About limit breakers

Or… playing the game… and trying to win with the additional (slight) challenge of some teams having LB heroes

What I don’t like about it and I only realized this recently is that one of the main sources of LBs currently is war wins. Those who happen to win wars and be lucky to score the big blue aether from loot (and other colors we’ll have Omega quests for), will have an advantage and be able to put limit broken hero in their war defenses, increasing their chances to win the next war etc. Meanwhile, if your alliance happen to lose couple wars in a row they will not be able to build same advantage or even the fields and will start losing more, losing their chances to get aethers. Basically a gap increases.

My alliance was at our peak win streak when LBs were introduced and we lost couple wars in a row since then to stronger enemies. Nobody has ascended a blue legendary yet in my alliance, but expecting to face enemy with those soon…

With tournaments, it will be very similar. Those who limit break their 3s and 4s will have better chances to get aethers to ascend more. Meanwhile, if you don’t have aethers, you will fall behind and while falling behind you will lose chances to get them to catch up.

SG really added them in the worst places possible for fair and balanced game. Basically, if you have aethers you will get more aethers; if you don’t have aethers, your chances of getting them will decrease.

7 Likes

I really don’t worry about fighting broken heroes. It is more the fact that the devs are allowing some people to break heroes before others. In beta, many ideas were given on how to roll out limit breaking to keep it fair for all. Instead, as someone mentioned above, top 5% in tourney got them something good, yet too 1% got them nothing. Considering I almost always get top 1% in tourneys, I know I won’t get any Aether III. Just like it is very rare to get mats from A+ on every titan. Seeing as this is the case, they need to just start selling the Aether. At least that way people who aren’t given the Aether III at the same rate as others, can choose whether to pay to keep up or not.

1 Like

I agree. Would have made much more sense to give them in the quests and let that be it. Or to also make them available in raid and monster chests.

I hope you are not serious about this. In this scenario, it would really be just another cash grab thing. What a nice surprise would be if there’s one thing in this game that (enough) money can’t buy.

6 Likes

I didn’t say I preferred them to start selling it. I said, if that’s the only way to get them besides the quest. Which as of now, you are supposed to get them from tourneys and wars, but top 1% in the last two tourneys, has only given 4 Aether I. And war wins have given two Aether I. If the game won’t give the good Aether to top performers, then we should be able to buy them if we choose to.

1 Like

I know, but by complaining the lack of aether, it is like giving legitimation for SG to sell aether. They will just say the community ask for it.

7 Likes

@Badone - this was my reasoning. Limit breakers are our reality now, and at this moment, their randomness is the only thing that can keep overall balance in place - even if it means that some players won’t get ice aether III before next quest is scheduled. On average, we should be equal, while better performers in tourneys and war could do a bit better.
Once they start to selling it… God help us - we all know there’s significant number of players with huge willingness to pay. And that will be a breaking point, when (again) we should open our wallets if we want to stay in the same competitiveness bracket.

3 Likes

That’s what I think too.

Right now it’s available from :

1. Mirage Quest
  2. War Win Loot
  3. War Chest Loot
  4. Raid Tourney Loot

If they treat Aethers as regular ascension mats, they should include at least 1 roll in monster crates, raid crates and even titan crates. And maybe add that to Rare Titan loot too.

Now they have created a pent up demand by withholding that one blue pesky Aether III, driving frustration levels up bit by bit with each passing day as they cool their heels waiting for an opening to start selling them like they did Emblems. Gotta hand it to SGG Marketing Team.

This brilliant plan now “encourages” more players to pay 75 gems to continue Raid Tourney.

This plan now also kills incentive to “control war score” by exiting before war timer expires. Those players would need to choose between opening a war chest faster or having more chances to strike it lucky with War Win Loot.

This plan also removes the need for the SGG Devt Team to recode War Chest participation credit to firmly tie it to actual presence in the alliance before war timer expires. Less work for them.

Impressive.

Revenue will pour in fast once they start selling them “in response to players’ requests”. Lol

1 Like

Create the demand first.
You could also say:
Generate an APPETITE

Players are already salivating

Then… later…
Just like the mag pie
Maybe a different animal:
The aether alligator :joy:

It truly is…brilliant!

And like @Yhc has noted: Emblems come in a continuous stream. Aether does to, but also has the big chunks!

Those big chunks will have an interesting effect on these temporary advantages with this permanent resource. But ultimately, the alligator (or whatever :wink: will slam that temporary window shut.

2 Likes

There is no aether in war chest.

1 Like

Thanks for that. I am now officially casual.

Not sure if that’s a good thing or not, one avenue less. Think it’s a good thing

2 Likes

Do you fight titans on autoplay?
Or complete S3/S4 on autoplay?

I respect your opinions a lot, but I think you’re too biased against limit breakers and it’s affecting your judgment.

BTW, FWIW, there’s nothing wrong with being able to autoplay the most common facets of this game. If anything, I consider it a great QoL improvement. One of my favorite suggestions here is the 'autowin" option, which, broadly speaking, will allow players to simply “win” an event, without using loot tickets, based on a set criteria. For example, if you qualify to autowin a certain event, say an emblem quest, you simply press “autowin” and are done. No need to waste pointless time to do something you have done dozens or hundreds of times.

2 Likes

No, but do I need Limit Breakers to fight titans now?

This actually I do… with very strong biome effects on ‘buffed’ color and 1 reviver, S4 hard levels until now were done on autoplay…

I really try to look for positives in everything and will welcome a good argument pro limit breakers. When I am against - I always justify that opinion with a specific in-game scenario/issue. You can agree with that or not. The ‘autoplay’ is something some will want, some not. You can chose whichever side you want, you won’t convince everyone that this is the right side. Me personally, as a gamer, I want video games to challenge me - finishing difficult level is what I find satisfying. If there’s a nice loot for it, it’s even better. Unfortunately, that doesn’t exist in this game anymore, for me at least. When levels are dull and the only challenge is awaiting your heroes and tiles to take down the enemies that can’t kill you ever unless you just completely ignore them - then that is the game that then makes it necessary to include options like “autowin” etc. Because playing such game isn’t fun at all. You want to skip gameplay just to get the loot. It only tells that gameplay is BAD.

A lot of us got hooked on this game because of early gameplay when our weak, random, untrained heroes had tough time to manage bosses on the S1 map. We wanted our heroes to get stronger so we had to build training camps and train feeders so we had to have farms and storages etc. Those were fun times. Making the heroes devour everything in their way is not what we need to make PVE fun again. And even if they were to make us skip the dull repetitive gameplay, they could introduce that without LBs. But they won’t because they make money out of loot ticket offers and retries and WE refills… Almost like they want it to be dull so you want to pay money to skip it.

I’ll welcome a pro-LB argument, like with real game content that is going to get better thanks to them. The other guy to whom my argument was addressed didn’t post anything, just basically said “you’re wrong and delusional” and mentioned PVE without even justifying anything. I justified why not.

4 Likes

Well another war win, and another Aether I that is of no benefit. It’s really ridiculous. The limit breakers are the only exciting thing to happen to this game in a long time, but considering the game won’t give any useful ones to me, it’s time to call it quits.

Well we won the weekend war, I scored 313 points and guess what… not even Aether I. Today we lost badly so again no aethers. In fact, ever since they introduced them to war loot I only got aethers once - regardless of whether we win or lose.

The omega event again did not happen this week, so they seem to be a monthly thing. So 6 months needed to be able to ascend one legendary hero of each color, unless you are stupidly lucky in the rng rolls.

But hehe at least you can already see few limit broken legendaries in peoples defenses, in tournaments. Lose, get envy, get frustrated. SG making sure once they launch offer with guaranteed aethers, you won’t be able to let it go.

4 Likes

All of those reasons and more are why I:

1. Think it’s more beneficial to break several 4* and/or 3* rather than one 5*
  2. Didn’t want to return back to (solo) wars and preferred stick to killing 1 titan per purple flag instead.

At least we can all focus on the 100% sure Aether sources - the Omega quests and the raid tournaments. But even so, the Aethers from Raid tourneys being random will not be of great help for a long time. Probably if you score 10% in tourneys all of the time, it will matter in 6 months or so…

Well I score 1% on tournaments every week and so far only got one Aether III, which happen to be yellow. So once we have Omega quest for yellow, I’ll be ready for my first legendary limit break - which may be August, may be October, who knows, who cares. Will be probably too late to be happy about it anyways.

We are really screwed
Lost a war and no aeathers at all

Aethers come with victories

Big bull——

So many complainers. If you’ve learned anything from this game it’s that nothing is quick. People expect to get the 5* limit breakers after a couple war wins and quitting if they don’t? I expect to not get them and thrilled if I do! I expect to not get any 5* heroes. Hopeful…. But not surprised if I don’t. When you’re at a breaking point that ‘I better get something good or else’, then don’t make that pull. Wait until you are in a better place.

2 Likes