About Barracks. Why forge not house?

About Barack, why forge not houses?
I mean if you"re running TC 4 or 11 you don"t need to upgrade the houses too far, at first.right or wrong?
I should think that the forge would be better used for crafting higher batle elements.
Wolf9

Once you have converted, you can convert back and forth for free at any time you have a free builder. When you level troops, it’s instantaneous, just like with heroes. There is no waiting time. So you can either convert and leave it a barracks, or convert when you need it, level your troops, and convert back.
You’ll want the space in your houses for when you need to move recruits from one TC to another, such as pulling out of TC20 to get the food back to use for leveling, and stashing those recruits in TC11

4 Likes

I understand but does the forge need yo stay at level 5 ?
Thank you.
Wolf9

No, you can convert forge level 6 too. If you want to upgrade the forge, just convert it back to forge and upgrade. But that won’t be necessary as you will have three more forges.

Level 5 is the minimum level a convertible building will have to be to be converted.

Most players choose to use one of the Forges to convert to Barracks because it does not take as long to craft items as it is to train heroes out of the TC. Eventually, every one gets 4 Forges (4 TCs for that matter) as their stronghold reaches level 20. For most players and most part of their game, they would have more TCs stay active than they would on Forges, so it would make sense to use one of their lesser used buildings into a Barracks for troop training.

Houses work hand in hand with the TCs, the higher level those houses are the more flexible your resource management becomes when you need to move recruits from one TC to another or out altogether as @NPNKY have indicated. Yes, you can back out of existing training sessions (as long as you are not on the last one or if they have finished all currently active sessions), but if you don’t have the rooms in Houses / Food Storage, you lose those that you back out.

1 Like

Thank you all.
I understand better now.
Currently i’m running tc 4 with a few days back log.
My other tc are at 6 and 9, working toward having one tc 11 soon.
My level will be 22 by the end of the day.
Strong hold at 12 no barrack yet.
Best team at 2200.
I will keep on reading and playing.

You may already know this but it’s worth repeating… DON’T do any RESEARCH until you get to 11. Then only research 11, 13, 19 and 20.

4 Likes

Thank you!
Stop doing it a few days ago.
Only been playing 3 or 4 weeks.
Winter vacation! Lol.

1 Like

You can always convert back to forge.
Level your forge to 20 then convert back.
You will be bored and want to get lose if iron … convert to forge level till 20 then get barracks back.
Castle when every thing in lv20 is quit boring.
I my self using a lv20 farm as barracks. I run x4 tc11 and don’t need much food. I need my x4 forges for events and titans to craft items. But that level I reach after over 2 years of playing.
We do recommend forge to be converted as barracks because newborn players wont need it as their resources of craft items are still few to be able to run more than 2 forges!
But its game and all players should have own minds.
After all aren’t you the king of your castle? :muscle:t2:

1 Like

After spending more play time you will have enough time and food to to all researches in TCs … I have all of them open … BUT I ONLY DID IT to support the special.skill rate … now its not a matter and their existance is useless after making the feeders higher percent of raising the special skill level.
So only do the needed researches in Traning Camp:
2, 11 13 19 20.
Others are useless indeed.

Just my 2¢ - I actually use a mine for my barracks because I can’t build quick enough to keep my iron from getting full.

3 Likes

Thank you.jedon.
I have read some of of your posr and leaned a lot.
Yes, i’m starting to run out of magic mushrooms.(lol)
Wolf9

1 Like

I never thought of this. There was a time we’d be horrified at suggesting someone convert a mine to a barracks, but once we’ve maxed our base we have too much iron all the time.

It’s so irritating to see those iron bars sitting there and not being able to use them for battle items due to a lack of other materials.

I’m going to change my barracks to a mine!

4 Likes

Maybe not yet, but as you get close to updating your bases and trying to craft battle aids and at the same time, doing this while not using a 2nd Builder…

ywb

I agree with Jedon & Jonah.

The only Building I have below maximum is a single level 11 Training Camp with 2500 finished heroes waiting for a good rainbow 5* team.

For Barracks first I used a Level 5 Forge, then a Level 20 Farm, currently a Level 20 Mine.

It all depends on what you current needs.

2 Likes

I think this gif has an error.
Shouldn’t he be saying
“Be you will” :thinking:

1 Like

This brings up an important and often overlooked point …

We often give advice from the perspective of where we are at any given moment in the game. I’ve been guilty of this myself when offering advice to the newer players in our alliance.

For example, we were discussing whether a newer player should spend gems to increase their roster spots. I suggested they probably wouldn’t need to when another player reminded me that at level 58 I already had a lot of spots.

After slapping my forehead, and recounting how I was thinking back to my old pre-war days and how I didn’t increase my roster at their level. It’s a totally different game now and my advice needs to be tailored to where a player is right now - not in comparison to where I’m at!

2 Likes

@Jedon, my friend.

If there is one thing about the original trilogy geekiness in me, is that I do not forget famous dialogues. I’ve forgotten most of the prequal and episodes 7 and 8 dialogues. But I digress.

The gif is correct. It was preceded by Luke Skywalker saying “I am not afraid!” Followed by the venerable Yoda’s “Oh… You will be… You Will Be…”

1 Like

WoW so he learned English finally!
Thats cool stuff.

Actually you can not convert any storage to Barracks.

* Storage buildings cannot be converted to Barracks anymore.(linky, linky)

1 Like