šŸ•µ Act Casual ā€“ How do you go from being a very active player to somewhat casual?

Apologies to @Rook for having to clean that upā€¦ I warned yā€™all that version wasnā€™t forum friendly :laughing:

2 Likes

Naughty, naughtyā€¦ :grin:

3 Likes

Wow - The amount of people posting on this issue is crazy.

How many of you has this worked out for? Ive had this problem across 2 accounts. I was all of the above. I felt trapped and still addicted to the game. Its the first thing i do in the morning, throughout the day and the last thing i do before i go to bed.

i felt responsible for people who ive never met and whose real name i didnt know.

Soā€¦ 1 month ago I decided to quit my alt alliance (as great as they were) but my game time remained the same. ive not renewed the VIP, ive stopped wasting my life on mystic vision. That didnt change anything. 2 days ago i deleted the account and move my main account to a spare device that i dont keep on me. Immediate regret. Today i feel a loads better. Somewhat free. I still have my main account but im growing less attached to it. All the money ive spent on it seems irrelevant now. I feel like this game is reaching the end of its lifespan and its time to move on.

It was hard to limit game play and find work life study balance. Theres no substitute for REAL LIFE. but im finally seeing some progress.

Good luck

11 Likes

Iā€™m not quite the same as some others Iā€™ve read hereā€¦Iā€™ve been somewhat casual for a long time in some ways (raid, events, tournaments etc take a backseat when RL looms), and maniacal in others (titans and wars are my bread and butter, and our alliance is connected via Line and other ways).

However, I really agree with ā€œdonā€™t take lead or colead if you are trying to go casualā€, and there are other things you can trim off the game experience to bring the fun back and pare off the ā€œworkā€ aspect.

This is a game. If you feel burnt out, only play the fun parts, the parts that energize and appeal to you. Take a rain check on the others until you are ā€œbackā€. :wink:

10 Likes

Iā€™m doing fine playing casually. Occasionally I miss the Alliance Warsā€¦ they were exciting, and I loved coordinating it allā€¦ but it was too stressful for others on my team, and understandably so. I was asking some of them to stay up way past their ā€œbedtimesā€ so that we could all coordinate our second wave attacks. Was too much to ask of people who only wanted to play casually. After much protest, I bowed to the will of the majority. No more wars. No more ridiculous expectations. Go ahead, go to sleep. Worry about the titan tomorrow. If you have time. If notā€¦ itā€™s all good. Life will go on. Weā€™ll get the next one. :man_shrugging:

I know, seems funny that Iā€™m here posting for much of the day (and night) when Iā€™ve gone casual in much of the game. Thing is, due to the current state of the world, Iā€™m home all day right now, with not much to do other than play games, watch TV, cook food, eat food, and annoy my girlfriend. The game itself doesnā€™t take up very much of my time. Iā€™m oftentimes burning WE flags on autoplay while posting here. There are fun people here to talk to.

Real life? Eh. Donā€™t have pets or kids. My family all live a thousand+ miles away from me. Not in school anymore, couldnā€™t afford to go back even if I wanted to. Never had a job that I was particularly fond of. Donā€™t like going out to loud, busy, crowded, expensive places. Canā€™t afford to go on fancy vacations. Iā€™m pretty much a homebody by nature anyway.

Yet I still agree, that in the grand scheme, video games are just games. Theyā€™re meant to be a fun distraction from life, not a substitute for life. Should never take them too seriously.

8 Likes

Iā€™m a casual player but still complete every quest and mission in the game everyday.

3 Likes

Every quest? Like, even the ones for battle or crafting items? I usually skip those because I feel I get more overall rewards per flag from refarming the provinces themselves.

3 Likes

Well, the quests are the best at filling the monster wanted mission chest.
It gives 40 or 36.

You might be talking about a different kind of quest than what Iā€™m thinking of.

Just test ran a few, and only got 12 monsters each.

Believe it cost me 15 flags for 36 monsters. 15 flags on S1:8-7 usually yields at least 60 monsters.

3 Likes

I guess youā€™d term me active as Iā€™m on several times a day and try to get the quests done that pop every day.

Burnout is real. Track down my post on going on hibernation for 30 days as Iā€™ve been there.

Recently it seems SG is attempting to fill every day of the month with money grab after money grab and absolutely no breather inbetween.

Iā€™m only doing ViP now and depending on how far I get into PoV I may spring for the Valor Pass. But unlike previous Valor, Iā€™m not charging hard into it. I complete it, ok. If not, the avatars are useless and I have harvesters already.

I can thank SG for this as the summons odds while posted are absolutely atrocious. This has ā€œcuredā€ me of chasing any further heroes and instead focus on what I have. So thanks SG for closing my wallet substantially!

I actually run a relaxed alliance with a second account so when I need a breather with small titans and no co-lead demands I move there for a while to ā€œrechargeā€.

5 Likes

If only the max raid flags is more than 8ā€¦ (to fill the chest twice a day with login only twice a day).

3 Likes

The Tournament helps with the Chest filling, it basically covers the extra flags.

I also have a pretty large stockpile of Flasks I was slowly burning on occasion (less so now, actually).

But I think part of it for me is also just being ok filling fewer Chests and wasting Raid flags throughout the day.

6 Likes

I was a super active player for a long time but lately Iā€™m feeling this too. Iā€™m still here (for now), but developer apathy and complete non-engagement is really killing my interest. A simple monthly vision statement is all it takes to engage the community, responding to complaints/concerns in the community and saying why they have/have not addressed them and how they are moving the game toward their development goal. Failing to do even that is insulting, and coupled with the attitudes on display in (the lack of) response to beta feedback and the lazy half-assed efforts on new features (portals with the same uninspired filler, quests with mobs with just higher stats, even lazy artwork and enemy design) just shows the complete lack of respect devs have for us.

I reduce my time playing by logging in when i wake up and burning my raid and titan energy, and hitting in the tournaments to fill the raid chest. Then Iā€™ll autoplay challenges (if desirable) or 8-7 to fill the monster chest while i do my household chores/get ready for the day. When Iā€™m at work Iā€™ll pop a loot ticket or 2 to burn any near-excess WE (usually on 2-27-10H) and queue up some basic troop training so that when i log in before bed Iā€™ve got a few things to do/use. Again, Iā€™ll autofarm 8-7 to fill the chest and work on the raid chest and do my titan hits. If a rare quest or emblem quest spawns Iā€™ll use a flask to finish it if i need. Wars are really not a priority for me (i made my own alliance specifically for this reason), but itā€™s not hard for me to throw 6 attacks in at the end of the day. Raiding is by far my least favorite aspect of the game, so missing some raid flags during the day doesnā€™t bother me at all.

Recently adding the titan star requirement back into pov has sapped my interest in fighting titans, and honestly improving my titans hits was one of the few goals i had for this game (the other being levelling my base structures to max). I had been saving all of my challenge coins since the last teltoc to try and grab jackal/falcon, and Iā€™ll stick around until i can spend those coins and my accumulated gems, but i have decided i wonā€™t buy any offers this month (was planning to spend way over my usual c2p limit for this event). Maybe snagging one or both of these will refire my interest but itā€™s looking grim. I think Iā€™ll be out when this pov is up - thereā€™s just nothing to look forward to with the new features and lack of dev communication.

2 Likes

Reading all these posts has got me thinking that Iā€™m ready to go casual, at least on one of my profiles. Iā€™m currently in two active alliances and I think Iā€™m burning out.

The hardest part for me will be the wars and titans. I know Iā€™ll still use all my flags, and Iā€™ll need to learn to turn a blind eye when other players donā€™t. It will have to be an experiment, I guess and perhaps after a break, I may even change my mind and go back to being very active.

I just think I owe it to myself to try.

7 Likes

Man titans and wars is like 15 minutes per day, i dont believe people have problems with game because of titans and wars.
Its whole this neccesity to fill chests and not lose any World or raid energy that drives them crazy.

87! Wow!!

I always use any raid flasks I get in loots almost immediately. (I love raids!!)

If I ever have so many raid flasks in my inventory, Iā€™ll schedule an entire sunday to burn through all those flasks! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Zephā€™s not aloneā€¦ I burned quite a few on a cup run with alliance folk, but other than that, raid flasks go unused.

I only raid in wars and tourneys now. The last few beta cycles have worn any optimism I had down and the time to incentive ratio on raids is not worth it. Iā€™m no stranger to raids, either.

8 Likes

I hate raiding. I burned through all of my raid flasks because I was angry about constantly getting raided and getting knocked down in trophy count. End result? Meh. Only a couple hundred cups higher than where I started. And a couple of days later, I was knocked down again. :man_facepalming:

On the one hand, I donā€™t understand why the same defensive team can go from holding 2300 cups one week, to a couple of weeks later being down below 2000. What the hell happened? But then I check the TPs of the people who raided me. My TP is somewhere around 3900-ish. That used to be good enough for high platinum / low diamond. Now I see people with 4300+ TP teams who are still sitting in high platinum. DAYUM. Theyā€™ve really risen the bar a lot higher from where I remember it being before. Talk about ā€œone step forward and two steps back.ā€ DIAMOND TIER: Filthy Casuals Need Not Apply.

43xulr

So anywayā€¦ whatā€™s the weather like up there?

5 Likes

I know what youā€™re saying. The loot from filling chests is not worth it almost 99% of the time!
However, I still love raids. Purely just for the fun of the game. Nothing else. :slightly_smiling_face:

That is that one thing I have to do now. E&P is like a third job besides being a elementary school teacher and having two kids. I have to reduce it, now. Maybe, because that post came from you @zephyr1 Iā€™m able to do it finally.

I have to set a limit of time.

4 Likes