A solution for Mercing and Alliances

It feels like the Devs made a move in the right direction, but killed a part of the game that was fun to people, but they also prevented what was a rather large exploit (people could, starting with 3 energy, fill an entire titan chest in a day 12 hours (8 hours with the new cooldown) later if they played their cards right)

But I feel like this move of preventing players from attacking an existing Titan misses the mark. I don’t think players should be penalized for joining an alliance, they should be penalized for leaving the alliance.

Current system:

1. Encourages people to stay in alliances because of the penalty of joining a new one.
  2. Prevents mercing as a whole.
  3. Prevents weaker alliances from getting help.
  4. Prevents brand new players from helping the first time they join an alliance.
  5. Players who are genuinely wanting to join a new alliance are penalized (and somewhat alienated) and completely unable to assist. Not really a problem, just awkward.

Why not reset a person’s flags to zero when they leave? Then you’re on a 4 hour cool down before you can assist.

1. Encourages people to stay in alliances because of the penalty of leaving one.
  2. Allows mercing but prevents it from being exploited.
  3. Allows weaker alliances to get help.
  4. Allows brand new players to help the first time they join an alliance.
  5. Players who are genuinely wanting to join a new alliance are penalized but only by a maximum of 4 hours, so that they can start helping once they get a new titan energy.

Thoughts @RubiKinga @mhalttu @Petri ?

@Coppersky @Avicious please don’t merge this as this is a solution thread, not a complaint thread.

@Bahahahahaha since you have championed this topic, your thoughts as well?

3 Likes

Hey Penari,

Fully support the search for an improved solution that keeps most people happy!

One of the problems i’d have with your proposed solution is that often the calls for help are for the very last stretch with (at least) less than 4 hours to go. With your proposed solution I would still not be able to help them.

How do you like the reaction of the devs at Bahaha’s post? I personally think it is a great way to allow mercing again while solving the problem that they (we) can fill the chest so quickly. Hope you’re happy with that too!

2 Likes

I do like their proposed solution. But if you’re a merc, and you wanted to continue to do so, you would need to stay out of an alliance to make yourself available. After being out for while, you’d have charges available to help.

I hear what you’re saying, but then you still miss out on the social aspect of mercing. Talking to people, helping them with more than a hit and just having a good time.

Your “stay in no alliance so you can hit other titans” would kill that part of the merc style.

I am all for compromises and think the E&P middle ground seems fair for all.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree with that too.