A Special Skill for Players (not heroes) called Devastate

Post content was erased by author, … because it is not the monkey nor the tiger in man that I fear, it is the donkey!

1 Like

Why should the dev team invent some kind of super power (that might be cool) that is only usable for 0.001% of the playerbase? They should rather put the effort in other stuff that effects all players.

3 Likes

Post content was erased by author, … because it is not the monkey nor the tiger in man that I fear, it is the donkey!

Because your whole thought process is based on providing already powerful players at the top of the leaderboard with nothing other than more power which will only result in no other plsyer being able to replace them ever as the players who start with these powers will always without fail destroy those just below them to avoid takeover.

Who in right mind is going to create such a thing, makes no sense and has no game advantage other than permanently keeping same top players for good.

No more needs to be said on the matter by me

2 Likes

1 Like

Having some kind of bragging-rights reward to show for playing the game well is the only part of your suggestion that I agree is worth implementing, and even that is already in the game to an extent with the challenge-event-specific avatars that are only available to the best of the best players each month.

Having this reward affect gameplay at all (i.e. as a special player-triggered special skill) would only widen the gap between the elites who would have this ultimate thing and the vast majority of players who wouldn’t. Making it more accessible (i.e. reducing the number of heroes needed as you suggested) would simply shift where the gap would manifest itself. The notion that “this PPS will certainly give some new names a shot to claim the throne” is simply not true because every player on that throne will have it too.

The only way to make player skills viable in the game would be to make them…

• Obtainable by everyone in some way, even relatively new players
  • Varied, with different types of skills to promote new strategies
  • Balanced so that no one type of skill would dominate the top spots
  • Not usable in raids/wars at all since the defense would not be able to use them.
  • Not have that epileptic graphic earlier in the thread (SG does not need lawsuits for causing seizures as a result of playing their game)

…and that seems like a tall order when there are so many complaints about already-existing aspects of the game not being balanced or well-implemented (see Guinevere, summoning odds, doubts about board randomness, war matchmaking, ascension material difficulties, etc).

In short, I don’t think this is a good idea at all. :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

NONE The rest is the 20 characters

4 Likes

I know almost nothing about baseball, but the people who “have played, done and achieved a lot in the game” are already distinguished and honored by the community. They also typically have really high raid status, war status, and high leaderboard status in the monthly challenge events. If you want to “distinguish and honor” them even more, give them a free pin to show off, not a special attack that leaves everyone else in the dust.

That “much higher objective” already exists with high level titans, alliances, wars, challenge events, etc. A skill like this being introduced would make me want to quit more than it would make me want to play harder. How would anyone without all the requirements stand a chance at getting within the top 100 of the challenge events? How is this balanced at all? It isn’t, and that’s the problem. Those few who are in the top rank will be the only ones even close to accessing this skill, and this skill would make them so much more powerful than the rest of the community that it would completely obliterate competition.

I’m guessing this one is aimed at SG, because I don’t know anyone who actually wants to be depleted of their gems. And frankly, SG does a good enough job of this already (by the way, how exactly would it deplete our gems? Getting 5* heroes is pointless if we can’t get the materials to level and ascend them).

I don’t get it. What’s the point of “exploring more variations of heroes” if you win because of a super-powered player skill? What does that prove? How does that help us test and enjoy new heroes? If a player is this high in the game already, chances are they already know all their characters very well and have already explored all variations of teams. If they haven’t, chances are they’re more than happy to do it WITHOUT the use of a super-power. Also, if it could only be used once every 24 hours it doesn’t leave much room for proper testing and exploring–testing one new team/variation a day is hardly worth it. Isn’t Alliance Wars already supposed to be doing this?

How? All it does is give the alliances with a player that has this skill a huge advantage. Well, maybe not huge because it can only be used once for one team by one person within the alliance, but I still don’t see this skill changing much in raids and AW. I have no idea how it would expand the match-making selection. The alliances that have players with this skill are likely already matched with each other, so how would this make any difference? Same with raids; they’re already matched against each other.

What does this skill have to do with raids? It can be used once–ONCE in a 24 hour period, and this skill by itself pretty much takes out the enemy team. It actually eliminates the need for strategy and skill.

Hmm the networking I see here is mostly complaints about how unavailable the skill is to the vast majority of the playerbase and how it unbalances the game. It would be a great April Fools skill if everyone had it, that could create some fun networking stories, but as a real part of the game it would only create major problems.

Player skills might be a nice addition to the game, but I personally have no interest in them. Keeping it strictly to hero specials helps keep it balanced, and frankly I’d much rather see SG work on more pressing matters, such as fixing AW match-ups, ascension material drop rates, raids (and the pointlessness of trying to gain cups), and other problems I constantly see here on the forum.

5 Likes

Well put Yoohoo!!!

3 Likes

Okay, first of all this had BETTER not mean what I think it means. To prevent a very unnecessary and inappropriate argument I’ll chalk it up to cultural and language barriers (seeing how you write I’m guessing English is not your first language. I apologize if I’m wrong).

Second your response is insulting and condescending (look it up if you don’t know this word). I am an intelligent person who has something to gain and something to lose in this game if your idea is implemented. I took the time and effort to give you the counterarguments you asked for, and in return I was laughed at and insulted; spoken to like a bully would to a five-year-old. I will no longer respond to this thread. I will no longer give you an intelligent discussion about this idea that the majority of responders have agreed is a bad idea. It’s now obvious to me that all you want is for us to tell you how wonderful and awesome you are for coming up with a brilliant idea. You are not and it is not. You need to learn how to discuss things like an adult–with respect to the opposition. When you learn how to do that, I will respect you enough to consider furthering this discussion.

Good-bye.

5 Likes

It doesn’t appear that any progress is being made here, and both sides of the argument just seem to be getting frustrated. So…

argument_victory~2

4 Likes

When I was reading his responses to your comments the only that I got from each and every sentance was HOW RUDE CAN YOU GET, and then I read your response back which was totally appropriate, all this guys wants is appraisal for an extremely bad idea and he has clearly shown that he can’t accepted honest clear criticism by anyone.

He should be shut down for being RUDE untill he apologizes.

Othervthan that nothing he said was of any value.

4 Likes

@Tough_E_Nough you have invested a lot of effort into your idea, which I appreciate.

The forum is richer when people share diverse ideas, so thank you for your contribution.

That being said, there is just one vote for this topic, other than your own.

Have you seen Avicious’ thread?

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/are-we-heading-to-pay2win-plus-other-concerns/39754/2

As founder of 7DD, he represents the kind of player that might qualify for your idea.

He had written this very thoughtful thread and has over 150 overwhelmingly positive responses and 150 likes.

He raises several concerns about the game, but none of which is remotely similar to adding a super power for high level players.

Why not turn your considerable efforts to considering solutions to some of these issues instead?

2 Likes

DQD425gWsAIbShQ%20(1)

I dont like this idea. I think is a terrible idea.

5 Likes

Has no one else realized that the OP’s tongue is firmly planted in his cheek with this idea?

At least I hope it is. April Fools Day was a few months ago.

3 Likes