ABSENT šŸ—ŗ

Sounds like a day for the game and for the forum. :wink:
Iā€™m happy for you and your wonderful experience.

2 Likes

you yourself have been quiet @Pike , last post 4 days ago! is everything ok?

4 Likes

I just want yā€™all to know @NicoX is okay and alive. He entertains me on Line. When he said Iā€™ll regret sharing the info he wasnā€™t kidding :joy:

4 Likes

Great noticing @sleepyhead - hope all is well in your corner of the globe @pike and RL has just been really busyā€¦ In a good way! :hugs:

2 Likes

I bet @NicoX is flooding you there as much as he used to flood us here on the forums, @Theo87 :stuck_out_tongue: glad heā€™s fine

@Sarah2 , :sparkling_heart: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad you noticed. It was a test. You won. :rofl:
No, Iā€™ve been really busy lately. But actually I have a little midlife crisis in the game and in the forum.
In the game I do my duty. War and Titan. Not much more. I even tried other games. :scream:
Iā€™ve been checking the forums for days and canā€™t find anything I want to reply to.
I donā€™t know how this will develop. But I promise you, I wonā€™t leave the forum without letting you know, my friend.

3 Likes

Aww @Pike , giving you best wishes and hugs. Whatever you decide weā€™ll always be friends! Hope you find something fulfilling in this game and in these here forums.

Maybe we have to start a new thread about how to cook ducks orā€¦?

2 Likes

Hopng you figure things out :blush:

FWIW, Iā€™ve never looked at another mobile game since stepping out of Empires. The reason being is I realized, and pretty damn quickly too, that my time was far batter spent doing any one of a million different things, other than staring at my phone screen.
Just my experience btw. Itā€™s gonna be different, and often difficult for some, in deciding when/why they get out.
The forum is a fun place imho. The community content is a nice place to hangout as and when. The other threads? Lol. Youā€™ll also realize, and pretty damn quickly too, how over analyzed the game is. People sure are passionate in their debates over a match-3 mobile game! :rofl:

3 Likes

you are so right, sometimes the ā€œwarsā€ here are justā€¦ likeā€¦ whoa!

2 Likes

Ahahaha! Indeed they are. Iā€™ve been following the ā€œThis isā€¦madnessā€ thread and, tbh, and completely amazed at how otherwise sensible adults will go at it with complete strangers over their opinions re: Empires.
Honestly, has there ever been another game where people drill down into the minutiae of the mechanics of it as much as they have with E&P?
Truly mind boggling stuff when you read some of the threads, with an outsiders eye.

Edit: I meant to ask; how do you link to other threads in here?

Edit 2: Testingā€¦

6 Likes

You could swap recipes. But I could hardly participate, Iā€™m not really good at cooking.
It would also honor NicoX and he didnā€™t deserve that. Leaves us here and has fun with Theo87 in private. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always been interested in video games. Computer, Playstation, Smartphoneā€¦ Itā€™s part of my life and maybe a little escape.
But I always tell my people not to take the game too seriously and never invest more than they can afford, be it time or money.

Thatā€™s also a reason why I find little to reply. I donā€™t like people who donā€™t want to argue but want to proselytize.

Yes, sometimes itā€™s difficult. You canā€™t say youā€™ll quit tomorrow. It just has to be the right time. Thatā€™s how I stopped smoking. From one day to another.

1 Like

As have I and I apologize if my comment sounded a bit judgemental.

From my experience though, I was waaaay too far down the rabbit hole of Empires and I spent hours upon hours in there everyday. I missed family events and time in general, all because I felt obligated to be in-game doing whatever.

Thatā€™s definitely when I knew it was time to step out.

1 Like

No, no apologies needed. You are right. One must not fail to notice when it is too much. Me as well. It can become addictive.

2 Likes

Youā€™re right! Down with ducks!

Maybe a thread on how much more fun it is here instead :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Right, I always find it a bit odd how oneā€™s gameplay style can be used by some to judge oneā€™s entire personality!

3 Likes

I am not posting daily anymore anyways, but going on vacation for a bit. Keep on keepinā€™ on!

:beers:

7 Likes

have a fun vacation @Muchacho !!!

before I forget, I should say Iā€™ll be on vacation for a couple weeks too!

4 Likes

:scream:

Have a nice time @sleepyhead and @Muchacho !

4 Likes

thank you @Pike :slight_smile: and how are you feeling these days?

2 Likes