Absolutely food starved at end game high level

If I’m looking at it correctly, the difference that I can see, I don’t “actively” level my heroes with feeders from TC’s. Leveling is more a result of hitting max roster numbers and making more space. I make an exception for a hero of need. Unless I get a 5* better than a 3/70 I have, I don’t see the purpose in rushing a new, lower priority 5* to 3/70.

I run 2x TC11, 1x TC2, and 1x TC20, all are stockpiled for 20+ days. The feeders accrue until I need them. I recently switched back to TC20 with the potential for dupes to make “more powerful” heroes. I have no desire to run TC19, the food is too valuable.

So, food goes first to stock recipes, stock TC’s (and accrue feeders), and feed down roster. “Excess” food goes to troops or emblems.

No doubt from me, food is in high demand, it’s use must be prioritized.

1 Like

What? I know nothing of this. I open raid chest 3-4 times a day. Been doing this since the latter part of 2018 and I havent felt or experienced any changes on this.

Sometime last fall they made another unannounced rule change to skip timers. It’s no longer based on “how much” you skip in gems like it used to be, but a fixed number on a timer. Sort of like our energy refills. There was a thread discussing it but I cannot locate it at the moment.

I need a skip or two for monster chests to keep my ~9am/9pm rotation because they don’t complete instantly. And neither do raid chests. So that leaves on a couple for raid chests in the same time window.

Either way, one extra 200k food influx a day isn’t going to make a dent in my empty reservoir.

This is a great thread, thanks @TheSchmoo . It’s definitely an important consideration and the balance in this game is always precarious. Whenever I get impatient and run HA3, I see my food drain away

Currently I see I have the same TC setup as many. One 20 at 82 days, Two 11s totaling 43 days and one 2 at 10 days that I’ve recently been able to keep full time between atlantises. It’s like a hierarchy, the 11 feeds the 20 and the 20 will feed HA10

My food is generally 3/4 to full, when I hit around 3M I’ll just add to the 20.

With HA I’m 3 days from beginning to use 10, and aside from that I use HA7 for trainers, I’m still finishing my base and I’m not planning to make troops until the base is done in a few months.

I’m currently building the AL as well, and once I have 3 levels going I’ll have to watch how that drains food.

I’d say the biggest difference is that I haven’t really focused on troop leveling. My main set is at 15, and my barracks still needs to be finished. It’s at 7 currently. I’ve also fed all my troops a few months ago, and I usually just do some troop feeding when it’s asked for valor. Rather than push all feeders to the 4* troops, I’ve decided to do the lower troops, one of each kind of 2* troop I nearly have done for each color, I feed all the 1* feeders to the 2*. Then I work on one 3* troop of each color with the 2* feeders, and for now I only feed 3* and 4* to 4*. I never got ninja troops and don’t plan to, and I’ve just kept 5 4* of each color to level.

I think if you feed 1-2 to troops that can be horrifically expensive for the food you’d spend, but I wonder if some people are focused on just doing those 4* troops that they feed all levels in?

Anyway, I’m much more starved of iron these days than food. But I expect this will change when I’m done building.

For me it’s a matter of whether or not I can pull a costume, and yeah I have pulled a few better S3 or HA10 bonus heroes recently. Get both Thorne and Richard to 3/70, and if I get a costume then that one wins. Leo to 3/70, hoping for that costume to replace Jackal.

I just can’t see wasting that 300k food every 2 days anymore. Is it 300k (297)? Been so long! The only reason for TC20 storage would be for a super fast power levelling like what Pain Shaft does. But now you can use an Alchemy Lab level for that instead, although the amount of clicking would probably drive me insane.

My point is, if you do stop feeding for awhile, how do you ever catch back up?

And are you running an Alchemy Lab x3 full time? A lot of the responses in this thread have not addressed that.

1 Like

I’m always amazed when people have loads of finished feeders just sitting in a TC, I empty my TC the second they finish cooking, and I either am working on 5 heros, not always 5*, but sometimes 3 and 4 as I try to round out my roster options for tourneys and events, and when I have a 5* that gets mats, then I stop and just put all the feeders into them until they hit 4/80. I feed them at the pace of the TC, rather the pulling out hundreds of heros already cooked so it kind of works as a natural throttle on my food spend.

As I mentioned above when I run HA3 and I have a 2* feeder every minute then my food melts away. I did this last week because I decided to take Kingston from 1/1 to 3/70 in time for the tome from Farholme, and I made it by a day and so now he’s the project until I return to the set of 4* I’m working on (Proteus, Wu, Sapphire, Buddy, Sir Lance). I’m going to try a new strategy this time. All the 1* food goes to the 4* group color to color, and all the 2* food and up goes to Kingston. Perhaps not using 1* food on the last tier of a 5* will help it feel like it’s moving faster lol

1 Like

Don’t your ropes melt away at a quicker pace than your food?

Exactly. Every new feature creates a new mat bottleneck. HA3 was going to be the alternative to the hugely expensive TC19, but apparently all those 2* feeders are really, really into abseiling, so ropes it is.

SGG giveth and SGG taketh away…

Ok, back off on the troops then, if it’s more enjoyable to have more food to play with.

At the end of the day, you’re only racing against yourself, there isn’t a way to win the game.

Yes, I’ve maxxed every unique hero I’ve got save Heimdal and Ratatoskr who are going to arm wrestle for the next six tonics, and Almur who’ll probably be done by the weekend.

So I’ve no need for feeders, but I do want Marjana out of TC20.

When I get a 5* I turn them all into tc2 and burn through accumulated recruits and ham.

I finished Fenrir yesterday and now the food is rolling back in.

3 Likes

I suppose but I’ve never run out yet. I had several thousand of them banked

Talk to me in 2 months :slight_smile:

Oh 100%, i think I have about 600 or so left now. That’s why I don’t use HA3 very much, only when I have some need to quick level like Kingston and trying to time him to Farholme 2. Now he’s up and I’m back to slow leveling with my 11s and HA7. I’ll use the AL to attempt to balance my blades and tomes in a month or so when it’s built. I’m going backwards, I did HA first and now I’m halfway done with AL and last of all I’ll build the HL. My two alts I built HL just to crank out harpoons when their food or iron fills up, I’ll start helping my alliance reach second tier harpoons so on my main I can bank more titan parts for when I eventually use HL there.

I had huge amounts of one star troops I thought I’d never use, was advised by Leader Easysteps to use them to feed for first ten levels, then start on twos past that and build up, of course I had been playing a while and couldn’t do it but when I pulled ninja troops they all got fed those one stars, I pulled two purple, guess what, by the time I’d got them to level ten I was out of one stars. So leveling more efficiently at the beginning helps use em up,wish I’d known a year or two ago :grin:

1 Like

I run AL 3a, 6b,7b and they’re well stocked. 3a for backpacks. 6b and 7b for shards. 6b and 7b require crafting matls, not battle items that have a “hidden” resource cost.

That leads to battle items. We can throw a lot of food at titans or to complete missions/quests/events. 60k food for a harpoon, 80k food for super mana pots, etc. I try to keep my battle item usage at a planned amount, and I stick to the plan.

HA, I run the 3* troop level and the 4* troop swap level, both require iron. At some point, I will swap back to HA10 and food will be squeezed more.

Hope the discussion helps. What is best for me might be bad for other people. I just try to prioritize my food users.

3 Likes

No food problem here.
Or iron problem. Or recruits problem, items emblems or troops.

I just have a hero problem, lol.

5 Likes

Me too @Elpis.

When you don’t have heroes to feed, and don’t get many feeder troops, food is in abundance. :sweat_smile:

And yes, I do craft items in both forge + HL, and keep tcs + HA10 + AL running 24/7.

1 Like

Yeah 1 and 2* troop feeders to 4*>level 11. Otherwise you’re dropping over a million food for barely a fraction of a level into a higher troop. I started building up 4th and 5th 4* troops for VF tourneys and wars.

That’s usually what it means beeing a F2P or close to that.
The only thing that will not come your way eventually with time are heroes, and in the meantime you stockpile all the rest.

As my personal point of view, if you are an experienced player and hit a bottleneck (any kind of it) you are either spending too much or too little.

That’s depending how fast you want to progress.

3 Likes

True. Yes, I know worthwhile heroes do not necessarily come with time. I’m not willing to spend much on any phone game so I try to accept whatever I can get.

Currently, I am running 2 levels of AL, but only due to researching a 3rd level right now. As soon as that research is done, I will fire up the 3rd level again. I normally do run 3 levels full time.

I use TC10 to store food. 25 recruits and 105k ham lasts 24 hours. I like it much better than TC20.
For my TC’s, I’m running 1 TC10 to store food, 2 TC11’s (One for recruits), and 1 TC2. I have almost 2000 feeders in the TC2 alone, with another 1175 queue’d up.

I don’t have quite as many 3’s/4’s as you, but I’m not that far off. I have 57 maxed 4’s and 32 maxed 3’s.