Actual money spent for c2p and p2p players

Appreciate all the feedback, puts things in perspective!

So I can see how someone who plays mono, or someone who spends money could finding this offensive/insulting/upsetting. I totally understand @Cheds response.

I agree with some of your viewpoints, specifically around mono. Having been exclusively mono in a large part of my development cycle I see how much potential there is to be more consistent by not doing mono, and that it is actually more layered and complex, strategic and most importantly more fun to go in with as many colours as you can. Having said that if someone prefers to do mono and they enjoy it and they perform well then I wouldnā€™t judge them as it still takes skill to pull it off successfully, particularly if you are able to do it consistently

2 Likes

A long time ago ā€¦, when I started, I was F2P (Zero spend)

Then I started dabbling ā€¦ so it was $$$

Then I started playing more. It became $$$$

Then I started waking up to Zynga, SGG ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– , back to $$$ or $$$$ if there are seasonal specials.

Now trying to push it down to $$ or $, if possible
Eventually back to Zero when I exit fully

Here you have it, like a circle of life/death. :laughing:

5 Likes

I will never agree with that sentiment. If I had all the heroes In the game mono could be ran by mix and matching certain skills but I would always feel like it is a cheap tactic of amping damage to thwart growth and I tell that to any player who wants to argue mono versus any other style of play.

I understand and hear there point of view but I am never the one who seeks out anything said by this player to comment on yet for months now he has hunted down any post I put up to start throwing shade my way like I am not a skilled veteran who has fought with the biggest whales myself.

Different types of players wonā€™t get along, thatā€™s in any game so I avoid players I donā€™t get along with and enjoy my time with people I do.

Never once have have a lurked any post just to rile up or start an argument with another player so im sorry if it sounds harsh, but at this point that guy can block me forever for all I care as his whole angry condescending tone wouldnā€™t even be necessary if he didnā€™t respond to posts not directed at him to wave his I enjoy spending and will run mono till I die attitude towards someone who literally has ignored him for months.

You have been here a long time and I respect you fully but that guy can fk off.

depends on the month. some months have been $20, some months have been more than 10x that amount. i splurged on the Black Friday summons, and thatā€™s easily been my highest spending month in my entirety of playing the game.

as for how, that also kind of depends on the month. November was obviously focused on Black Friday summons because of the lack of S1s in that portal making it really attractive to summon and the bonus chests offering tantalizing goodies for me. some monthsā€™ spending is more emblem focused, some months have been more summon-focused, and some months are more ascension material focused. since about July, or whenever it was that we had Ninja Tower in that vicinity of time, iā€™ve been stockpiling gems for troop pulls, and since September, iā€™ve focused a lot of my spending on whatever will get me more troop feeders and food bundles so i can level them. troops, troops, troops!

i also stockpile gems to compete in the events, although i didnā€™t compete as hard in the Challenge Festival. iā€™m taking a break from events because 1) iā€™m lowering my spending since thereā€™s not as much thatā€™s enticing me to spend to the level i was in the last 6 months and 2) the calendar volume makes competing in every event tough because of the strain on resources. i think iā€™ll just focus on Mythic Titan (my favorite event in the calendar) and Tower Events for the foreseeable future.

2 Likes

Mono all the way :muscle:t3: love it will never change my style its simple and gets the job done if RNG letā€™s me :joy:.

I spend cash on this game if its to strengthen my mono teams or to build a key player that will enhance my team from a lucky pull.

Like guardian Kong iv just got from that event and think he will play a nice part in my mono red

Spending for me was very different each year.
2018 I started spending in april and after the year I averaged about 50ā‚¬ a month. But that was since april so I actually averaged about 65-70ā‚¬ a month, what can be considered p2p.
2019 I averaged about 30ā‚¬ a month.
2020 about 20ā‚¬ month excluding december where it was 10-15ā‚¬.
2021 I spent in total about 25ā‚¬. During march-november 2021 I spent nothing. 11ā‚¬ since november 2021 and I donā€™t have plans to spend on anything anymore in a long time.

So In general I spend less and less the longer I play.

Also regarding off-topic discussion about monoā€¦ I donā€™t like mono, but Iā€™m not going to criticize other peopleā€™s gameplay. I always found mono very boring and dull strategy myself (in raids/wars) though I use it myself in some game aspects like events and logically also on titans. In tournaments when I found a team that I find too strong, I tend to go mono from time to time, but I almost always end up lossing when I use it. So mono definitely requires skill as well, I just donā€™t find it fun.

2 Likes

Started August 2019. I spent around 800 USD a month till the end of that year. Reduced spending in 2020 but Iā€™d say still about 500 USD per month till now.

Thatā€™s approx 16K USD sunk into the game, LOL. And Iā€™m sure many spent much more than that.

As others have said, itā€™s from disposable income. Canā€™t travel and do other things much with COVID anyway.

8 Likes

Oh interesting! Where do you spend mostly and are you chasing specific heroes? Are you still missing lots of 5* event heroes? Would be curious to hear more detail around which summons you spend most on :slight_smile:

Missing a lot of ā€œTop Top Tierā€ heroes. No Ruby, Cobalt, Octros, Odin and Bera (LOL), only Esme from CoK, only Motega from ToM, No Morel, Hannah, Prof ā€¦ no Gargoyles ā€¦ many missing.

I do have 3 Onyxes, 3 Killhares, 3 Jades, Foggs, Russulas, Akkorogs.

I usually pull till I get all the bonus chests, in all the new events and towers. Also S4 if Morel or ā€œmust have heroā€ is featured.

Got maybe 50 to 55 maxed 5ā€™s. Lots of extras for soul exchange. Have 12 to 18 ascension mats in each color. Just need the right heroes.

4 Likes

I spend between 100 & 200 a month usually.

Which is a pretty silly amount when you look at it in itā€™s purest form.

But from a game perspective itā€™s not enough to ensure you get anything. I saved S3 coins for 4 months so I would have 80+ when Alfrike & Bera were featured. I got S1 Kadilen and my 3rd HOTM (sure it was Alexandrineā€¦)

So where Iā€™ve ended is I have nearly every HOTM from Miki onwards but only 5 event heroes (Panther, Chameleon, Finley, Puss in Boots & Dark Lord)

No 5* Ninja, Slayers, Mages, Circus or Wonderland or Avalon.

I do have a lot of S2, S3 & S4 though but not all the power hitters at all.

So what that budget gets you is around 75 unique 5* but not necessarily the ones you would want or covet. But Iā€™ve long accepted to take what it gives and use it to the best of my ability as itā€™s still a very good roster.

I just canā€™t (and wonā€™t) just keep hitting the portal until I get the hero I want.

7 Likes

This is my first year. Started in January and kinda went nuts as I really like the game but luck the patience. Probably average 1k a month. In the beginning I bought mos offers and spent too much money on elemental summons and legends. Slowing down now that I have a decent roster. Obviously Iā€™m lacking mats and have 25 5* ascended and another 60 some of which will be exchanged if the soul exchange option is ever available.

Going forward Iā€™ll probably spend in the 300$ a month aprox. or less as whatā€™s the point of new heroes I canā€™t ascend. So mostly will spend on troops but who knows. Itā€™s easy to lose track. Theyā€™re very good at presenting the thing I just gotta have lol.

5 Likes

Some great stories! A glimpse into the mind of a gamer

Interesting, youā€™ve made great progress for sure! Mind if I ask how many of the ascended 25 5* are classic vs non-classic (HoTM, event, seasonal heroes etc)? Also what level are you and what level are your troops? :slight_smile:

@Kenzo Iā€™m lvl 63 and my troops are 1 lvl 17 each color, 1 lvl 5 each (all mana). Only season 1 Iā€™m keeping is Marjana C and Spartana C. Donā€™t have Magni snd never built TC20 as my spending provided more than I can ascend. For example in ice, Pengi, Morel, Skadi and Glenda will be waiting for mats after ascending Krampus. Even while spending thereā€™s a limit in how much I can progress. Hero academy is at 7/10 and alchemy lab about half way there. Few other buildings to upgrade. Donā€™t think I would have stuck around as a CTP or FTP in the current state of the game.

2 Likes

Have every HOTM since Ureus. Usually 4 avg ot each. Fed all the dupes away but kept 5 Hanitraā€™s for the soul exchange. All the easter bunnies and Rooster. One or 2 of each event and 3 in the Christmas event. Ninja portal has been the worst. 400+ summons and Jade is it sitting at 1/1

3 Likes

Hey teammate, Iā€™ll trade you some of my ninja luck for some of your S4 luck lol

Each year I spend:
12 x $5 for VIP
6.5 x $10 for POV every 8 weeks
Extra gems for alliance when offered
Save gems on VIP when offered

I canā€™t tell you how many of this type or that type I have, I donā€™t keep track that closely. I live in diamond arena and can complete all events without effort (except the towers since I donā€™t pay for extra floors).

My attitude is casual and havenā€™t had a problem keeping it fun.

3 Likes

@LuvBiscuit22ā€¦ Sure thing as soon as I get Professor Lidenbrock. Might be a while :wink:

I used to spend between $1k-$1.5k a month. I bought almost every deal that popped up including all the days in the different calendars. After the big Telly/Vela mega nerfs, I cut down my spending to $75-$100 a month. I figured there was no use chasing every new hero when they could just nerf it into oblivion a couple months later. I only buy the really good deals now.

3 Likes