About limit breakers

good to see you back, @Olmor

5 Likes

The original concern revolved around f2p gap growing from p2p. It was stated that: “f2p gap will shrink and they can be more competitive” (albeit temporarily).

So, in one hand, the gap of focus is everything not tournament related (war, raids). While in the other hand, gap of focus is tournaments and events.

In theory, for a brief window more f2p may find their way atop the raid tournies that exclude 5s and potentially events for Rare and Epic which is, nonetheless, temporary.

Retrospectively, there’s the existing unknown variable of who will Limit what and when. Yet in time, we’ll be right back where we were prior to Limits.

Which was our (and op) point. This achieves nothing towards the goal it is designed for. Creates an imbalance that balances itself out.

1 Like

In reading through this thread i see people talking about various aspects of aethers effects on the player base. People keep bringing up what the whales are doing. Does that constitute 95% of the playerbase? Nope. I do not care what the whales do with their aethers as I’m nowhere near their level and don’t want to be. I enjoy the game in my own way and I value my money in a slightly different way then needing to be on top of some random phone game leaderboard.

Use the limit breakers as you see fit and enjoy them in the playstyle you have chosen.

I broke 2 4* w/costumes and a 3* and am happy with my decision. Even got a 5* aether in tourney loot.

While I enjoy the banter about this topic some of the pettiness and back and forth is annoying to have to read.

As a person once told me - “Arguing on the internet is like being in the Special Olympics, you may win but you are still mentally challenged”

6 Likes

25 posts were merged into an existing topic: :test_tube: Early Information on Advanced Hero Levels (aka Limit Breakers) [Part of The Beta Beat v37 & V39]

I’ll just drop these here fo anyone who cares

17 Likes

Broken Limits can make a tank of every hero. A tank to stand 4 mono tiles.

This is great, since before only the power creeped paywall tanks could stand 4 mono tiles.

3 Likes

That is true

Mono user beware…

1 Like

Because not everyone has deep pockets or dumb luck

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Question about limit break and costume

Cab someone explain to me what this pink bar is? I’m generally new and couldn’t find anything about it. I encountered this for the first time in a tournament.

It means that a limit breaker was applied.

2 Likes

Yesterday Sand Empire offer with Tonic listed is probably the first of the 10 EUR offers that I skipped while in need of that specific 4 star mat.

I have Eiora&Fluffy on 3.70 awaiting 2 Tonics to be finally ascended. I even have barb emblems for them.

But then I realized, so what if I bring them up to 4.80 faster and even put some emblems on them, if with the Limit Breakers around the corner they will be down in the priority list for limit breakers, since they are situational against minion makers and have no place in defenses?

It’s the first time I actually looked at the game from that new perspective that’s enforced by LBs.

By introducing it, SG gave us a signal that it’s not wide and diversified rosters what we should be chasing after, but rather it’s narrow rosters of selected heroes that we boost high enough they will become “good for everything” just because of how strong they are. So with that, I no longer feel it’s needed to chase after a new shiny hero or to be desperate about ascension mats when I already have 7-9 maxed legendaries of each color. Now it’s about deciding who is versatile enough to be put LBs on, and I already have a couple heroes like that per each color so I think I can skip summoning and chasing the 4 star mats for at least a year, seeing what the roll out for LBs looks like. Focus spending on offers with LBs instead of other offers. Why the heck would I need to pull Morel now and enter the long game of seeking scopes then ranger emblems if in the end my first LBs will be taken by Cobalt, then Lord Loki then Ariel and all this time Morel would be sitting there useless unusable in the new LB world. And that same approach makes me not want to chase after scopes as well. The set will probably come faster than a set of LBs anyway. And it’s freaking Morel - one of the OPs of the season 4. I don’t even want to mention how low I value now all the situational and niche heroes, their usability was just delayed by YEARS - and those are YEARS during which we’ll probably see stronger heroes released anyways, so in reality these heroes were just cancelled and noone rational should be looking to pull them.

I hate how LBs are going to change the game as I always value diversity over power, but with how I started to see it - it’s actually very good for players, especially the seasoned ones. We just got incentive to spend less and do not fall behind and be punished because of it. The 10 EUR tonic from yesterday is just the first money SG didn’t get from me whereas before LBs they would. And it’s not even a sort of revenge on my end - it’s just a result of rational calculation (if debating spending on a free mobile game is ever in a category of “rational” lol).

15 Likes

Very well put. I’m in total agreement that the game is now telling you a deep & diverse roster is useless past your top 30. They created a pile of niche heroes over the last 12-18 months who are even more useless then before with the implementation of breakers. Does grimble even have a point being on a roster now?

I’m a c2p so my hero depth is mainly useless HOTMs, weaker event heroes and s1. I did a quick reassessment of my roster and stripped blems off a few 5* that are kinda useless (or niche) and just bumped up the other 5* to +20 of the same class. I previously had a balance of a particular class of blems split to gradually improve my overall war teams power.

I had a +18 sargasso, that I stripped, who is even more of a useless event hero now. I can potentially throw a +20 broken costumed tibertus in his place and have him be more useful on a purple stack then sargasso ever could be.

I have fenrir and costumed magni both at +20 now (with a spare 400 blems for whomever i decide to use them on next) and they will both be broken before I’d ever consider breaking sargasso even if I had 30 5* purple aethers.

All breakers have done is now make many more 5* completely useless and turn them into fodder for ha10 retrains.

I put together A few pics of random stages of some heroes on my roster. I have not broken a 5* so I don’t have an example yet.

Just compare sonya & lianna. Not much difference so for someone like me a costumed broken +20 4* seems to have a bigger benefit in that example.

7 Likes

No they don’t. You only make your enemies stronger

Debatable. Especially for the actual subject of that quote.

Yes.

Wrong. Try showing the math. I did.
It’s still 1% “extra”
9-12 hp depending on the 4*.
Otherwise it’s a wash in comparison to other 4* and it’s still less than the 5* with or without the LB

The ratio you keep referring to goes up on the other end too. Re-read @yelnats_24 posts. And he will educate you on the def to attack ratio.

Rather than continually troll me and pull this topic off course. I highly recommend you re-read my posts. Look at the link. And learn about what your talking about.

1 Like

Tbh I think you need stop trolling as well. You don’t like limit breakers, that’s painfully apparent but it’s somewhat non-stop now.

Either play the game and accept it is what it is or stop. This is the path the game is on. Constantly nitpicking with anyone who doesn’t agree with you is getting tired.

Don’t call out people for “trolling” when you are guilty of it yourself.

2 Likes

Hi all,

Since there’s been a long discussions about how heros will progress with new LB+1 I’ve done (WIP) a spreeadsheat with all 5*/4*/3* (excluding costumed heroes) and aplied LB+1 to all. I was creating an image with all but it was 16MB so I’ll try to split the content.

Dashboard:

1. ** Stats Variation:
  • Starting with the “Overall” row you can see that basically after LB+1 the variation in ATT stat in any hero will at most decrease 20 points or increase 22 points.
  • DEF variation will be between [-21, 17]
  • HP variation betwen [-62, 7]
  • This data is calculated based on the variation of stats from Base to LB+1.
  • The rows 5*, 4* and 3* is the same but only for those rarities.
  1. ** Absolute Values:
  • The later section of the table is about absolute values and their variation between min/max and after from base stats to LB+1

The raw data:

Stats explained using the “Aegir” row as example:

• Columns Att/Def/HP Base and Att/Def/HP LB+1 are his stats Base and after LB+1;
  • Δ Att/Def/Hp Base: It’s the difference between his stat and the max stat for that metric and rarity (overall tab excludes rarity);
  • Δ Att/Def/Hp LB+1: It’s the difference between his stat after LB+1 and the max stat for that metric and rarity after LB+1 (overall tab excludes rarity);
  • Δ Att/Def/Hp: It’s the actual relative gain or loss after LB+1 applied.
  • Reading the stats for Aegir we see that after LB+1 he becomes worst -16 points in the ATT stat, worst -4 points in DEF stat and also worts -8 points in HP STAT, this relative to stats from all other heroes in the game.

Heres the link with all the data: EP - Limit Breaker stats variation - Google Sheets

7 Likes

Thanks for this have saved a copy for reference. :+1:

1 Like

I don’t like incorrect benefits
I have talked about those incorrect benefits less than some others, while the person meant for that was literally following me to all different threads. And continually describing LB functions way out-of-whack…

Still, taking off this belt with a clock on it
Sounds good to me

More so now. SG can change the code so that every board is the same and someone, somewhere would relentlessly defend it

1 Like

Limit breakers are exciting indeed. When can we go past 85? I have most heroes so really need 5 sets of each 5* color to be effective. Damages like cobalt and tiger get broken first

[UPDATE]

Added Costumed heros and those stats changed a bit, but not too much. Also add some info regarding the % heros that lost/gained value after LB+1 applied.

Heres the Heros that gained value after LB+1 regarding to ATT stat:

Heros that gained value for DEF stat:

And those that gained for HP stat: