (my ofensive time is: Liniana, Magni, Joon, Obakan and wu kong)

Making him useful on offense isnt hard since player manipulation of his special skill is easy to do. Defense on the other hand is the challenging part due to AI controlled special skills and aegir relying heavily on buffs from others to be viable

3 Likes

I don’t think he was design for offense. So it’s an accident that we use him for offense, would be so ironic that the crowd ask SG to buff him because he’s OP…lol…

End game i had only aegir and my ennemy only kiril …
Well i had no solution to kill kiril (4*) i lost game
Aegir is too static it s not really a healer not a hitter, no effect on ennemies no reflect damages … just tiles damage … i have him and i m disappointed.

3 Likes