A warning to the community

I am just one voice, and my money won’t make a difference but I will not be spending for the foreseeable future.

As a player, as a beta tester, and as a gamer in general, I am very disappointed with SG and the way they have handled the game. Beta testing has made me feel more hopeless, as it is apparent that tester voices are only listened to on a very superficial level. If i could go through and show you every time we, as a community, were asked for input and then largely ignored i would.

I’ve spent almost 3 years playing this game, and would gladly play 3 more, but there is exactly zero return on investment into a system that doesn’t work for the players.

I hope change comes, but my faith in leadership here doesn’t lead me to believe it will.

78 Likes

There are alot of great things about this game.

You will enjoy them a great deal more if you ignore all of the “upgrades” after SH20.

All of these features are designed to suck up all your resources and give you little but empty promises in return for your investment.

Its all smoke and mirrors.

48 Likes

I fully agree. I was excited to join beta at first. I loved the idea of being able to help evaluate new content for utility, balance, and bugs. Now I feel like I, and the other beta testers, have been not just ignored, but slapped across the face, spat on, and told I should be grateful for it.

I’m not even excited for the rest of Valhalla. I don’t plan to build HA at this point, and wish I hadn’t wasted resources building AL.

I’m looking for another game.

61 Likes

Truer words never been spoken.

I’d like some statistics made public so that we can play the game as efficient as we’d like. Much more appealing to me than ToL actually.

18 Likes

This is sad news. On the bright side, maybe the song “… and now, the time is near…” will be made a practical one in my gaming experience here. That way, i can limit, if not curtail, my time, effort and resources in Empires and Puzzles to other more fruitful and tangible endeavors. I guess it is time to look for something else better. Until version 30 is released, I will know which path to take. It was good while the fun lasted.

9 Likes

I’m a little less grumpy than I have been about the game.
In fact, I think that I’m starting to feel nothing at all about the game.

It’s a thing to do with my son. He enjoys it because it’s something he and I share, and occasionally my daughter chimes in also.

Times change, perspectives change and people get bored and move on.

To this point… I think that’s where I still remain. how I play will change, as my perspective aligns to a refreshingly-chill one. I will build all of the things. No, really, I will. Even the oft-maligned Hero Academy.

How I will I play?

Here is how I plan to build:

1. I will finish storages
  2. SH25
  3. Extra resource gens (mine, farm)
  4. Hunter’s Lodge. The stuff is expensive, but fun.
  5. Hero Academy.
  6. Alchemy lab

Why? not because I have an overabundance of hope, but because it’s something “to build” or “to complete”

I am also going to do (and have begun) the following:

1. stopped buying gems or gem deals straight-up. Tavern cured me of that.
  2. Continue to buy POV & VIP
  3. Quit expecting SG to give me what I want and just play what they give
  4. Stop the negativity that I post. It doesn’t help or change anything
  5. Provide honest, even scathing feedback in Beta. (I called Zocc’s first edition ‘rapidly-dissolving toilet paper’)
  6. Continue on the forum as I often do.
  7. Ignore the fact that Empires & Puzzles is dying. (it starts somewhere)

Bottom line? I will play the game. On my terms. And if it folds, it folds. I can’t care more about the game than the developers do.

55 Likes

The actual beta design of AL and HA are a knife into beta testers illusions.

We fight for a better development.

We care for players.

We try.

But we lost.

50 Likes

We tried and we failed.
We don’t want this, but we can’t stop this.

Sorry guys.

40 Likes

Care to elaborate a bit on this? 600 days? What’s that about? Is it 600 days if you start the game from scratch? Or what? I’m SH24 ready for 25 as soon as it is released and then I plan to throw everything into the Academy because I have about 15 S1 5* doubles triples and qvadruples… and I’m still missing a lot of S1 5*…

6 Likes

I agree completely. I just keep upgrading advanced food/iron storages for no real reason, as none of the available buildings add anything to the game for me. I’ll use the Lodge for hurricanes, but getting the titan parts for them are so rare it’s not very relevant anyway. Just upgrading for the sake of upgrading at this point, none of the new buildings have any real use. VERY disappointed hearing about the Hero Academy, seems it will be ruined just like the Alchemy Lab was.

12 Likes

This, as an f2p. buildings upgraded back to back, etc

3 Likes

First of all thanks guys, I respect everyone in beta test because all of you are volunteers to improve game who spend their time and energy.
AL and HA are just illusions to catch newer and inexperienced players to this money pit in my opinion.
With quarantine process most of player base focused on game more and more, result of that we are figured out the real intentions on us.
Personally ı drop my support to game (f2p rulez)
Beta and non-beta players gave and is going to give huge amount of feedback which ignored constantly.
I have SH24 with soon lvl7 third storages, and now i am consider to upgrade to max my houses, farms and mines than storages because there is literally no benefit to rushing build HA.

7 Likes

600 days? as in level 1 to 2 takes a week, 2 to 3 take 3 weeks, and so on, nevermind research time? and add all that up, and that totals 600 days? I guess simply, do you mean…

600 days from when you upgrade SH24 to SH25? or
600 days from the start of playing?

3 Likes

See above

2 Likes

600days of making a great many in game sacrifices in order to do it that fast (you are not upgrading a great many other things)
Doing without alot of the other “stuff” for 600 days… well if thats what floats your boat I supose.
Personally I wouldn’t enjoy playing without a forge or a tc for that long?
I find farms and mines handy on occasion as well…especially to level high level… well anything?

7 Likes

For those wondering where my 600 days came from here are the figures

let’s do the maths.

To build strong hold from level 1 to SH25 is 79 days 14 hours of building
To build all the iron storage to maximum is 199 days
Food storage is another 185 days.
You need to build houses for 57 days
You need a forge or camp at least level 5 for conversion to HA so add a few hours build time.

NOW we can build the great Hero Academy for the next 56 days, plus 2 weeks of research.

This is without the rest of infrastructure. Yes a 2nd builder speeds up the process for those with vip but you are likely to use that builder on farms mines barracks and watchtower

40 Likes

And yes I was sad enough to sit down and work it all out.

24 Likes

Basically all these flashy promises are detracting from peoples ability to actually PLAY THE GAME.

Yes it offers FTP opportunities they wouldn’t otherwise have, but if they can’t enjoy the game while they are pushing for their CHANCE at a flashy 5*… I don’t get the point.

Leveling up troops and heroes, and crafting battle items allows them to do a great many other things that give them chances, and involve being able to PLAY THE GAME.

Its cruel to dangle this and call it FTP freindly.

29 Likes

I echo the sentiments of the poster, and fellow Beta testers. I too have made the conscious decision to halt spending and not involve myself with the Beta activities until further notice. Hopefully there’s forward change before I reach the point of feeding my heroes and moving on.

16 Likes

Seems better to put the investment into tc20 instead of this horribly implemented idea. After 600 days most of what can be created here would have been found elsewhere during that process.

4 Likes