Advice for New Players, or "All the things I wish someone had told me when I first started."

I just want to say THANK YOU!!! I started playing 1 week ago, and I’m doing ok for never having played any kind of game like this ever. BUT, there was so much great advice!!! And I now understand so much more. I literally read every post and reply and I’m so glad I did. I’ve never put much effort into learning games but I’m quite active- it’s even surprising me- how much I’m enjoying this game. So, I will continue to follow everyone’s advice and tips and I say thank you again!

I also want to say I’m amazed at how friendly and generous everyone is with helping the rest of us learn. Even if I’ve had to google some of the things said, sorry I’m really not a gamer before this game, but I’m learning and I love it.

I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I have been!

4 Likes

This may be just a slight dated however still valuable Where do I as a Player have Control?

As well I have started a FAQ on TM: SELECT FAQS

And at request of members assembling a QUICK LINK MENU for the site itself.

4 Likes

thank you all for the great information here. i’m just over a week and building SH10 atm. earlier i read that i can train troops once the stronghold is built, so i decided to start searching for newbie info here. [duh, should have came in the first day].

anyways, someone mentioned earlier in this thread about not feeding weak colors to strong colors while leveling heroes. would someone please care to expand and explain? yes, i have fully ascended and trained a 1* and a 2* lol but i needed the healing of Sharan and the less expensive training for Jenneh has made her one of the strongest of team so far [we are a young team] and Sharan has since been moved to team 2 since I pulled Rigard. Tomorrow i was planning on feeding both a Renfeld and Balthazar since I had duplicates. I know that feeding the same color adds a 2% chance to improve special ability so i have been trying to do that as much as possible. —but based on this thread, feeding them should be a no? also, i have received multiple max lvl trainer heroes [i can’t remember if they were titan loot or AW?] but i was thinking of feeding them since it appears that they will make my hero jump even faster than the 1st level 3*

my alliance doesn’t really talk, but i’m grateful that i have received some replies when i decided to ask some questions. but seeing all of these alliances that are either invite-only or needed a crazy number of cups for a newbie—i was glad to find an alliance that was open newbie with request to hit titans. [darn the hydras for kicking my bum!] lol

again, thanks for this thread. it’s been extremely valuable this evening.

1 Like
  1. Don’t feed away any 3* heroes until you have at least 30 better ones for wars and quests. Even Renfeld, as bad as he is, will be better than your 2*.
  2. If you feed same color heroes (red to red, blue to blue), it doubles your chances of skill up. Off color is 1% per star, same color is 2% per star.
  3. Save your trainer heroes for the last 10 levels or so, after the special skill is 8/8. You’ll get a lot more experience out of them, but no better chance of getting a skill up.
2 Likes

thanks for that NPNKY. i can’t tell you how tempting it is to eat those trainers lol. so this morning, i’ll put away renfeld and the trainers from the breakfast plates lol

what do people mean by strong colors and weak colors? is it just that you want to train with same colors or does it mean something different?

i have another hour before my SH is upgraded and i’m so excited this morning to start raising my TC. this thread has been fantastic.

1 Like

Each color is strong against one color and weak against one color. The other three are neutral. Tiles of a strong color do double damage to mobs and heroes. Tiles of a weak color do half damage. Neutral colors do normal damage.

It’s important to note that unless the description specifically states otherwise, special attacks from heroes are not color dependent.

Red tiles: strong against green, weak against blue, neutral against red, yellow and purple
Green tiles: strong against blue, weak against red, neutral against green, yellow and purple
Blue tiles: strong against red, weak against green, neutral against blue, yellow and purple
Yellow tiles: strong against purple, weak against yellow, neutral against red, blue, and green
Purple tiles: strong against yellow, weak against purple, neutral against red, blue, and green.

If you think about elements, it makes sense.
Fire is strong against grass and weak against water
Water is strong against fire and weak against grass
Grass is strong against water and weak against fire
Dark is strong against light and weak against dark
Light is strong against dark and weak against light.

If you still struggle to remember it, there’s a reminder in the top left corner of your battle screen.

6 Likes

thank you —that is good to know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

One more question…on the specials such as the druid’s companion. Does it eat the damage dealt to her or does it have a different benefit such as adding defense? Atm, she’s my strongest green character but i pulled a 3*, yesterday so i was thinking that I’m done putting resources into her.

The companion? You mean the Thorn Minion? It’s a meat shield.

Lol that’s one way to call it.

1 Like

Ok. All right. But how happpend after 2 monte I can ingrease the heroes from lvl60 to lvl70 because after a lote chests from titans, war, wanted mision I am not receveided compass. I have 13 heros epics and I waiting a compass. I am vip player but I think will closed this games.

1 Like

This is a slow-paced game. Rare AM are difficult to find at first. Make sure you complete all rare quests, open mystic visions ASAP, and keep grinding to fill chests quickly. The most important thing to do to increase your rare AM is to hit bigger titans harder. Build up a solid 3* squad and join an alliance that is hitting titans at the edge of your current capability. Big titans drop better loot.

1 Like

I have my aliance. Down bigger titans, win the wars, that is frustrants for me. I know ppl join most recetly, not vip and take 2 legentary herouse and I than take vip can’t loot and simple compas.

Theres a lot of luck in this game. One month you get the Hero of the Month with anfree token; another month, 120 draws arent enough. Law of large numbers says, keeping grinding—give yourself as many chances at a lucky draw as possible.

1 Like

Doesn’t mether after expire vip I will delete the accont.

How do I get my hero to pick which hero to attack with their special skill

Tap on the target hero first. A white circle will appear. Then fire the special

1 Like

What do you mean - learn to stack colours? And how do I do that?

How do I set up a good defence team? Where do I learn that?

3 Likes