A Poll on Raiding

Hi! Just want to see how everyone is doing… this is not meant to be a competition, just want to see some different perspectives of the game.

How do you raid?

• Mono
  • 4-1
  • 3-2
  • Rainbow
  • Others

0 voters

For MONO raiders, what is your win percentage

• 80%+
  • 60-80%
  • 40-60%
  • Man! I never win raids

0 voters

For MONO raiders, what team do you bring?

• Depends on the opponent tank
  • I always bring the same team in all raids
  • I use my favorite heroes

0 voters

For MONO raiders, what influences wins/losses

• Board/luck
  • my teams strength/synergy
  • opponent teams strength/synergy

0 voters

For 4-1 raiders, what is your win percentage?

• 80%+
  • 60-80%
  • 40-60%
  • Man! I never win raids

0 voters

For 4-1 raiders, what team do you bring?

0 voters

For 4-1 raiders, what influences wins/losses?

• Board/luck

0 voters

For 3-2 raiders, what is your win percentage?

• 80%+
  • 60-80%
  • 40-60%
  • Man! I never win raids

0 voters

For 3-2 raiders, what team do you bring?

0 voters

For 3-2 raiders, what influences wins/losses?

• Board/luck

0 voters

For rainbow raiders, what is your win percentage?

• 80%+
  • 60-80%
  • 40-60%
  • Man! I never win raids

0 voters

For rainbow raiders, what team do you bring?

0 voters

For rainbow raiders, what influences wins/losses?

• Board/luck

0 voters

I go in Leroy Jenkins style. I either pop off or die quick. I’ll usually forfeit a match right if the bat of they boards are horrible.

2 Likes

I tend to raid mostly 1-1-1-2 and win around 80% of raids.

4 Likes

I have a 2-1-1-1 team with three healers. Over 90% success, but reroll (not for difficulty, but for ham, but often gives me easier teams as the toughest teams are often the players who are online the most)

1 Like

I am in a “difficult board” phase currently. I have to use stronger heroes to survive inevitable heavy rinsing.

Otherwise I try to experiment with team combos.

1 Like

Failed to realize there were other options for raiding, the 3-1-1, or 2-1-1-1-1. Sorry about that. But i guess what i can see so far is that most respondents win 80%+ of the time and wins/losses are influenced by board/luck.

My current raid team is Quintin Garjamal Pengi Rstatoskr Vela. Unless is a minnion / taunter target when I switch to Quintin Garjamal Pengi c.Melendor Captain of Diamonds. Anyway, Quintin does the heavy lifting. The prefect assassin for the main threat, allowing my other two snipers to focus on a secondary target. But in the end, it’s all about getting the right tiles.

2 Likes

By the way… I see a lot of “depending on the enemy tank” answers… how does this work in the current raid format? Tanks are a thing of the past, only relevant in wars and tourneys these days… V shape defense is a rare sight to behold now, the other formations don’t have tanks… or have multiple tanks of different colors… if that qualifies as tank… so how does " depending on the enemy tank" work in raids today? I always used to go strong against the tank, until formations came along, but now I fail to see the relevance of the “tank” word…

1 Like

“Tank” becomes more fluid, but it is still relevant, if seen as the one or more heroes that will take the brunt of the tiles. Where they are situated depends on formation, but it’s still important (in my opinion) to consider these

5 Likes

In double formation, i would use colors that would favor one but not impact the other. For example, going against a krampus (blue) and black knight (red) i would use a blue mono team since it is strong against BK but neutral (not weak) against krampus. It would be a coin toss if the tanks on double were yellow and purple. Like a ludwog and wolfgang upfront, then i would just pick yellow or purple. I have comstructed my mono teams in such a way that i almost always secure the win when i make 3 matches.

Wha…no 2-2-1? The travesty. Biased opinion, but that’s the best ratio to raid.

1 Like

It’s usually the board that decides whether you win or lose the match and 80% of the time it’s decided at the start of the match.

4 Likes

I used a lot of 2 - 2 - 1 last year. Also mono before that for a long time… now it’s 3 - 2 time… who knows what’l be next?! Anything but rainbow, I guess… by the way, new PoV daylies upset our raiding habits… rainbow and mono green today… that’s going out of grid for me. I’ll go look for some blue defense now…

1 Like

After playing with a team of Russian hackers I found that 3-2-2 worked quite well on raids.

Seriously, I tended to rotate around war teams against typical defenses I’d find in AW. Provided solid intel on how each team could handle specific defenses and how the board needed to be played. For example, team yellow could take a few hits so slow playing a bad starting board was ok except if Grave was on defense. While they didn’t take extra damage because they weren’t green, that burn was something that team preferred to avoid.

I never reroll, fight whoever shows up first, win I would guess 70% of the time, for the most part I use 2 mono teams green - lb Quenell (20) , Hatter(20) Evelyn (10) Toxicondra (12?), and lb Marcel (20) dark team, I use isn’t fast just fun has Ludwig , Alfrike, and Lu Bu, with Diaochan and Panther those aren’t listed in formation order

1 Like

If you dont hit mono in defence team with 5100+ power who has 5 fast players who hit everyone you have 90 persent you lost.example morel frig xnopold octros odin. Xnopold octros is average but with troops is fast. If anyone win 3-2 or 2-1-1 send video to watch. Is very difficult to win

1 Like

Yeah, mono lets you have a punchers chance at the higher tier defenses. Just like the one you mentioned.

1 Like

I raid with the brand new shiny heroes that I’ve just maxed, both mono and 2 or more color to get familiar with the speed and synergy. I usually keep at it until I have another new hero coming out of the oven which is few and far in between

1 Like

I am usually 2-1-1-1 or a close variant. There are prob only about 10 heroes I use to raid. To me the tank is important - especially if I am deciding between bringing Ludwig, or onyx or diaochan (for example).

But I have started using a straight rainbow a little more often and it works really well.

I only do 3-1-1 usually with Green when I encounter a mostly Ice team since I rely heavily on C. Francine to weaken any Blue heroes in the opposing team. Otherwise I use a rainbow one!