šŸ•µ Act Casual ā€“ How do you go from being a very active player to somewhat casual?

Reached out, no problem

1 Like

Too bad this game is not available everywhereā€¦ i would try it for sure.

But on the other hand I dont see myself quitting e&p because of the time and efford (and money) i put in it

The first thing I would say is two fold:

1. Change alliances, or
  2. Create your own alliance with the standards you want to play by.

Many people I have come across say these things because they are unhappy with their current alliance, either because they are not strong enough to ā€œkeep up with the big boysā€ or they are put under too much pressure to grow quickly. (Note, this pressure can be self-inflicted)

It is easy to throw your hands up when you get really bad pulls after spending money or grinding for chests and you get nothing. But the reality is this - the game was designed for players to WANT to be competitive and that competitiveness is VERY hard to shake once you get bitten. (This exponentially grows when you make financial investments).

My recommendation is to completely step away. Put the game down for ONE WEEK. Tell your alliance what youā€™re doing; Opt out of wars and turn off notifications. This will help you put the game in perspective and will help you appreciate it for what it is. A GAME. A game designed to make money for a corporation while luring you in to a fantasy World.

That being said I will close with this: the game itself is wonderful and it will be all (or none) of what you make of it.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Iā€™m finding two elements of the game are feeling more and more like a grind than like fun: Raids and Challenge Events.

I think this will be my last month bothering to run Challenge Events beyond completion (Iā€™m just doing Rare 1000, which is less than I usually do even).

As for Raids, maybe itā€™s partly because of repetitive Defense teams, but Iā€™m finding them pretty boring, and noticing Iā€™m barely paying attention most of the time during them at this point.

I donā€™t think I care enough about the Chest loot to bother much with them.

Maybe Iā€™ll do some here or there if Iā€™m in the mood, but I think Iā€™m going to start wasting even more Raid flags than I already was.

Iā€™m also considering severely cup dropping with a 3* Defense team, and using only 3* on Offense.

That might actually provide some fun.

I do like Raid Tournaments for the variety, though, especially 3* and 4* ones, so Iā€™ll keep up with those.

Since Iā€™m opted out of War, I suppose this means Iā€™m mostly pausing on all PVP except Tournaments, which will be interesting to see how that goes.

So much of the discussion focus is always on PVP that itā€™ll be interesting to play for a while with that as a minimal aspect of my gameplay, particularly in the heavily-Emblemed 5* opponents realm that Iā€™m used to.

In the meantime, for fun our alliance has decided to kill every Titan no matter what until we kill a 14*.

Weā€™ve gotten up to 14* before, but let them go, so this seemed like it would be a good achievement to aim for.

7 Likes

I also feel less excited about Challenge Events. Every month I try to go up one tier to see how far I can go; but the sheer number of repetitions gets boring after a while. I still do it to practice my board management a bit, but Iā€™m not willing to invest the time (or flasks!) it would take to bump me above Rare Top 1001-10000; Epic 501-5000, and Legendary 1001-10000. I usually finish somewhere in the middle of the range anyway.

Not even the lure of additional ascension materials is enough motivation for me to push higher.

As for Raids, I raid in high platinum/low diamond, and thereā€™s still enough variety in defenses that I find it fairly fun. I donā€™t mind getting revenged because it keeps me in this range.

3 Likes

This has always been a no-no for me ā€” Iā€™ve done Rare Top 1000, Epic Top 500, and Legendary Top 1000 almost every time, and have never used a single Flask.

Totally agree, which is why Iā€™m stopping after this, and also why I didnā€™t bother with Epic 500 this time.

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m considering cup dropping and then using weaker Offenses, just to get out of the mid to high Diamond grind.

1 Like

youā€™re better than I am, I can make my chosen tiers with minimal replaying (using only the natural refilling of World Energy), but I would definitely need to WE flask to punch higher :slight_smile: but after the first couple of flasks, it becomes a tedious, repetitive chore for sureā€¦

2 Likes

Idk how you even manage that. Iā€™m struggling to find motivation to complete. Itā€™s 3 hrs away from ending and there only 5 levels left which I have beaten so many times. But it feels like such a chore, Iā€™d rather go do dishes or clean rather than go through those levels for umpteenth time :tired_face:

4 Likes

I think Rare in particular has gotten more competitive, and thus more tedious.

My score this time is 762,796 and Iā€™m in 504th place.

My score last Guardians was 743,496 and I finished in 401st.

5 Likes

453nf6

6 Likes

Boredom is the reason for me going from very very active to casual. E&P has 120+ 5* heroes and I keep seeing the same 5-10. So what Iā€™ve cut, and hopefully it catches on, is I stopped using those same 5-10 heroes and allowing people to have fun again attacking DIFFERENT heroes of mine.

Remember the days of actually trying to choose the right attacking heroes based on the defense you were facing? That was fun. Now, its the same attacking team fighting the same defense team over and over and over again - boring.

4 Likes

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: Dropping from Diamond Arena to Silver to have fun Raiding with 3*

Started in October 2017. Currently level 71. Iā€™ve been playing casual for a few months now. Joined a very small alliance with another friend. I donā€™t stress about titans. I do some merc hitting when I feel like burning Titan flags. I participate in war, simply because there is no coordination involved with timing and I have a deep bench to play with.

I rarely do tournaments. Havenā€™t even completed the last several challenge events. They just get to be a drag doing the same thing over and over again on a clock. Really cut back on my summoning. Havenā€™t chased a HOTM in months.

I mainly use the game as a time killer now. Too much pressure being in a top 100 alliance and the constant push and material drain on the larger titans. I find it more fun to bounce around and meet new people, even if it is briefly. I make sure I am back in my ā€œhomeā€ alliance for war.

Raid when I want. Regardless of how good your team is, it still comes down to the RNG with the board you get.

All the chests have turned to garbage compared to what they used to be. Elemental chests used to be good. War chests started out pretty good too.

The main reason I still play is I was too generous with the pocketbook in the early stages chasing heroes and 4* ascension materials to just let it go. Iā€™ve also reduced the time I am in Line and Discord.

5 Likes

Iā€™m thinking about reducing my involvement with the game as well.

I think Iā€™m kind of a perfectionist and it really bugs me when something isnā€™t completely done. Itā€™s like an itch, like when I used to play Legend of Zelda and I HAD to cut all the grass and break all the pots.

I think Iā€™ve been spending a lot of time in the game because I donā€™t find that sense of ā€œcompletionā€ in my real life. For some reason, getting Joon or Liannaā€™s costume filled me with more joy than expected from a mobile game. And I get very angry if I lose in a raid. Now it feels so easy to spend most of my day on the game. It scares me.

Itā€™s hard for me to casually dismiss the game. Itā€™s not going to be easy to let things go, let down the people in my alliance and freeze my progression. Iā€™ll try a compromise because it takes a toll on my life.

So, Iā€™ll try the following :

• No E&P when I wake up, my phone shouldnā€™t be in my bed any longer. Iā€™ll use my titan and war flags after lunch and notice the deadlines for titans, war, quests and POV at 1 PM.

• Log again at 6 pm. Fill the chests if they werenā€™t completed at 1 PM.

• Final log after dinner to finish the day and respect the deadline. Use flasks if needed.

And Iā€™ll try to stop playing after 3 hours of gaming in my day. I wonā€™t go to bed with my phone either.

Iā€™ll try to put my phone away from me as often as I can. And I have to respect the limits Iā€™m setting or Iā€™ll consider quitting permanently.

Letā€™s see how it goes for a few weeksā€¦

7 Likes

I mean ā€¦ most gamers donā€™t think 2 hours for a game is bad at allā€¦ but for those who dont console or PC game and only play mobile it can seem like quite a bitā€¦ as someone who has played over 12 hours of a game straight 2 is nothing but thatā€™s also still almost 10% of your day so I can see the want to reduce itā€¦ I used to play more as well and used alarms for war flags especially but i stopped doing alarms, i play while i drink my morning tea and when Iā€™m on the throneā€¦ besides that i might hop on for a few minutes 2 or 3 times a day then i play about 15 to 20 before i pass outā€¦ i play a bit more during events

2 Likes

I just went for the 6 troop tokens. That might be a goal worth considering, if you truly are working on troops.

My first runs of Epic and Legendary were enough to get the ETT, so I donā€™t expect thatā€™ll be out of reach without competing.

This is where I landed: šŸ—æ [June 2020] Guardians of Teltoc Challenge Event ā€“ Guides, Discussion & Summoning Results - #179 by zephyr1

You got that easier than I did, but then again Iā€™m stingy on items. Low on wood.

1 Like

Oh, i did that the very first day, you know, thatā€™s been how i roll at work for some time :slight_smile:

1 Like