[Implemented - V38 Update] Add Stage Progress Bar or Wave Counter for Better Tracking / Keep Wave Counter Visible All the Time [MASTER]

You’re definitely not in the minority. This suggestion has 89 votes, which is quite a few. There are many of us that would like to see this implemented.

And it already exists on the challenge event levels. Take a look at Guardians next month - you’ll see that there is a counter that tells you which wave you’re on. And there’s even a running timer, too! I guess the one thing that’s missing is that it doesn’t tell you the total number of waves. For challenge events, we know there are always three waves, and the bosses come in the third wave. For other levels, there may be four or five waves - but the intermission screen knows, so that information is readily available.

2 Likes

Yeah my thread got merged i didnt realize that there was already a suggestion in on the topic. But thanks for the info on the challenge event

1 Like

I’m just staggered this has only 91 votes and not 91,000 votes haha. It is almost as staggering as how SGG after all this time haven’t actually implemented such an obvious functionality that would be half a day’s coding at worst…?

Sure, higher priorities and all that, but having these kind of QoL additions to the game now and then would give the players a sense that the devs do care about the game. I’m sure they do (came across some work photos of SGG the other day, appears the type of place that does love their product), but let’s see it shine through in-game.

I’m adding my vote to this. Would be a nice QoL improvement to add a wave count to all stages – not just challenge events.

1 Like

Nice idea.
Would be better if the number of enemy waves was also visible on the stage map too.

I would suggest to add to every game (map, Quests etc) a “wave x/y” line like there is already on challenges. Would be of a great help knowing when the Bosses come next and charge my heroes.

Thanks!

1 Like

As someone who has a memory like a sieve, I would love to see these on regular map levels like they are on the challenge event ones.

1 Like

As Devs appear to be deliberately ignoring this request:

(🤘[Tip] Boss wave reminder or how to accidentally freak out/ make happy the person next to you on public transit)

2 Likes

Hello.

It seems to me that not only I have a problem with waves in stages. I often place blocks specially to get into the boss phase to have all heroes with charged mana. Unfortunately, it often turns out that next stage is 3/4, not boss wave. That’s why I come up with a proposal to add some description of what stage we’re at.

For example:

I know, I know, I’m a master of paint, a picture taken quickly to show what’s going on.

1 Like

I really appreciate the labeling on the monthly event of which wave we are on.
It would really help if this was extended to all map levels and quests as the numbers of waves vary from 3 to 5

Yes please! We already have it during challenge events, I would really like this to be in normal map stages and quest stages as well.

Many times I am in the middle of a battle with the under minions and I say to myself, "Now, which wave am I on? Should I use this item now or do I still have 2 waves left. It would be nice tho have a counter on the battle phase that simply stated 2/3 or 3/5 to know how my battle was progressing

1 Like

I like this. I have been wondering what stage I was in maps, quests and events.

I almost always forget!

I’m not sure what kind of beggary I need to engage in to make this happen, but I’m in.

A million pleases?
Fresh baked cookies?
Someone giving you trouble? I got you.

Lemme know. :wink:

yes this is good idea

First proposed in Jan 2018 and not implemented until this moment? Why?

This has got to be trivial to add, right? The code already exists for Challenge Events. But instead SG has time to work on stuff no one asked for like nerfing Ti Shields… :frowning:

1 Like

I know… let’s tweak this suggestion so that it is along the lines of “Please SGG add a subscription-based wave counter battle pass thingie.”

Seriously though, as an ex-programmer, I would not be surprised in the slightest if this can’t be done easily due to spaghetti code and it would take longer to implement than their in-house QoL-with-no-money-making-benefit vs cost-to-implement threshold.

Sometimes I cannot follow how many rounds to play. Stages rounds differ from 3 to 5.

It would be nice to place round number somewhere corner during match, so players can prepare heroes better for the boss.

1 Like