đŸ‘ș Acidfire - 5* Dark / Purple from Goblin Village

Simple answer hell yea better then all those you named beside darkfeather

1 Like

Maybe C3 Obakan. If you need a purple healer, Diaochan. I have her, but don’t really use her that much, although I have a lot of healers. Her minions rarely live long enough for my liking. Rayne would be fun I think. I feel like growth and wither will have longevity, so a dupe wouldn’t be a waste. I prefer the variety route, and I have enough roster depth that I, most likely, will not level a dupe.

1 Like

Nah, Darkfeather and C3 Oba are rock solid. If you had no other purple, Acidfire is worth considering but in your case I’d keep it unique (personally).

1 Like

I have maxed one dupe 5* (Arco) after taking the second in SE.

As a general rule, a dupe needs to be special and do something that you can’t get elsewhere or that brings something to the table you can’t get with another hero (dupe Erlang Shen makes sense, charge together and trigger the damage, wipe out three opponents). I believe Acidfire qualifies as “doing something special” and can justify the dupe.

Acidfire has a stonkingly good Wither, it blunts the enemy’s attack and makes it more vulnerable. Decently high numbers too at -225, so two in a raid will wreck the opponent.

I wish I had even one Acidfire, but if I had two, they would likely both get fed with priority over the heroes you mentioned. I don’t think you would regret the others, just that you may use Acidfire^2 more often and he’ll help get more raid wins.

For events with waves Growth has more impact, in PvP both Wither and Growth are exceptional/excellent.

I BELIEVE that we are early days in this type of special (impacting the base stats of cards on the battlefield).
Minions started as plain vanilla little things, gained effects, gained power and eventually became little mini-heroes.
Fiends have followed a similar course with mana types with hero level effects (EDD, huge damage, replication, etc).
Owls have just come out and they “hate” Holy heroes, early days but expect other colors to receive similar treatment.
Goblins have wither and Growth, early heroes have a variety of combinations and levels SG is collecting data and soon we’ll have this mechanic in other forms

• Smarttongue crushes attack -300 Att
  • Darkfeather has a decent little buff +160 Att and Def
  • Deadboot now has a chunky -300 Defense at Very Fast.

Not sure if the counters will resist the impact directly or if SG will continue to have Wither and Growth battling back and forth

My guess is a passive resist to wither/growth comes before a special with it in the text. This would be similar to the bard passives that reduce mana gain from specials and Rezz percentages.
New battle items may actually come into the game ahead of specials and passives as it would be worth $$$ to SG and they’ve been promising new battle items for a couple of years now.

3 Likes

Does anyone have their emblem path? Can’t decide if I want to go defense > attack, or attack> defense

Can someone post emblem path for Acidfire. Thank you in advance

1 Like

1 Like

I am happy Goblin.

12 Likes

I don’t know too much about this one and haven’t really seen her on defense as much.

Vote here on your opinion over the goblins.

After getting blanked forever on good Goblins, this happened on a 10-pull:

9 Likes

Just got him and Madhammer. Interested to pair him with Farrah and melt.

2 Likes

Been wanting this guy since he came out. Gone against him many times, some good some so very bad. He is amazing with the right team around him.
Did 5 pulls today and he showed up with a friend. Very happy now

7 Likes