Create Separate Chat Room for Mercs [MASTER]

Make a separate chat room for mercs and a way to filter out the mercs in the other chat rooms

As I check the forums and global chat each day and become more active as a leader I have come to realize that one way to thin out the four different rooms (General, Peer Support, Alliance Recruitment and Off-Topic) would be to offer a fifth chat room for MERCs.

The idea is the room would be for those that MERC to have a place to chat amongst themselves and for alliances to reach out to them for recruitment when needed.

I know many people have Line and Discord accounts but that only goes so far. Having a place to chat in game without having to download another app on their device would be a welcome change.

I have made a few friends through the game that wanted to know more about being a MERC and just didnā€™t have anyone to talk to other than the current rooms. Those for rooms are overflowing with quite a lot of the same information.

1 Like

I think the new update will probably kill off 80-90% of merc-ing so I doubt it will be relevant anymore.

1 Like

Mercs!? We canā€™t give those scallywags thier own chat room. :roll_eyes:

I think a merc begging chatroom is a great idea for alliances that choose to use outside services to do a job they cant.

2 Likes

HI SG,

Could it be possible to create a chat for Mercs only.
When iā€™m recruiting in the recruiting room, i mostly see mercs who want to help alliances for titans or AW.
Over and over iā€™m asking to join our alliance and get the answer that they are mercs.
Itā€™s a bit annoying after a while.
I understand that for some alliances, mercs are a gods gift.
But please give them a chat room exclusively for mercs

Kind Regards,
AKA Traggeter

1 Like

Thereā€™s already an Alliance Recruitment chatā€¦ But what about a chat specifically for mercenaries? Some players like hitting titans, but donā€™t want the headaches of meeting the requirements of an alliance. A chatroom just for requesting temporary help would make life easier for everyone: youā€™d know exactly where to find hired guns, and us mercs would have a specific place where we wonā€™t be asked ā€œwanna join my alliance?ā€ every 5 secondsā€¦

Hi, there actually are several. Thankfully @Rook is also a moderator on a Merc Line group - I wish I had her energy: so Iā€™ve tagged her.

Edit :@Rook stand down :blush: The idea is to add a merc group to E&P

1 Like

Is it actually IN Empire & Puzzles?? Or is it a seperate app, like Line or Discord? Because what I was envisioning was an actual part of E&P: you have General, Peer Support, Alliance Recruitment, Experienced (Level 20+), & Off Topic. I was suggesting adding a ā€œMercenary Assistanceā€ to the existing listā€¦ That way EVERYONE can see it.

OK thenā€¦ The answer is No.
I retract my previous.
FYI. this thread may be of interest as not everyone is fond of mercs (I still donā€™t understand why)

2 Likes

My only issue with marcs are when they hop into an established alliance (not a dead one), uninvited. We only had it happen twice. A strong player came in and we were happy to welcome them. They helped us take down a tough titan, went to the top of our leaderboard and left again. Naturally our next titan was too strong for us and we had to let it go.

The second time was the same scenario. After that whenever we got a legitimately strong player join us, I was always suspicious and didnā€™t get too ā€œattachedā€ to them for a while. It was disruptive for our usually very warm, cheerful and welcoming alliance. Its forced us to change our alliance to 'invite only, which makes it harder (from a communicating and logistical perspective) for a new player to easily join us.

I have absolutely no problem with mercs joining alliances where they are clearly invited.

As we all know, in the real world a ā€œmercā€ is a hired gun - to arrive uninvited would be called an invader!

5 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™ll definitely check it out.

Thatā€™s what a merc does. They have a good place in this game are do actually help alliences out as it gives you an opportunity to obtain, see and collect rewards from a titan strength that you woukd normally kill.

donā€™t forget that they also take a chance at getting nothing as in most or many cases top hitters donā€™t get decent or any mats but you can be sure someone in your allience really appreciated that great reward which woukd not have happened if there wasnā€™t that mercā€™s help.

I/we actually welcome them with open arms and on rare occasions we might call one in but never push them away and let them know before the titan dies that they that always welcome.

I think a merc based chatroom would be great but tge other disadvantage to that is how many none mercs will chat in there whilst chasing one, the room will become just as cluttered as the others in the end.

As for letting the next one! That isnā€™t such a bad thing as it gives everyone time to recover. Had you gotten the last titan you more than likely would have had to let it go anyway because you wouldnā€™t of had the resources to kill it so the result would if had been the same with the difference that you obtained rewards you would not have gotten to start with. Really mercs are a win win all round.

2 Likes

For me, a more honest approach would be if they had popped in, said they were mercing and asked if weā€™d like the help.

I still consider it an intrusion!

1 Like

Itā€™ll just end up being another recruiting room unless the mods in peer support are there but then itā€™ll just be another peer supportā€¦ Best advice i can give anyone who wants to improve in game chat: get line and be picky about your company

4 Likes

Please simply add a separate chat room for every language category for alliances/players to post only information about their current titans in and mercenaries about their titan energy level etc.

This would be more productive and would also prevent a lot of angry responses from other players who feel ā€˜spammedā€™ in other chat rooms.

I would be pro this. My days of alliancing hard are behind me for the foreseeable future. I would be more open to merc-ing but I donā€™t want to merc bad enough to sit and watch a crazy chat room forever in hopes of seeing a message.

Doubt it will happen, but there a niche market this would be convenient for. :+1:

@rook can you add me to merc help line dudeious.maximus (jude user name)
As well need a merc or two

1 Like

See line. :+1:

Since POV has been added to our game, the number of Merc requests has escalated dramatically. The purpose of Peer Support is lost, as it is over run with these requests. The draw to help others is ever present but it is difficult to see a question or for them to see the answer due to the magnitude of merc requests. Please create a room for merc requests so we can salvage peer support

2 Likes