Advice for New Players, or "All the things I wish someone had told me when I first started."

I haven’t figured out how to upgrade my troops that do the actual fighting. How is that done.?

When you reach stronghold level 10, you have the option to convert one of your buildings to a barracks. The building you convert needs to be at least level 5. I suggest a forge. You need a free builder to do it, but it only takes 10 seconds. You can convert back and forth at will, for free.

In the barracks, you can level up your troops by feeding them other troops in the same color. This takes a crapton of food and feeder troops, so don’t waste resources leveling anything other than 4* troops. Save at least one of each troop type in 2* and above so you have them for Events. Just don’t level them

Hey all!

I’ve reached level 11 with my stronghold and realize you need to get to 15 to build all the buildings. Should i concentrate on getting to 15 or take time to level all my farms / iron mines / and focus on my hero’s?

At level 11 it is probably wise to get your farms and mines to that level, especially that it doesn’t take that much time. I’d take keep doing that till ~15 level.

Me, up until level 17 I was levelling up all my mines and farms right after I finished getting my stronghold to that level.

But I have realized that even with the training camps creating heroes all the time, and with constantly using 2 of my VIP builders, I am unable to spend all the food and iron generated. I was having a surplus I could not gather all the time.

So my advice is - as long as you don’t have serious trouble with getting enough iron and food for your purposes, I’d rather recommend to build storages. Especially getting the iron storages to 18 is needed to have enough room for iron needed for Stronghold level 20. Food storage is not needed that much as you probably spend it. If you see “storage full” too often when trying to harvest the resources, it is a signal that you probably shouldn’t waste time on levelling them for a while.

Thank you Suicide Bunny.

I do find issues with iron and food shortages as i am constantly leveling my buildings as well as my hero’s. I have almost all my farms to level 11 and it seems like everything is taking forever because i have my 4* hero team waiting on their first ascensions.

I am finding it difficult to make choices between leveling farms, storages, strongholds, and tc’s At this point. Like what is the most important!!! Ahhh

I appreciate the advice and any more will be greatly appreciated!

I’d go in this order:

Stronghold
Iron storage to level 18
Food storage to level 14
Training camp #1
Farms
Mines
Forge #1
Rest of training camps to 11
Repeat until SH20

Don’t waste food researching any TC levels other than 2, 3, 4, 11, 13, 19 and 20

To build SH20, you’ll need all your iron storage at 18
To research TC20, you’ll need all your food storage at 14, I think

Should i ignore leveling my hero’s? Or this is together? I’m eager to ascend my 4*’s!

You don’t need iron for your heroes, and you don’t need food for any buildings except mines and watchtower. You can do both

Can i subscrie? The Day after i fed Bane to Onatel
I had to put together a war team. No Bane, No blue Hero, no team=no war.

So, I’ve been variously a F2P or C2P player since April 2018.

I didn’t spend anything for the first two months, while I decided if I was going to stick with the game or not. Once I decided I was, it was important to me to contribute something to a game that gave me so much entertainment and social interaction. My small way of saying “Thanks” to SG. I want to help this product to survive.

But even so, I took the cheapskate option and purchased VIP one month at a time, and let 1-2 weeks pass before renewing it. My logic being that I would maximise my $ by stringing it out as long as possible.

At the moment I am C2P, I buy enticing offers that are good value to me, and the VIP Pass. So let’s say around Australian$15 per month (which ends up being WAAAAAY more than I’ve ever spent on a game - apart form Pinball, Space Invaders, Pacman, Donkey Kong and Galaga across the 1970s/80s/90s - but that mostly wasn’t my money. Lol)

Now, close to 10 months into the game, I feel great about where I am at. I have the buildings I want at Level 20 (SH / TC / Forges / Storage / Farms / Houses) already there. And I’m about to wind back closer to the C2P / F2P border because I also feel like I have plenty of 5* / 4* / Event and HOTM, and mats, to keep me content (and levelling!) for a long time. The “shiny new hero” / “Gotta Catch them all” aspect is beyond my financial interest in the game. I know I have the heroes to compete very deep at my disposal already. The rest is (very welcome!) cream on top.

I’m also in a brilliant alliance that I’m growing with. We’re doing great! And most of us, most of the time, are happy.

SOOO… this led me to thinking: What is the best advice you can give to new and middle level players about the game, based on your experience.

And I mean everything from purchases, to lessons learned, to missed opportunities, to “things I wish I knew then, what I know now”.

Let’s call it an “E&P Primer”. As the post title says: “What would you tell your younger E&P self…?”

I’l kick things off by saying that although I don’t regret a single cent I’ve spent on the game (and there are more of those than I feel comfortable with), the best investment - for me - was finding an alliance I am at home in. There were a few missteps, but… persevering with the inevitable personal frictions and conflicts, to end up with a group of people that I feel I can grow with was worth the journey. Many I see now as friends.

I’m not intending to be weepy eyed about this… but what is the one thing that you wish you could tell your younger E&P self?

Please interpret this broadly because my preference is that we cover the whole range of issues, obstacles, challenges and rewards. Don’t let my choice skew your thinking.

Let’s have at it!

“Do not use epic hero tokens unless there is a seasonal pull”

I couldn’t agree more! Excellent advice!

Don’t start playing this game.
It will costs you too much time that you could have used way better by sleeping on the couch

Bless! Also great advice!

“Dont click on the add about Empires & Puzzles that u saw while waiting on the airport, Its a trap”

Don’t put any money for summons. Use it for 4* stuff offers.

Interesting… so you feel you’ve done OK with those offers? (I’ve never purchased one, so I wouldn’t know)

Well… there is that! Lol!

I bought everything to be able to up one 5* of each color. I’m really glad I did it cause now that I got 4 x 5*, I know that I can max them without any problem of waiting years for items.

Wasted way too much money for summoning to get nothing tho.

This. All of it.

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/advice-for-new-players-or-all-the-things-i-wish-someone-had-told-me-when-i-first-started/34432?u=npnky