Advice for New Players July 2020

Always remember, it’s a game. Don’t set expectations high, you will lose. Don’t chase heroes, you will lose. Be happy with what you get and learn to work with them. Winner!!!

Find an alliance that will help you grow at your own pace. There are some great ones out there (Shameless plug…Coffee & Mayhem) check them out until you find one that works for you and just have fun.

3 Likes

Go find a better game that is in earlier stages of development. There’s a reason a lot of people are leaving this game, and there’s no way that a new player will ever be competitive at this point without spending boatloads of money.

1 Like

Simply: take your time, you need a lot of time to get satisfaction, at least if you like strategy and not only a puzzle game. To set up your team because of your style and because of the opponent requires time, time to get heroes and to level them up. Time is almost all in this game.
Just that. If you want to rush this is not your game, it doesn’t matter how much you are going to spend.
My 2 cents!

2 Likes

Find a better game from a different company.

We already know how this company will treat you after you’ve given them thousands of dollars, and we know how they treat their games (fire and forget).

This is ridiculous to advise new players to stop playing that game, because WE ALL know about this and that… I read many negative comments about this game, about SG decisions, bad updates and so on and I still enjoy playing that game. I buy VIP pass every month, I do not try do anything faster than I can, and you know what? I am happy, I log in regularly and I enjoy that game. Maybe it’s just that I’ve been playing it for 4-5 months, maybe I just like that kind of games or maybe that game is not that bad as people say. In my opinion advice “Find a better game” is the worst advice ever.

5 Likes

I have distilled your post down to your advice for new players:

Buy VIP pass.
Don’t buy anything else.
Don’t chase heroes and mats.

Sorvina, I think it’s great that you’re enjoying the game. It’s definitely enjoyable getting up to platinum. After that, it sucks, which you haven’t felt yet (great!). When people caution new players, it’s typically from that perspective…we all know already what awaits folks.

Here’s a new piece of advice for new players that doesn’t tell them whether to spend or not:

The first time you feel bad after spending should be the last time you spend. Don’t get caught in the gambler’s addiction that SGG wants you to descend into. Some people can spend all day and never feel bad about it, if that’s you, great! But the rest of us former addicts are just trying to stop people from following in our footsteps, not trying to ruin anyone’s game. :slight_smile: It’s like how former alcoholics aren’t trying to “ruin the fun” of drinkers by talking about how it affected them, and how it feels outside of it.

The slower you get to the broken game, the better it will be for you. The less you allow SGG to exploit your addictions, the happier you will be.

Cheers, keep enjoying!

2 Likes

I understand that to some point that game is enjoyable, but when you reach that point it can be a chore and frustrating… That’s fine, but at least let new players enjoy that game for the first few months. Later they can decide if they want to spend their money and time on that game or not.
A good advice would be “do not spend too much money”, “do not try to rush”, “work on what you get” and so on.
I also understand that to long-term players that game is not that great anymore and probably I will feel the same in a few months or a year. But I won’t regret playing it! And I am happy that I downloaded it and played it. :wink:

PS. Actually mentioned advice helped me to understand that chasing epic and legendary heroes is not the best strategy. I didn’t have ascension materials and I couldn’t understand how I can progress. Then I read that I should focus on my 3* heroes first and that was the best advice ever… I am slowly leveling up rare heroes and I am completely fine with that.

4 Likes

Yours is a wonderful perspective for this thread, Sorvina.

1 Like

Here’s a great best practices guide for beginner players struggling to wrap their head around using WuKong

All credits go to @TGW

Thanks @Ultra for pointing to this thread.!

Cheers!! :beers:

1 Like

The “dont play this Game” Advice is based on the Game Balance (there is none).

The Game on its own is a good one, but it lacks several Parts in the Game, which is for New Players not easy to Figure out, when u just play and dont read all the Drama und Million of Advice Threads.

Its actually not Hard to Progress in the Game, but its really Hard to Catch up, well actually u cant Catch up, cause at best, u get the same Pace as everyone else and u cant “outsmart” Players that have more Playtime then u.

4* AMs are super rare, titans/wars are incredible Bad rewards.

To get ur “Base” going is insane long, took 3 month to get TC20, everything else is not even near lvl 20, so if u NEW and expect “flowing” Progress, it wont Happen.

1 Like

Certain recent heroes have made this an ironclad reality. Players starting now, no matter what they do, won’t be able to compete in upper platinum or diamond for at least a few years, if ever, and it will require thousands of euros AND a lot of luck in order to do it. You could also spend thousands of euros and make zero progress, since there are only 3-4 heroes that matter anymore. We’d prefer people understand that, because we’re decent folks. :slight_smile:

That’s why people say #NoSpend. It’s not anger, it’s recognition of what the game has become. The designers made it this way, not us.

2 Likes

No. 1 , I put Wu Kong at my early game as a tank!!! And my leader said he is not good but you can try it to get your own experience.
I do and can say it now don’t put him, he definitely not a good D ;).
My other experience : 1. Knowing what your goal with this game. Only for killing your time without any goal or you are determine & competitive .
2. Knowing your budget and set it before you impulsive buying the offer. And spend your gem wisely according your budget.
3. Join Alliance that suit with your gaming style. If you are casual join with casual alliance, competitive but C2P join with alliance that spend more or less the same level with u to avoid you push yourself buying more than your setting budget. Join competitive alliance when you only play half hearted migh bring both of side upset. And if you are dedicated player join in casual also not fun and make u upset like only half of you try killing the titan and other just hit it once!!! Really??? C"mon find the right home, right now for yourself and your team mates.
4. Enjoy what u have, work with what u have and be careful when u using 4* AM to fully leveling 5*. Asking opinion in forum will help u to make a better decisions.
Have fun!!!

2 Likes

I don’t agree. I don’t know if, when you say “people who start now” you meant “really now”. I started in January, I played 6 months, I am a vcp-cp and I am always in upper platinum with several excursions in lower diamond. And I can’t find a hero without whom you can’t enjoy the game, so IMHO also if someone starts now, he can do absolutely what I have done.
If you are not extremely unlucky, if you know how to play and you have understood its dynamics, some months and you are in 3800-4000 range. (If you play a lot obviously, not a casual player).

2 Likes

In order to be in 3800-4000 TP range, you must have at least one 5* hero on your team. You do realize these heroes are not guaranteed pulls, right? Even with TC20 (which, without VIP, can take many months just to level up in the first place)… can still take months more still to pull a 5* from a single TC20. Then months more to level up that hero.

Naturally goes faster if you play constantly, especially in a higher level competitive alliance with higher level titans (better loot), etc.; but without spending? You’re still looking at a good year or so before you’re able to build a somewhat solid mid-level team.

Is it possible to get to that level in less than a year? Sure, if you’re very lucky, or if you spend enough. I think “a few years” is a bit of an over exaggeration, but “a few months” is definitely an under exaggeration (without significant luck and/or spending, at least).

2 Likes

I have played 6 months.
I have:
2 Lianna with costume as green ones.
Fenrir as blue one.
Clarissa as purple one.
JF, Azlar, Noor, Capt. Kestrel and Elena as red ones.
No holy 5*.

I started to buy vip in March. I buy vip, POV pass and in the past I have bought the little offers (1,99 etc).

I have maxed all my 4* and they are a bunch.

I don’t think to be particularly lucky or unlucky. I have no TC20.

This is only my story. But I have friends in game with whom things went like to me. Someone luckier and someone less. If you fill your chests every day two times, if you use always your flags, if you PLAY, you can.
This is not a casual mobile game, this is more like an old style MMO. You have to play.

We have a moderator here who played for 3 years before pulling a HotM.

I didn’t get my first 5* hero until 6 months in, and back then I was filling every chest 2x a day.

Look at the summoning odds from the portals. If you’re averaging more than 2 or 3 legendary heroes for each 100 pulls? Your luck is better than average.

3 Likes

Then I will take it as luck, nice to know that :sweat_smile:.
As I wrote I just told my story.

3 Likes

No worries, a lot of players have had good luck in this game. The luck seems to vary widely from one player to the next, though. It’s not that I don’t believe you, just that in my own personal experience? It takes a lot longer than a few months and a few dollars to build up a strong team in this game.

3 Likes

I started playing on 5th of February 2020.
All of the below has been said before, but they are so important that I want to repeat and summarize. (forgive my grammar since I’m not a native speaker.)

1. Have FUN!!! If you do not have fun, stop playing and find something else that brings joy to you. Because this game requires lots of time and long term dedication. Don’t waste your time.

2. Time spent is more important than the money spent. Unless you spend time and play the game, you won’t progress. And if you don’t progress, you wont have fun. Even if you spend lots of money ascension mats are very rare, requiring you to spend time and farm them.

3. Read the forum and wiki. This might be the best advice that you can get. I started playing on February and found about the forum in April. I can’t tell you how much money and time I wasted before reading the forum. As I said before, this game requires you to invest time and sometimes money. And when investing, knowledge is crucial. There are very good posts that teach you everything about the game and most importantly, there are great people all around the world ready to share their experiences here. Don’t hesitate to ask even if it sounds stupid. It is better than feeling stupid for leveling up Horghall before your 3 star rainbow team like me. Yes, I also fed my first Wu Kong to Bane:)

4. Wait until a month or so before spending money when you first start to play. See if this this game is for you or not. If you are going to spend, SET A BUDGET!!! Best things to spend for are VIP and Valor passes. if you are going to buy gems, wait for seasonal and event offers. they offer more gems for money.

5. Do not spend lots of money on summons if you have lots of heroes that are unleveled. Level up them first before spending money. It really takes time to max your heroes. So look at your roster and try to calculate how long it will take to level up the good heroes in your roster before paying for summons. Believe me, you will get those fancy heroes eventually and nobody has them all.

6. Level up your 3 stars first. Build An ARMY of them. 5 from every colour. They will bring you lots of ascension mats from events and tournaments. At the time you finish leveling them up, you will have enough mats to start on your 4 star teams. Leave 5 star heroes as they are until you get experience in the game.

7. Play everything. Especially, do not miss the Class Trials and rare quests. Try to progress as much as you can and feel free to use your battle items there because it is worth it.

8. Find an ACTIVE Alliance that suits you. This is as important as everything above.

5 Likes

Well, After 3month, bascially in my 4th, i constantly in Plat Raids and highest Cupslike 2140, no Idea were Diamond Starts, got some top 5% and once top 1% in Tourneys, Titans (well its more a Guild activity thing) we are At 7-9* and i get usually “rank A” , but all that leads me to Nothing. I got 1! 4AM for all that and it was from Raids. But watching the 30s Advertise got me 2 4AM! This is probably the worst Balance ive ever faced…not even to Mention the ■■■■■■■■ “Checkpoint” rewards, clear Atlantis and so on, for the effort u need to spend and the Energy u get not really much. Or the 30 jewels for reach certain goals, gather iron/doof Building lvl…i mean 5/10/15-30 jewels for MONTH of work or patience.

This company is so greedy, really really low Rewards being an active Player for F2P. Just Daily poppin Offers which are okay, but its all about Money.