Aegir Hero of the month grading

The real difference with Guinevre is that your chance of winning the raid after a single shot of her special drops significantly due to the mana cutting.
This means YOU HAVE TO kill her before she shoot.

With Aegir this kind of problem don’t exist, and your chance to win with a reasonable board are the same before or after shooting his special.

Thank You !

An unfavorable board can make any tank unbeatable. You can’t factor that in into a tank’s strength.

Anchor, I like that your working hard for the PR department. Whether put up to it or not. But what we want is a tank. A real tank. A tank good enough that alliances aren’t always running yellow tanks in war. Can you pass that along for the population please? Thanks.

1 Like

I disagree with the fundamental notion that Guin HAS to be killed before she fires. A very large majority of my wins on Guin are after she fires. Guins biggest weakness is that she does no damage. If you have a bad board, then dont avoid Guin, ram her with your bad tiles, get her charged and fire before you actually build up mana on your heroes. And charge up your heroes after to take her down. A lot of people hope for the best and use their best tiles on Guin to try and kill her before she fires without being sure they can actually kill her with those tiles. And then they are left in a very bad situation where Guin just fired and dropped your mana, and you have no follow up moves on the board to build that mana back up. This is THE most common way people lose to Guin.

21 Likes

I can definetely try your strategy, but i’m really pessimist about the fact it may working without having Panther.

And many of us do not have her.

Thank you very much for your work, very appreciated as always * . *

my next project can be to use it using different heroes. Let me know which heroes you want me to try and I can make a youtube video trying it out.

3 Likes

I would like to see you try with a rainbow team without hel or panther

Try with Sabina and Tiburtus. Try with a 2 purples max. At least 1 being a 4 star. Like a real war situation where they’re running yellow tanks, and you can’t blow 3 purple every attack. How about checking your win rate on that?

22 of your 30 have a Guin center. That’s not coincidence. Last week it was 18 of 30. Any casual observer can see you’re working towards a defense of 30 Guin tanks.

Up to you, but not incredible good teams that only top players could use.
A more “average” mixed team of 4* and 5* could work.

And if i may ask for something, not incredibly good boards after she shoot, just a good normal board.

I would LOVE to see a video where the flanks and wings don’t change but inly the center tank is rotated out.

I would like to see this the other way arround as well with defensive teams but without having a replay view this would be difficult to produce. But with plenty of teams with cookie cutter builds maybe you could try a build of your choosing and swap out center tanks to show a comparable difference?

Mostly Two gravemakers flanked aegir. Because of this i took aeron and vivica with me and because of that i took those Two healers with me i doubeld those Colours.

Thats the reason Why my line up was always grave, joon, aeron, sartana, vivica. In the last Days i fought 4 times against aegir and won all 4 fights with this line up.

If people want the best tank then they need to get Guinevere. I think most of us are spoiled in the notion that if the tank isn’t as good as Guinevere, then it is a bad tank. That’s just not the case. I even in the video state that it is not better than Guin. I’ll even submit that Gravemaker is better as well currently. There is absolutely true potential for this hero to be a great tank and even better it has more practical usage in versatility than Guin.

Chatter comes from “if you dispel him, he’s bad.” That notion is true for a lot of heroes, just the same as buffing your own team counteracts a lot of teams.

As far as the video and making videos with him on defense or using him with low level heroes, that just comes from a time standpoint. Making a video too long has issues also I don’t have a level 50 Aegir. Testing it with relevant heroes around it with its relevant level gives the most balanced feel to the hero. If I would have made the video with him at tier 2 level 40 with other heroes the other half of the community would be upset because they don’t see him fully leveled with his true potential.

Never the less I truly appreciate all the feedback on the videos, as I do strive to make things the most relevant to the community and try and help in the most impactful ways that I know how to.

5 Likes

Thank you for your work Anchor. It has ensured that Aegir will never get buffed and I don’t have to worry about getting him for my bench just in case. I appreciate that.

hmm not going to say you’re wrong. but i have managed to beat guinevere even with a sub par board.

wasnt attempting to compare the 2. just dont think the “if you’re board was better; a specific hero wouldnt be an issue” argument really holds any water because that could be said about any hero even guinevere

It is curious that you say, because it is true, that GVM is a better tank, in fact it is the second best. But it is not a tank, it is a pure attack hero, but so uneven that it is worth everything and it is Op for everything. You saw Wolf, you saw Aegir and you did not see the imbalance of GVM? Forgive that I do not believe it.

Ok, not one to blindly follow others I went in and did my own research. Just now on 10/192018 @ 1:30 eastern Time zone. Below are the results of each and every team in the top 100. There is ONE … just 1 Aegir out of the 100 teams (500 heroes) which is an abysmal 0.02% representation that is one fifth of one percent! I will leave my entire research listed below but you will see there are ten times (10x ) more likely to face a 4* hero than Aegir.

Surprising is gravemaker has double the representation that gueniver has. Persseus has 5x the representation than that of Aegir.

If you look at the representation below and see the same names over and over again (Guinevere, gravemaker, alasie, zeline, Delilah etc.) And Aegir is an “A” hero what the hell are the heros rated that have over 500% more representation in the top 100!?

Without further delay below is the exact pool I had at the time of this message for the top 100 world wide:

G. Panther Alasie Guinevere Zeline Red Hood
Sartana Zeline GraveMaker Drake Fong Alasie
Alasie Drake Fong GraveMaker Zeline Sartana
Alasie Drake Fong GraveMaker Zeline Sartana
G. Panther GraveMaker Guinevere Hel Sartana
Alberich Alasie GraveMaker Musashi Hel
G. Panther Zeline Guinevere Magni Sartana
Isarnia Zeline Marjana Lianna Delilah
Alberich Alasie GraveMaker Drake Fong G. Panther
Alasie Zeline Guinevere GraveMaker Sartana
Obakan Athena Alberich Elena Joon
Perseus Zeline Guinevere GraveMaker Thoth-Amun
Zeline Magni GraveMaker Sartana Delilah
Gregorion GraveMaker Guinevere Alasie Sartana
Kiril (4*) Lianna GraveMaker Quintus Justice
Musashi Zeline GraveMaker Magni Lianna
Hel Musashi GraveMaker Alasie Zeline
Sartana Isarnia GraveMaker Rumplestilskin Lianna
Alasie GraveMaker Guinevere Zeline Sartana
Delilah Khiona GraveMaker Zeline Isarnia
G. Panther Joon Guinevere Drake Fong Thoth-Amun
G. Panther Zeline Guinevere GraveMaker G. Panther
Gregorion Alasie GraveMaker Vivica Sartana
Elkanen Magni Delilah Elena Kiril (4*)
GraveMaker Delilah Boss Wolf Zeline Isarnia
Zeline Magni Guinevere Alberich Marjana
Alberich Athena GraveMaker Hel Joon
Zeline Magni Guinevere Sartana Marjana
Bloodtusk (4*) Sartana GraveMaker Pereus Masashi
Sartana Zeline Richard Red Hood Joon
Obakan Delilah Khagan Kadilen Joon
G. Panther Zeline Guinevere GraveMaker Sartana
Azlar Zeline Khiona Drake Fong Lianna
Kiril (4*) Gormek (4*) Delilah Obakan Zeline
Alasie Obakan Guinevere GraveMaker Sartana
Sartana Alasie Guinevere GraveMaker G. Panther
Lianna King Arthur GraveMaker Sartana Vivica
Alberich GraveMaker Alasie Delilah G. Panther
Delilah Aeron Alasie GraveMaker G. Panther
Isarnia Joon GraveMaker Sartana Lianna
G. Panther Zeline GraveMaker Rana Sartana
Zeline Obakan Richard MarJana Rigard (4*)
Athena Zeline Guinevere MarJana Hel
Alberich Sartana Musashi Alasie Marjana
Alberich Sartana Musashi Alasie Marjana
Alasie Zeline Guinevere GraveMaker Sartana
Gregorion Sartana Delilah Aeron Marjana
Magni Zeline GraveMaker Lianna Alasie
Khiona Zeline GraveMaker Gregorian Delilah
Sartana GraveMaker Delilah Alasie Zeline
G. Panther GraveMaker Guinevere King arthur Zeline
Elena G. Owl Boss Wolf Alasie Tarlak
G. Panther GraveMaker Guinevere Hel G. Panther
Gregorion Sargasso Ares Richard Delilah
Gregorion Alasie GraveMaker Aeron Joon
Alasie Delilah Zeline Magni Sartana
Natalya Alasie GraveMaker Vivica Gregorian
G. Panther Alasie Ares Zeline Drake Fong
Alasie GraveMaker Delilah Sartana Morgan LrFay
Drake Fong Alberich GraveMaker Pereus Thoth-Amun
Alberich GraveMaker Guinevere Sartana Alasie
Alberich Magni GraveMaker G. Panther Joon
Joon Elkanen Alasie Bloodtusk (4*) Domitia
Isarnia Lianna GraveMaker Delilah Domitia
Rigard (4*) Gregorian GraveMaker Alasie Joon
G. Panther GraveMaker Guinevere Zeline Magni
Delilah Natalya Aegir Gregorian Sargasso
Alasie Obakan Delilah Aeron GraveMaker
Azlar Sartana Guinevere Magni Elkanen
Sartana Magni GraveMaker Joon Gregorian
Sartana Zeline Guinevere Magni GraveMaker
Lianna Alasie Guinevere Khiona Marjana
GraveMaker Hel Delilah Khiona Zeline
Alberich GraveMaker Rana Zeline Alasie
Alasie Zeline GraveMaker Sartana Joon
Kadilen Delilah GraveMaker Morgan LeFay Drake Fong
Perseus Lianna Aeron Drake Fong Marjana
Zeline Sartana Guinevere GraveMaker Alasie
Gregorion Perseus Khagan Justice Sartana
Lianna Magni Delilah Ares Hel
Sartana Drake Fong Alasie Gregorian Marjana
Alasie GraveMaker Guinevere Zeline Sartana
Isarnia GraveMaker Guinevere Zeline Sartana
Tarlak Alasie GraveMaker Kiril (4*) Sartana
Lianna Delilah GraveMaker Zeline Magni
Alberich Alasie Delilah GraveMaker Sartana
Musashi Magni Hel GraveMaker Lianna
Zeline Hel Guinevere GraveMaker G. Panther
Alberich G. Panther Ares Zeline King Arthur
Marjana Zeline Guinevere GraveMaker Sartana
Magni Zeline Guinevere GraveMaker Sartana
Sartana Alasie GraveMaker Vivica Gregorian
Lianna Joon GraveMaker Magni Alberich
Hel Drake Fong GraveMaker Lianna Perseus
Alasie GraveMaker Guinevere Magni Thoth-Amun
Zeline Aeron Guinevere GraveMaker Rumpelstiltskin
Hel Drake Fong GraveMaker Lianna Perseus
Alberich Hel Guinevere Hel GraveMaker
Isarnia Bloodtusk (4*) Guinevere Sartana Azlar
Lady Locke Delilah GraveMaker Alasie Sargasso

If you look at the above data Gueniver and Gravemaker make up nearly 70% of the main tanks in the center position!

Why is this allowed to continue then? If we can not have heroes on equal footings how can this continue?

The trees do not let us see the forest, Geneva is a niche hero, only defensive, gin was the excuse, not the cause. The game, above, although a lot of gin is used, revolves around the most unbalanced character of e & p, gravemaker and the original Aegir tank was a first level anti gvm, that is the reason why in Beta, except for some like Zero, caused Your nerf interested.