ABSENT 🗺

Sounds like a day for the game and for the forum. :wink:
I’m happy for you and your wonderful experience.

2 Likes

you yourself have been quiet @Pike , last post 4 days ago! is everything ok?

4 Likes

I just want y’all to know @NicoX is okay and alive. He entertains me on Line. When he said I’ll regret sharing the info he wasn’t kidding :joy:

4 Likes

Great noticing @sleepyhead - hope all is well in your corner of the globe @pike and RL has just been really busy… In a good way! :hugs:

2 Likes

I bet @NicoX is flooding you there as much as he used to flood us here on the forums, @Theo87 :stuck_out_tongue: glad he’s fine

@Sarah2 , :sparkling_heart: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad you noticed. It was a test. You won. :rofl:
No, I’ve been really busy lately. But actually I have a little midlife crisis in the game and in the forum.
In the game I do my duty. War and Titan. Not much more. I even tried other games. :scream:
I’ve been checking the forums for days and can’t find anything I want to reply to.
I don’t know how this will develop. But I promise you, I won’t leave the forum without letting you know, my friend.

3 Likes

Aww @Pike , giving you best wishes and hugs. Whatever you decide we’ll always be friends! Hope you find something fulfilling in this game and in these here forums.

Maybe we have to start a new thread about how to cook ducks or…?

2 Likes

Hopng you figure things out :blush:

FWIW, I’ve never looked at another mobile game since stepping out of Empires. The reason being is I realized, and pretty damn quickly too, that my time was far batter spent doing any one of a million different things, other than staring at my phone screen.
Just my experience btw. It’s gonna be different, and often difficult for some, in deciding when/why they get out.
The forum is a fun place imho. The community content is a nice place to hangout as and when. The other threads? Lol. You’ll also realize, and pretty damn quickly too, how over analyzed the game is. People sure are passionate in their debates over a match-3 mobile game! :rofl:

3 Likes

you are so right, sometimes the “wars” here are just… like… whoa!

2 Likes

Ahahaha! Indeed they are. I’ve been following the “This is…madness” thread and, tbh, and completely amazed at how otherwise sensible adults will go at it with complete strangers over their opinions re: Empires.
Honestly, has there ever been another game where people drill down into the minutiae of the mechanics of it as much as they have with E&P?
Truly mind boggling stuff when you read some of the threads, with an outsiders eye.

Edit: I meant to ask; how do you link to other threads in here?

Edit 2: Testing…

4 Likes

You could swap recipes. But I could hardly participate, I’m not really good at cooking.
It would also honor NicoX and he didn’t deserve that. Leaves us here and has fun with Theo87 in private. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve always been interested in video games. Computer, Playstation, Smartphone… It’s part of my life and maybe a little escape.
But I always tell my people not to take the game too seriously and never invest more than they can afford, be it time or money.

That’s also a reason why I find little to reply. I don’t like people who don’t want to argue but want to proselytize.

Yes, sometimes it’s difficult. You can’t say you’ll quit tomorrow. It just has to be the right time. That’s how I stopped smoking. From one day to another.

1 Like

As have I and I apologize if my comment sounded a bit judgemental.

From my experience though, I was waaaay too far down the rabbit hole of Empires and I spent hours upon hours in there everyday. I missed family events and time in general, all because I felt obligated to be in-game doing whatever.

That’s definitely when I knew it was time to step out.

1 Like

No, no apologies needed. You are right. One must not fail to notice when it is too much. Me as well. It can become addictive.

2 Likes

You’re right! Down with ducks!

Maybe a thread on how much more fun it is here instead :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Right, I always find it a bit odd how one’s gameplay style can be used by some to judge one’s entire personality!

3 Likes

I am not posting daily anymore anyways, but going on vacation for a bit. Keep on keepin’ on!

:beers:

6 Likes

have a fun vacation @Muchacho !!!

before I forget, I should say I’ll be on vacation for a couple weeks too!

4 Likes

:scream:

Have a nice time @sleepyhead and @Muchacho !

4 Likes

thank you @Pike :slight_smile: and how are you feeling these days?

2 Likes