A New ToL Challenge

good going @ferg

I mean, I’m impressed by everyone doing this challenge, but what stands out with your attempt is how far you went with only 3*! And also, only vanilla 4*s all the way, wow!

2 Likes

My plan…

2021-06-24_20-48-28
2021-06-24_20-48-58

Currently at stage 3, and still on the plan… will post pics all ending fight.
Goodluck everyone :muscle:

11 Likes

Was a little bit surprised myself, just how well the 3* heroes are doing. But with emblems and/or costume those stats aren’t that far behind some 4* heroes. Would have tried the last 3 lvl also with 3* heroes but there I didn’t had any more with emblems.
The only thing you could loose trying it is some We (although in the last time with all the Quests We became more precious than ever like @Saros also stated)

1 Like

So far this… Some pics missing :confused: oh well…
Finish off later.

10 Likes

I used up all my world energy this morning finishing Frostmarch and doing those 3 Valhalla stages for PoV, but I think i have enough 3s and 4s levelled up now to give this a shot later. 3s and unmaxed 4s should take me through stage 6 and i should have enough left over to do the rest i hope!

4 Likes

Great work so far everyone! I see some really great teams. :+1:

I filled my monster chest so I get to start my ToL in like 11 hours and will probably need all 3 days :laughing:. My 3* bench is neglected and without keeping dupes I have 29 unique 4’s. I definitely need to plan ahead on this :thinking:

Keep it up though, it’s great to see some positive threads and interactions! :+1:

:beers:

6 Likes

A bit late to the party (haven’t found this challenge until I was 8 fights in), but I always try to use the least possible power to do ToL.

Here’s the final two stages:

Stage 9

Stage 10 team

Seconds before disaster

9 Likes

Here are my results:

NOTE: I forgot that 5* weren’t allowed in this challenge and I used 3 (Marjana, Zeline and Mitsuko). However, they aren’t completely maxed so they could be considered as full-emblemed 3* or 4* heroes. :pray:t4:

I usually don’t take a look to the guide as I want that the final stage to be a surprise. The hardest level for me was the next to last. In fact, I had to use three titan shields to protect the left side of my team.

9 Likes

Final lot…

10 Likes

Finished now. Used all same teams from my initial post with exception that I got a littlejohn so him unlevelled went into team 2 in place of Frosty. Also realised I had another unlevelled rigard from somewhere so could have used him instead of candy in first one. Biggest tp diff was stage 4 where my team was 800 points less so had to do some carpet bombing.

Made a mistake in last stage and fired proteus at wrong target so was a bit trickier than should have been.

Vid messed up for first 3 hits but can see used heroes in vid I do have of 4 to 10, plus bonus 2 pulls at end. Waiting for it to upload and then I will add the link (be warned it’s long as i am quite slow playing at times)

9 Likes

well, planned out my teams. Got about 24 leveled 4* heroes left (not much blues or yellows used, given there are more yellow and green bosses)

– did the first 5 levels. Of course, when actually filling the teams, I deviated slightly from the plan, but all were easily won. Did the first 2 earlier today, so no screenshot from them.

Summary

9 Likes

linking from 1-5, please follow the trail for em.

Here’s 6 to 10!

I have to say, I benefited from a fairly deep roster of 3s and 4s. It was deep enough that I did not need to plan ahead at all.

6:

7:

8:

9:

And finally, 10:

Hah, Zim thought her element link would help… Valeria stole her healing, bleah

Very happy with this challenge, kudos @Muchacho , I got to use most of my fave 3* and 4* and played around with synergies. Thanks for adding some fun back to my gaming experience

12 Likes

This was fun

Mono worked well, but tricky with first waves waiting for tiles :grimacing:, threw a few axes along the way at Khiona to counter the attack.
Screenshot_20210625-071650_Empires

Had to revive on this one, also need to grow some balls and not do Mono :rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

OK, it works,… with everything like in the plan.

Stage 1-5

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4

Stage 5

Stage 6-10

Stage 6

Stage 7

Stage 8

Stage 9

Stage 10

Only use 2x minor mana and 1 mana for stage 9, it should not need btw, but for safety.

Available spare (unused) are 51x 4* heroes.

Unused 4* Heroes

2021-06-25_02-39-25

12 Likes

Thanks @Muchacho for suggesting this. Last time was the first time I finished all ten levels of ToL, but this sounded like a fun challenge and i’ve had some time to level up a bunch of 3s and 4s since then. Here are the teams and results:

1 (spare 4s):

no items used

2 (mostly 2/1 4s):

just missed getting an end battle pic. no items used.

3 (yurple 3s + unleveled Candy):

couple minor mana to Candy for healing. she’s great! Gah Ju mana control and Kailani shared damage was key.

4 (yurple + Belith):

Belith dispel of attack boost was key, plus mostly fast mana, and cRemfeld is awesome. one super mana to Belith for heal/dispel and PoV.

5 (mono green 3s):

used a few items to make this easy because the board went bad at one point, mostly pretty easy.

6 (mono blue 3s):

definitely starting to get a little hard with 3s. they even took out my LB Nordri +19, but they really picked on him. had to use a couple each of antidotes, time stop, bombs to prevent real problems.

7 (mono red 3s):

i definitely did not need to use 3 time stops, but at one point i got a little worried and pulled the trigger on the third one because i thought cHawkmoon and the Wabbit might go down. otherwise this went rather well i thought, it leaves me with options for 8-10.

8 (purple/blue 4s):

any chance to give poor Agwe a chance to play is a good one. he did fine. better than Grimm anyway. :laughing:

9 (yurple 4s):

The A-team for stage 10:

and:

just used one bomb and one regular mana pot.

total items used: 3 minor mana, 1 regular mana, 3 super mana, 4 super antidotes, 8 bombs, 8 time stops. could maybe have used less items, but i was concerned about losing some key heroes and not being able to finish.

complete! thanks again @Muchacho for suggesting this. it definitely put to good use some heroes that otherwise might have sat out, and they did well. plus it gave me a chance to see how far my 3s can really go.

great to see such good results. good luck everyone still at it and keep having fun out there!

edit: consolidated posts

11 Likes

Done! I used the teams in the previous post except I swapped in Wu for Colen on stage 10.
I used one revive scroll on an early level when I wasn’t paying attention and maybe 6 minor mana potions. I had time stops but never used one.

This was easier than I thought it was going to be. Good suggestion! I will not take part if we are only allowed to use 3 stars!
This is the first time I’ve been glad to have so many depth heroes. I have an additional 16 fully leveled four stars (some with emblems, most without) that did not get used.

9 Likes

Didn’t take pictures but no 5stars used here too! :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I fat fingered a level up thus lost 32 WE (should’ve used 10 Loot tickets on 12-9 instead of 2), so my videos will be uploaded with some delay, moreover there is a Gems II quest right now which I am prioritizing.

1 Like

I’m neither brave nor skillful enough to take part in these challenges (plus too mean to use a lot of items), but it’s really interesting and encouraging to prove what can be done with rares and epics. Hopefully it will inspire newer players to have a go instead of looking at the recommended team power and assuming they can’t.

3 Likes

nice job, sleepy!! u have really deep rosters! gratz

1 Like